ACC on a weak computer

Share what you can do to improve FPS.

i5-4440, 8 Gb, RX-580
The settings are high. FPS is locked at 50.
Surprisingly, you can play.
15 cars. Falling FPS at the start to 35. The rest of the game FPS 45-50.

Interesting to hear about the ram, im running one stick of 16G DDR4 2666 mhz ram 1Rx8 (that last figure is quite important ive recently learnt. Ive been wondering if faster ram and also running dual would give me more FPS so may have to give it a try. As for more FPS graphics wise, I can offer this, hope it helps, my PC specs are in the discription:

Last edited:
Actually just realised I can't go any higher than 2666mhz on my mb, So I just wonder if running another stick of the same would improve performance, but I don't imagine ACC will benifit from 32G rather than 16, might help with the video editing software though

rx 580 is not bad gpu. I'm stuck on 3400G and ACC is unfortuantely unplayable. iRacing and AC work fine. Your weak point is cpu and I don't think you can do much to fix the fps as ACC is physics computation heavy

Last edited:
rx 580 is not bad gpu. I'm stuck on 3400G and ACC is unfortuantely unplayable. iRacing and AC work fine. Your weak point is cpu and I don't think you can do much to fix the fps as ACC is physics computation heavy
I thought 3400G was not a bad cpu? How are you having issues? Any way, just turn off shadows from engine.ini, turn off mirrors(use radar) and bloom quality off.

Intel 9700F 4.7Ghz CPU
Nvidia RTX2070 Super 8G GPU
16G DD4 2666 RAM
Gigabyte H310M S2H 2.0 MB

Sadly the H310 chipset has locked ram clocks. There's simply no bios setting to make the ram run faster than 2666 even if you'd buy 4000 mhz ram :(

Dual channel can make a big difference or might not make any difference at all.
It's pretty complicated but overall it seems to boost fps quite drastically:
https://www.techoxid.de/single-channel-vs-dual-channel/

It's in German but the names of the games and the fps numbers should be international :p

Sadly the H310 chipset has locked ram clocks. There's simply no bios setting to make the ram run faster than 2666 even if you'd buy 4000 mhz ram :(

Dual channel can make a big difference or might not make any difference at all.
It's pretty complicated but overall it seems to boost fps quite drastically:
https://www.techoxid.de/single-channel-vs-dual-channel/

It's in German but the names of the games and the fps numbers should be international :p
Wow! Thats quite a difference, im shocked! Hmm, ok im seriously thinking of getting another stick now!

Wow! Thats quite a difference, im shocked! Hmm, ok im seriously thinking of getting another stick now!
Yeah in theory dual channel means doubled ram speeds. The cpu memory controller can access both sticks in parallel.

But if you have an application that isn't ram dependant at all, it won't make any difference.
However most games, when running into the cpu bottleneck, definitely gain something with faster ram. Especially since ddr4 and the 8xxx series!

ACC got faster?
I5-4440, RX 580, 8 Gb RAM
I haven't played since the patch when FSR and DLSS were introduced.
Recently launched the game (without FSR).
It seems to me or the game has become faster for everyone on weak computers?

It might be not to everyone's taste and should be last resort but if your PC has trouble keeping stable 60 fps then you can try limiting to 30 and enabling motion blur. Stable 30 fps is actually quite good in ACC unlike many other titles. It's kinda like in console games. The motion blur does a great job making the framerate less jarring and I've noticed that after a while I get used to it and don't notice it much. This might give you some disadvantage competitively but if you're more of an offline player like me then it's worth a try.

I can keep 60fps somewhat well most of the time with a mixture of high and epic preset with 20-something AIs but with 30fps I can actually crank the settings pretty much as high as they can go on 1080p and still have stable fps. Kinda like a quality setting on console. It's fun to use from time to time.

My PC has 1660ti, I5 9400f and 16gb of RAM. Unfortunately my CPU can't handle much more AI cars than 30, if I add too many I get massive stuttering no matter what settings I use which isn't surprising on my i5.

Also, if you're testing FPS, definitely test it on Spa and Nurburgring, I noticed those are the most difficult to run. I might get stable 60 on other tracks but then get drops on those.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 323 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 202 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 220 47.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 93 20.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 125 26.9%
Back