2020 Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans (Live Stream)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the first ever official 24 Hours of Le Mans - virtual edition.

This weekend marks an historic moment for the genre of sim racing, as the WEC, Automobile Club de l'Ouest and Motorsport Games are set to host what could well turn out to be the largest organised virtual race in history - the Le Mans 24 Hours Virtual.

Held as an officially sanctioned event in place of what would have been the real Le Mans 24 Hours this weekend, the race features an incredible selection of official teams, manufacturers and drivers. Two Formula 1 World Champions, three Indy 500 victors and seven outright Le Mans 24 Hour winners join together with some of the finest rFactor 2 sim racers racing side by side with their real world contemporaries .

Held at the beautiful Le Mans circuit in rFactor 2, and making use of the LMP2 and GTE content within the simulation, the race is set to become a high watermark for the increasingly popular esport movement we are experiencing at present.

You can catch all the action live here:

Maybe because they only look at the "laps" tab, which shows them on the same lap as the second to last LMP car, ignoring the "gap to leader" tap which puts them 69 laps behind.

There's a glitch in the app.
i think they're more pissed he's actually allowed back on, blaming him for running out of fuel.. most clearly don't have seen how the whole situation unfolded but it's pretty hilarious imo

The Le Mans yellow flag procedure kills me.
1. Yellow flag, I'm near the pits & I dive in for service and then have to wait, wait for a que that is not even in sight yet.. wait....wait...
or
Yellow flag after an hour or so. The leader has lapped all the slower categories EXCEPT for the leader of the GTE class,(which he probably was only seconds away from doing. ) GTE leader continues on to join the next que, and the rest of the GT field is stuck behind a 2nd or 3rd pace car.(even if 2nd place was only a car-length behind.) Often this results in the end of the race...The GTE leader is a lap ahead and the rest of the field usually never catches up. 20+ hours of no real race for the lead in lessor categories.
I always suggested an artificial solution, but one that preserves competition. GT3/D are tied to the tail of the GTD/3 leader. If he gets moved on then all those on the same lap also move on. GTE, the same, every car on the same lap as the GTE leader gets lined up behind him. If you have fallen a lap down to your class leader, sorry charlie, no free pass for you.

I love racing and Le Mans, but I won't watch some pretentious virtual show.

Not sure this is the right place for you then, mate... :roflmao:

On these red flag issues, I imagine the real race would have been running under yellow and SC for hours by now, a minor break like this I can endure. Also I never get people just s***ting on stuff, give us some arguments, tell us why, what would you do different, be part of the conversation! Or bugger off at least ;)

Not even 10% of the real event.

Not sure why people call this is a success, if they wanted to promote simracing, they should have done a better job.
Lol, do you even see how far out of proportion your analogy is? Sim racing is a niche and you will have quite alot of people who are into real motorsport but don't care for sim racing. Some people will just never be pleased as it seems. They did a damn good job so far with it and I don't see why some people just can't get over it. The important thing is that they tried to bridge the gap and reading the comments on the stream most people are enjoying the broadcast, how the visuals are and how it is presented. If you really think that this is bad work you clearly have some abysmal standards. Technical issues will allways happen, that's a given fact. Real or virtual :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 30 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 9 2.5%