AC Abarth500/MazdaMX5@Zonda, Wed 11th October 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes, max at the bus stop on left, on the long straight. ( i was only approximating from the 121mph, just worked it out 194km/hr sorry, i can see the confusion.:confused:

Last edited:
The download from assetoworld didn´t pass my browsers security checks, it tried to download a .....exe ??

I know it's a sneaky way to get you downloading stuff you don't want. But it's only once per session. If you should download multiple mods in the same session, you don't get the commercials popups anymore.
@HF2000, I would recommend you to find a different link or host this file somewhere (i.e. dropbox, google drive, etc). There might be some less tech-savvy people who'll download the exe and end up with malware on their computer. Not a fun time.

Edit: here's a link to the suzuki from my drive. I'll keep it up at least until after the race. Han, maybe you can use this link so it's easier and safer for other people to download the car? https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Nvr375tWuFgo5mPE8mNNQz0KK4L0Vr-/view

Last edited:
Yes , just tried it on Zonda, i think in some ways it is quicker than the Honda over a race.
PS, not a whole lot slower than the Abarth over a race disance.

Last edited:
Funny thing,

tried all the FWD´s in my collection ( as you may have guessed they´re not that many :rolleyes:) and by accident one midengine/RWD (forgot that the Clio V6 was an unicorne :p).

And was surprised to see that all Kunos cars worked fine, only the Swift and the Clio didn´t have drive shafts.
Steering and pedals work, you can see/feel the gear engaging, revs climbing and car moving with steering input, it just doesn´t drive ( tried six different tracks)

I also tried Rico´s download, it´s the same as the other source.

Idea´s??

Had fun last night driving the Honda. Did not vibe too much with the track. The views were fenomenal, but the turns were a bit too technical for me to enjoy.

Managed to get to my pace and keep it consistent throughout and make just a few minor mistakes here and there.

Best race for me so far. I started with a penalty of 15 seconds from the boxes due I had to restart the game and I found myself first with all cars behind. I decided to stop and let the pros pass and start from the end. From that moment I have had the best time ever, fighting with Ricardo, all the best my friend, so good pace and very clean competition. A pleasure, yo put a smile in my face. At the middle of the race I braked to avoid hit him and got out... Later I stopped to pit and I only managed to catch him again in the last lap, but I was not able to pass him...
Congrats to all, specially Ricardo for give me so much fun and thanks Hans for organice.
See you all next week

My friend it was very good and clean fighting with you, really enjoyed it. But at the same time I have to admit I was feeling bad for holding you up so much :notworthy:. Both you and Rico had to suffer behind me in all the curves, only to see me go off in the straights. You even managed to land a pass but that put you off-line in the following corner causing you to lose too much speed so in the next straight I took the place back. In practice, quali and race you were at least 1 second faster than me - you really are picking up the pace!

There was however something I did learn and would like to share with you. When Rico noticed it would be hard to overtake me he did the best thing he could in that situation: he pitted in order to undercut me. Because he had more pace than me as soon as I pitted I would come out behind him. I like to pit at the latest moment possible so unfortunately for Rico by minute 40-ish he found me again. Fortunately for him he caught a good opportunity and overtook me rapidly.
So, what is the lesson: if you have a better pace than the guy in front, but the track is making it really hard for you to overtake you can always try to undercut via pitting early. Unless that guy is me because then we can fight it off for 60 minutes :roflmao:. Just joking.

Driving the Honda was nice (I really love that engine sound), but it became clear it is 1-2 seconds slower than the Abarth. Not a problem for me, but something worth noting for the more competitive types. I know I was the one that suggested it, but last time I played around with it I had the 3 screen setup and simply set the camera either to the center of the car or third person. I completely forgot the steering was on the 'wrong' side. I now play in VR. Boy it was hard to get used to the mirrors!!! The car dimensions I got used to faster than expected but the mirrors... I kept looking into the top right for no reason. :O_o:
Oh and in the last laps I was lapped by Fulvio and John while they were really battling out in the civics and wow! What a joy to experience that! That looked like so much fun!

