2016 Mod WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current version is 0.7
Se WIP evolution below
Please come back to me with your suggestions and don't forget to be indulgent, this was and still is a long lone work.
Thanks to bwoah for his help on finding drivers and staff around the world.
Thank you all for your patience.
The final release will come in few days although a intermediate version could come before.

Link : see other thread for 1.0 versionhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/egm2lbsolclo36o/MM+2016+Mod.zip
To use this beta mod, remember to first backup your file "resources.assets" in your MM Data folder. Then uncompress your download in that same folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will be included in 1.0:
All drivers have correct ages, numbers, physics, bios.
Made changes to better reflect real potential, fan popularity, abilities, marketability and sponsors attractiveness.
Added free drivers to reach a list of 197 real drivers. Not a single fake driver in the game!
All teams have real chairman, team principals, engineers, and mechanics with correct DOB and physics.
Some real free Team principals and engineers added.
Real names for competitions and organizations in all messages, tweets, press, conversation, or any other screen.
Real places for races. (Doha=>Bahrain, Ardennes=>Spa-Francorchamps, Barcelona, Monaco, Hockenheim, etc...)
Real logos for teams and sponsors.
Real medias with correct logos, real journalists and celebrities.
Drivers and staff with correct equipment colors.
Real Bernie Ecclestone :laugh:

WIP: (updated 06/12)
- Real Team liveries with custom textures (22% done)
- Sponsor logos on liveries (100% done)
- Logos on hats (100% done)
- Suppliers logos (done)
- 20 more free drivers (100% done)

- Few other tweaks

3q2pW3S.png

OgBd2iw.png

EpXETp9.png

Screenshots below are old ones from earlier in dev

wsix23s.png

HCTzirp.png

8PcifYz.png

Last edited:
my personal opinion about the sessions length in practice (next will be quali., im not there yet so i dont know what length it is) it should be 20 min max. in practice-sessions because it will make the game easy with all the performance-bonus we will get. you can get upgraded everything to level 3 in 40 min. i would recommend 20 min max or even less. as far as i can remember the original setting was 12 min, right in the middle would be my suggestion, so 16 min of practice is fair to make your choice (trim for practice or race) and live with that. just my 2 cents. next will be qualif.

Looks good mate. Just noticed a few guys with the wrong nationalities: Gasly, Bernstorff and Maini.

Game seems to crash when I try to sort drivers by nationality on scouting.

Thank you for your hard work

Looks awesome, do you have any preference in how you want to receive feedback @enzoli ?

I noticed wrong img for Microsoft as sponsor:
352gos9.jpg

Also noticed that fixed and race bonus sponsors are mixed up (will upload pic once I have it.

Happy to make one bigger file of items, what ever suits you best... Let me know!

Looks good mate. Just noticed a few guys with the wrong nationalities: Gasly, Bernstorff and Maini.

Gasly and Maini have been identified and fixed for next release.
Bernstorff despite being half Danish, half British, races under a British license :)

Gasly and Maini have been identified and fixed for next release.
Bernstorff despite being half Danish, half British, races under a British license :)
Ah, I see.

Can I ask, how did you ensure that fake drivers like Daisy Parker for e.g. don't show up in game? I understand that unity was used. Is it too long to explain?

Also, is Charles Leclerc not showing up because the game doesn't recognise Monaco as a country?

I have tried the mod for the first season race and I really like it. But i have to second those practice and quialy times are way too long in F1. I maxed every tyre and both trims and still hat to sit through at least 15 minutes of practice. Also the Ai doesn't use the extended time in qualy and just sits in the pits. I found that some staff members in GP3 have an age of 2015 yrs. Bit old if you ask me :D

keep on the good work, can't wait for 1.0

Ok, I will look if it crashes fro me too. Thanks for the feedback
Great job! I scanned through some of the free drivers:

-Adrian Stutil -> should be Adrian Sutil
Corrected. Thanks a lot.
When you will update to the final version we need to restart or we'll can use the savegame of the 0.7 version?
Good Work you're great
I'm afraid yes. As I said, this is an early release to allow people putting a hand on it and giving feedback for improvement. Final is not far away though.
Looks awesome, do you have any preference in how you want to receive feedback @enzoli ?

I noticed wrong img for Microsoft as sponsor:
352gos9.jpg

Also noticed that fixed and race bonus sponsors are mixed up (will upload pic once I have it.

Happy to make one bigger file of items, what ever suits you best... Let me know!

Ah, I see.
Yes, look at first post WIP. I detail my progression. Sponsors textures for liveries are only 60% done.
Very interested in your feedback for race bonus.
Do as it suits you best for feedback. Anyway it will be very helpful. Thanks for that.
Can I ask, how did you ensure that fake drivers like Daisy Parker for e.g. don't show up in game? I understand that unity was used. Is it too long to explain?

Also, is Charles Leclerc not showing up because the game doesn't recognise Monaco as a country?
By replacing existing fake names with real ones and editing all their values.
I didn't know Leclerc is not showing. I'll check that thanks.
I have tried the mod for the first season race and I really like it. But i have to second those practice and quialy times are way too long in F1. I maxed every tyre and both trims and still hat to sit through at least 15 minutes of practice. Also the Ai doesn't use the extended time in qualy and just sits in the pits. I found that some staff members in GP3 have an age of 2015 yrs. Bit old if you ask me :D

Thanks, I will definitely tune it a bit.
Thanks for the 2015 age.

Thank you all for your feedbacks. I'll build on that for next version.

Could you tell me if it was chairman, team p, engineers or mechanics?

practice and qualif. -sessions should be tuned down 40 mins or whatever the setting is for each of the tiers, has to be max. 20, and if you ask me not above 16 min. i just finished my 1st race in GP3 and got 1st and 6th place with STATUS GP, i checked my cars perfomance-bars for each category and compared to the 2nd placed car. it is better/stronger in all categories. the 15% boost for race-trim and for soft tyres made the difference i guess. i should test if i can perform on the same level without these boosts. just go out for a lap and go in... and so on just to get the setup right and pass on these perfomance-enhancing drugs... LOL!!!

I just realised, I think Leclerc isn't showing based on the level of the scouting facility, so I don't think there is a problem with that.
You're right. I've got a feeling we might be able to change that either by the order in the database, or something in his profile as I've noticed when loading the default database, the same drivers appear at different scouting levels in every new game.
I'm thinking Leclerc should appear in a lower level scouting facility as he is already well known?

Qualifying and practice times are great if you ask me, too bad ai doest use the extra time in qualifying..

So the ai is not making use of the extra practice to improve their setup?? I think they do..?? Otherwise there is something weird with the ai?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%