AC Abarth500/MazdaMX5@Zonda, Wed 11th October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Only point against are the many and complicated setup options.

I try my best'est to find an advantage , mostly that for me it is setups to name one. To remove that puts me mid field and struggling, bad enough having the BOP scupper me to add setups gone would make racing defunct for me.
Two Three swear words in my sim racing vocabulary = BOP, no abs and fixed setup.:roflmao::roflmao:

i just cannot create mid corner grip. as the more alien type drivers do. i rely on getting out of the corner and getting into the corner, for that you need setups, abs is also very useful for consistency.

I rely on consistency not ability, that is were setup comes into it all, I have assumed I am not alone in that goal.:unsure:

Last edited:
Well Ernie,

I´m afraid you fired in the wrong direction here, my friend :p

I suggested the Swift as a ROOKIE car that deconflicts from the ND by being faster on the straights AND when cornering.

So no way your (very experienced) butt should sit in Swift Sport.;)

Noone has even mentioned the offending term :cool:

Though, now that the cat is out of Pandora´s BOP, Han, what do you think about it?

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 16-57-41 roadrunner cartoon at DuckDuckGo.png

Rookie event will be with the Cup and the ND as usual. For the next single event there will be the Abarth, Honda and Suzuki in the Abarth class. In the Mazda class will only be the MX5 unless we find a matching rwd drive car.

I solved the "car doesn´t move" conundrum, untick the "extended physics" box. :speechless:
Somehow I overlooked that one.

I then found the Swift really easy to drive even with NO SETUP work whatsoever.
When the rears go cold you can even "scandi flick" it into corners and "power" out.

So I find the perfect Rookie car to get the feet wet in Online racing.

What I don´t find is the car engaging to drive. It feels like a (long) dead donkey lying around on the track, road feel is greatly diminished in comparison to other cars. That may be a problem with my tactile system as no other driver has complained about it.

Only drove the Suzuki for a couple of laps and found it cornered on rails and was very chuckable into the corners. It did feel however way down on power compared to the other cars we use. Your lap times are surprisingly me due to the lack of grunt though

Han,

the Mixercup seems to be a unicorn.
I have not been able to find a similarly performing RWD car.

The GT86 Cup (not GR86 Cup) should be close with moderately more power but much more weight, but I cant find a mod for that.

Also candidates could be :

E30/E36 318is or 325i

Nissan SX180/Silvia/Soarer

Ford Sierra

Mercedes 190e 2,6

Opel Manta A400

if we could find a race prepped mod with near to stock engine power.

Last edited:

Actually this could be an option.

In "good and crafty hands" it should be a bit faster than the Mixercup but´s it´s an oldshool "bitch car", it tries to kill you in every turn.
No ABS/TCS, mediocre suspension and lousy "Semi Slick" tyres makes it really "fun" to drive.

On the Abarth alternative engine sound:
EXCELENT!!! It finally feels like a (race) car. Still behind the Civic when it comes to emotion but at least now it's something that I can enjoy listening for 2 hours on Wednesdays. Thank you so much for sharing Han!

On the Suzuki:
I just went for a couple of laps around the track we run this last week with the default set-up. First impressions: super easy to drive and wants to play around the track more than I allowed it. It was good to have a co-pilot sitting next to me as well :roflmao:. In the end it felt slower than all the other cars, but at the same time I feel there was a lot more to explore with set-up, which I completely skipped. Overall a welcome addition to the roster and I will definitely give it a spin in one of the next events! :thumbsup:

Cheers!
- Ricardo S

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 168 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 133 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 93 19.3%
  • Watch party