AC: Formula Championship

Apps AC: Formula Championship ALPHA-v0.2.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
I Fixed my problem by using Car Tuner, now I'm stuck here View attachment 639612

I press start session, load in session as track day with all the field, end the session and nothing happens, I'm using Content Manager to play AC, do these apps works together? I have to use the vanilla AC?

Edit- I also tried to check "skip pre-season testing" and nothing changes.
The formula championship app is separate from Assetto Corsa. The app can't start a race-session on its own (Im looking into this to see if it a possibility) and you will have to start the session manually.

The formula championship app is separate from Assetto Corsa. The app can't start a race-session on its own (Im looking into this to see if it a possibility) and you will have to start the session manually.
Yeah I understood that, I'm asking you if I have to use vanilla AC or I can also use CM.
Because I tried 3 times to start a session and at the end of it nothing changes, the app remains with only "start session" button clickable.

I Tried to start pre-season test by starting a track day with 19 opponents and nothing changes, I also tried to check skip test and start a weekend race with 5 min quali + 15 lap race and at the end of the session your app is still frozen like nothing happened.

Last edited:
Yeah I understood that, I'm asking you if I have to use vanilla AC or I can also use CM.
Because I tried 3 times to start a session and at the end of it nothing changes, the app remains with only "start session" button clickable.

I Tried to start pre-season test by starting a track day with 19 opponents and nothing changes, I also tried to check skip test and start a weekend race with 5 min quali + 15 lap race and at the end of the session your app is still frozen like nothing happened.
The start session button will run all the code to setup the session in assetto corsa. When this is finished all team's cars should have been updated with their new stats. This is where yuou start the session in Assetto Corsa/Content manager (CM is preferred).
After finishing your session. (Race finished, or you're done with pre-season testing) You click the Finish Session button. This will take you to the points awarding window. (If you're finished with pre-season testing it will skip points awarding)

The start session button will run all the code to setup the session in assetto corsa. When this is finished all team's cars should have been updated with their new stats. This is where yuou start the session in Assetto Corsa/Content manager (CM is preferred).
After finishing your session. (Race finished, or you're done with pre-season testing) You click the Finish Session button. This will take you to the points awarding window. (If you're finished with pre-season testing it will skip points awarding)
When I press the "start session" button nothing happens, I'm using CM "Steam" game starter.
So when I launch assetto corsa from steam it directly launches CM (if that can help).

Anyway the button "Finish Session" is not clickable, as I said before I've watched your tutorial to start the pre-season test and it doens't works.

After clicking the start session button I have to configure by my self the weekend race right? Same for the track day, I have to add manually all the cars and change the opponents aggression/skill?

Last edited:
When I press the "start session" button nothing happens, I'm using CM "Steam" game starter.
So when I launch assetto corsa from steam it directly launches CM (if that can help).

Anyway the button "Finish Session" is not clickable, as I said before I've watched your tutorial to start the pre-season test and it doens't works.

After clicking the start session button I have to configure by my self the weekend race right? Same for the track day, I have to add manually all the cars and change the opponents aggression/skill?
Hmm alright. You're right on both parts of the session conffiguration.
It sounds like there might be an issue with a team's save-data.
You can manually double check this, by going into you documents/home folder and check the save-files insde "Ac cardev save-data" in the corresponding profile/folder name.

What you're looking for is in the team.json of the possibly broken team. The values for "controller", "researchLevel" and "carfolder" are important here. Check if the AI/Player Team has been set in controller, and that the "carFolder" variable points to the correct car folder.
While doing this check for any values that are missing or empty.

If all this fails to get the start session button to work you can oipen the app up with a console to see the error log which can help me figure out the issue if it still exists.

To run it via a terminal. You can rightclick inside the folder and select "Open in terminal".
If that option does not show up for you. Open the folder where the app is located and press ALT+D. Then type in "cmd" and press enter. (Windows)

Afterwards type in:
java -jar "AC Formula Championship.jar"
and press enter.
See what the terminal says and paste it in a comment.

Hmm alright. You're right on both parts of the session conffiguration.
It sounds like there might be an issue with a team's save-data.
You can manually double check this, by going into you documents/home folder and check the save-files insde "Ac cardev save-data" in the corresponding profile/folder name.

What you're looking for is in the team.json of the possibly broken team. The values for "controller", "researchLevel" and "carfolder" are important here. Check if the AI/Player Team has been set in controller, and that the "carFolder" variable points to the correct car folder.
While doing this check for any values that are missing or empty.

If all this fails to get the start session button to work you can oipen the app up with a console to see the error log which can help me figure out the issue if it still exists.

To run it via a terminal. You can rightclick inside the folder and select "Open in terminal".
If that option does not show up for you. Open the folder where the app is located and press ALT+D. Then type in "cmd" and press enter. (Windows)

Afterwards type in:
java -jar "AC Formula Championship.jar"
and press enter.
See what the terminal says and paste it in a comment.
At the app start I get this error:

1676310956827.png

And this error when I press on "start session"

1676311014863.png

EDIT- Teams files are fine

Last edited:
At the app start I get this error:

And this error when I press on "start session"

EDIT- Teams files are fine
The first error is fine and should not bring problems.

The second error is the culprit. The app is trying to read the wing-angle on the team cars but can't find a valid angle. (Caused by the wing-angle being 0 by default, or the aero.ini is not readable)

I looked around myself a bit and found that not all modded cars handle the wing-angle in the same way. (App can ready RSS 2022 wing angle, but can't read the default wing-angle of the RSS 2022 s)

Which car are you using if I may ask?

The first error is fine and should not bring problems.

The second error is the culprit. The app is trying to read the wing-angle on the team cars but can't find a valid angle. (Caused by the wing-angle being 0 by default, or the aero.ini is not readable)

I looked around myself a bit and found that not all modded cars handle the wing-angle in the same way. (App can ready RSS 2022 wing angle, but can't read the default wing-angle of the RSS 2022 s)

Which car are you using if I may ask?
I'm using different cars from the pack Assetto Corsa Grand Prix 2022 (SDD)

devilsheaven503 updated AC: Formula Championship with a new update entry:

ALPHA-v0.2 RELEASE!

Hello drivers!
It is finally here: Alpha-v0.2!
Youtube Trailer
The app grew 3 times in size and it has fun creating this for you all! Everything has changed and most of the features have been reworked. This update is aimed at fixing some of the largest bugs that were withelding people from playing, and to aim to improve and simulate the experience of building your team and car over the season by adding team facilities which will let you create...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 51 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%