AC Modding Questions Thread

That's the tricky part. :redface:

It can be as simple as spring/ARB rates... damping can help if that's off. Could be a roll center issue, could be a geometry issue, could be a tire problem. Could be aero. The easy answer is "throw more tire" at it, that will cover up problems elsewhere, but if you're already at as much rear tire as GT3 allows that may not be the way forward.

Last edited:
guys, i need some help, im trying to take the extension config file from the rss fh21 with the rbr steering wheel to the VRC FA 22, but the wheel is too big, is the file ok?
1653942859482.png

Attachments

• how.png
    how.png
    638.7 KB · Views: 83
Probably a silly question and it's probably been answered a million times before, but does anyone know of a guide to make a track in blender using GIS stuff? LiDAR stuff makes my head hurt lmao. Thank you in advance, everyone!

Probably a silly question and it's probably been answered a million times before, but does anyone know of a guide to make a track in blender using GIS stuff? LiDAR stuff makes my head hurt lmao. Thank you in advance, everyone!

Have a quick Youtube search for Lilski's track making videos. That should get you started :)

Have a quick Youtube search for Lilski's track making videos. That should get you started :)
gotcha! Had a peep at it and its LiDAR stuff on 2.79... this is gonna be a looooong one! My only issue is that it seems to be U.S locations exclusively, and since I'm wanting to do tracks in the UK, it seems like a bit of a problem :(

gotcha! Had a peep at it and its LiDAR stuff on 2.79... this is gonna be a looooong one! My only issue is that it seems to be U.S locations exclusively, and since I'm wanting to do tracks in the UK, it seems like a bit of a problem :(
Also, the track I want to make doesn't have any datasets, so seems like I can't do it that way. If you're wondering, the track is Birmingham Wheels Go-Karting.

There's a variety of different sources of LIDAR data around, but, yeah. If there's not data available then, well... There's no data available :)
welp, that sucks. I'll probably go back to GIS-ville since I can't find any lidar stuff :( If you know of any guides that include GIS, feel free to tell me. Other than that, thank you for your help! I'll be back if I run into anymore problems!

Read carefully:

and

I peronally wouldn´t try making a track if there´s no lidar derivates or google photogrametry avaliable tho, but it´s not impossible if you have the skills and patience.

Edit: Is this your track?

Attachments

• birmingham.JPG
    birmingham.JPG
    511.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
To expand on this, and hopefully provide more details:

In my case (maybe it's because the car I'm making has a tiny fuel tank, IDK), but on a weekend format, for the race (assume a short race, let's say 10 laps), they put let's say 2.5l for the event

The thing is, the AI maybe burns 2l on those 10 laps, the issue is that when they have less than 1l they go straight onto the pits, no matter what.

This issue only happens on weekend format. On a race with no practice or qualifying, they'll do the calculations based on the fuel_cons.ini (value I have modified on purpose so the AI don't underfuel) and everything goes smoothly. As far as I can tell, the values in car.ini only affect the actual consumption, which is something I don't want to change

So yeah, my question is if there's something I can do to either:
-force the AI to always follow fuel_cons.ini, even on weekend events.
-Avoid the AI to pit when they only have 1L on the tank
Anyone has a solution to this?
Thanks in advanced

Read carefully:

and

I peronally wouldn´t try making a track if there´s no lidar derivates or google photogrametry avaliable tho, but it´s not impossible if you have the skills and patience.

Edit: Is this your track?
sorry for the late reply! That's the track I'm trying to create :)

sorry for the late reply! That's the track I'm trying to create :)
So Mitch pointed out there’s photogrammetry data, which is just as good as aerial lidar.

This will show you how to grab it and import into blender:

Pro tip, to maintain the highest LOD when navigating google 3D, use the zoom buttons in chrome/edge

I was going to hop into AC and do a few laps to take a break from work, and my track won't load. I haven't done any new export since I last ran it, and I hadn't updated CM or CSP since, either. The car I was using has been updated, but it works on another circuit so that's not it. From the logs, best I can gather is some issue with the AI spline... Which hasn't been changed in like.. 2 years (man I've been working on this track for a while...).

Would anyone here able to provide any insight?

Attachments

• log.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 128
  • custom_shaders_patch.log.txt
    22.8 KB · Views: 53
I was going to hop into AC and do a few laps to take a break from work, and my track won't load. I haven't done any new export since I last ran it, and I hadn't updated CM or CSP since, either. The car I was using has been updated, but it works on another circuit so that's not it. From the logs, best I can gather is some issue with the AI spline... Which hasn't been changed in like.. 2 years (man I've been working on this track for a while...).

Would anyone here able to provide any insight?
tried renaming the ai files (or removing them) and starting without? This would rule out AI spline issues

tried renaming the ai files (or removing them) and starting without? This would rule out AI spline issues

Not yet; but upon trying launch CM a few minutes ago it's now complaining that acs.exe isn't there... Verifying integrity of files brings up over 17000 files that couldn't be verified. Hopefully the drive isn't dying.

[EDIT] Ok, seems Avast was nuking my acs.exe (only because it was CTDing on load? I dunno, it updated today). I've uninstalled it and I'll grab a different program instead. Avast has been annoying lately anyways.

So, it seems it is something with the AI files. Deleting them solves the crash. Any idea why it'd suddenly cause an issue? I've had the same files for over 2 years with no issues. I even grabbed the backup files from my working folder and dropped them in instead, in case the ones in the track folder got corrupted, and they cause a crash, too. Nothing else changed, why would they result in a CTD now?

Last edited:
wonder if it auto-synced and changed your file location

I've got Steam, all of its games, and most of the programs on my computer installed on a secondary drive instead of the main drive. I do have FileStream installed for working directly on my google drive, but that's all separate from my games install drive, which is a physical drive.

Avast updated today, and I'm assuming the update made it over-eager, and when AC CTD'd loading it probably nuked it. A verification got it back, but after another CTD during loading the exe was gone again, and this time I couldn't download it again (Steam wasn't able to access the drive). Uninstalling Avast allowed Steam to download the files again, and since I've gone through a few more CTDs while testing things without losing the exe again.

So, in the end, Avast killed my AC, but for some reason my old ai lines that have worked perfectly for 2 years still cause the track to crash. Weird.

Ah well... I needed to make a new pit line anyways.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 139 34.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 238 58.9%