Han I would not mind adding the Suzuki to the mix as well, the more choices the better - as long as all options are balanced enough. Had a quick look through my library for RWD cars but could not find anything close enough to the MX5 Cup. I'll give the Suzuki a test-drive during the weekend but I did like first impressions people have shared.

Thank you everyone for the nice racing, congrats to all the winners and thank you Han for organizing it and adding the Honda to the mix :thumbsup:.
See you next week!
- Ricardo

@HF2000, I would recommend you to find a different link or host this file somewhere (i.e. dropbox, google drive, etc). There might be some less tech-savvy people who'll download the exe and end up with mallware on their computer. Not a fun time.

Edit: here's a link to the suzuki from my drive. I'll keep it up at least until after the race. Han, maybe you can use this link so it's easier and safer for other people to download the car? https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Nvr375tWuFgo5mPE8mNNQz0KK4L0Vr-/view
Hi Rico,

Could
Funny thing,

tried all the FWD´s in my collection ( as you may have guessed they´re not that many :rolleyes:) and by accident one midengine/RWD (forgot that the Clio V6 was an unicorne :p).

And was surprised to see that all Kunos cars worked fine, only the Swift and the Clio didn´t have drive shafts.
Steering and pedals work, you can see/feel the gear engaging, revs climbing and car moving with steering input, it just doesn´t drive ( tried six different tracks)

Idea´s??
When I have that problem with a car, I haven't selected the Car-specific controles
1697144417520.png

Last edited:
So, what is the lesson: if you have a better pace than the guy in front, but the track is making it really hard for you to overtake you can always try to undercut via pitting early.
That's exactly why I have configure the mandatory pitstop although it isn't needed.

Funny thing,

Idea´s??
I am struggling to understand Carsten, I have driven the Suzuki obviously, and the Clio at Thompson.
They both drive perfectly.
????

PS, for Han, what does car specific controls actually do???

Last edited:
PS, for Han, what does car specific controls actually do???
1697148368526.png

You can save this configuration in a file so select it for a car. I have 3 configurations. The one I use for the Abarth/Mazda/Suzuki is Han3 .

Last edited:
When I have that problem with a car, I haven't selected the Car-specific controles
View attachment 700416
Had that problem once, but it shows differently for me.
I had no steering input, pedals were working.
Problem arises when you set a controls preset for a car and then change it in CM.

Ernie, I use this setting to configure the controls ( steering wheel size/FFB, paddle shifters/sequ. stick/H-pattern, with or without buttons, button bindings on cockpit, left foot braking a s o.)

The funny thing is that the gear engages, the engine revs but the car doesn´t move.
It can´t be car specific controls because it happens with different cars on different tracks and presets.

Thank-you Carsten, I randomly get that with vanilla Ui in AC, never really got to the bottom of it. It is random and rare’ish.
Obviously I just re do all the control inputs and all is okay for a while.

I did some more testing with the Suzuki. It might well be the fastest car of the four in a race. The top speed is even lower than from the Mazda but with the 6-gearbox with is useful in all gears, it has probably the best mid-speed acceleration while the cornering speed is almost as good as the Mazda.

Last edited:
You must have got more from it than I did, about a second at best slower than the Abarth, but it was easier to repeat laps.
The Abarth can get you into a spiralling out of control set of problems if you lose concentration.
The Suzuki is more pointy, easier to control, and when it goes wrong, easier to correct.

Thank-you Carsten, I randomly get that with vanilla Ui in AC, never really got to the bottom of it. It is random and rare’ish.
Obviously I just re do all the control inputs and all is okay for a while.
I work around it by switching off "dedicated controls", change control settings and switch on again.;)

I did some more testing with the Suzuki. It might well be the fastest car of the four in a race. The top speed is even lower than from the Mazda but with the 6-gearbox with is useful in all gears, it has probably the best mid-speed acceleration while the cornering speed is almost as good as the Mazda.
I feel the Swift Sport would be great car for Rookie Multiclass as it´s faster on the straights than the ND and so would defuse the corner conflicts/dive bomb situations we had.

Only point against are the many and complicated setup options.

On the "car not moving" situation I´ve had another idea that I will check when I come home.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 168 34.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 133 27.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 93 19.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 38 7.9%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 9 1.9%