2020 Virtual 24 Hours of Le Mans (Live Stream)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the first ever official 24 Hours of Le Mans - virtual edition.

This weekend marks an historic moment for the genre of sim racing, as the WEC, Automobile Club de l'Ouest and Motorsport Games are set to host what could well turn out to be the largest organised virtual race in history - the Le Mans 24 Hours Virtual.

Held as an officially sanctioned event in place of what would have been the real Le Mans 24 Hours this weekend, the race features an incredible selection of official teams, manufacturers and drivers. Two Formula 1 World Champions, three Indy 500 victors and seven outright Le Mans 24 Hour winners join together with some of the finest rFactor 2 sim racers racing side by side with their real world contemporaries .

Held at the beautiful Le Mans circuit in rFactor 2, and making use of the LMP2 and GTE content within the simulation, the race is set to become a high watermark for the increasingly popular esport movement we are experiencing at present.

You can catch all the action live here:

WTF?!?!?!

Eurovision meets LM24 going on atm... not cool.

Untitled.png

Which steam are people watching? The official YT one just decided to take a break :). I switched to Jimmy and realised he has more viewers than they had at peak!
dang.. so no more official commentary? might see if it's on TV

I watch it on a TV-Channel in my country (or, the streaming service of that channel)

Official commentary will be back after the concert ;)

WTF?!?!?!

Eurovision meets LM24 going on atm... not cool.

View attachment 381556

Ye, as they said on the stream, there is a concert every Le Mans night, so it would be the same for this event. It also gave the commentators a chance to take a little break.

If I heard correctly, they'll be back before midnight, and I guess, midnight Le Mans time.

rF2 was such a bad choice. Apart from it looking really poor they can’t run one single event without having to do a server reset?! How lame.

iRacing has been able to run their world events with 20 plus splits (so like running 20 Le Mans races all at the same time) with no issues for more than a year now.
well be it as it may, they picked RF2, maybe iRacing didnt' have the balls to do it ? or - depending if some money is involved, it was not worth it for them , we might never know
they aslo don't have the LMP2 cars, no Aston either

also speakingof visuals, I dont' think iRacing would look better

actually thinking of cars, I don't think any other major sim out there have those cars in , so they didn't really have a choice

rF2 was such a bad choice. Apart from it looking really poor they can’t run one single event without having to do a server reset?! How lame.

iRacing has been able to run their world events with 20 plus splits (so like running 20 Le Mans races all at the same time) with no issues for more than a year now.

Well, it's very much possible to run an event in rF2 without server restarts, RDLMS and the VEC (or what it is called) are the proof of that.

And iRacing have had their fair share of issues.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 267 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 276 38.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 255 35.4%
  • McLaren

Votes: 169 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 271 37.6%
  • Intel

Votes: 90 12.5%