ACC Release Tomorrow... Who's Excited Then?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Launch Tomorrow.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione finally hits version one release tomorrow after a long and often exciting early access programme - who's excited?

Yes, finally that day is almost upon us when Kunos Simulazioni push the big green button and deploy the full 'V1' build of Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam. Featuring the cars, teams and drivers of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series in all their glory, sim racers have been waiting with baited breath for this day to arrive - and its nearly here!

With a few new tracks in the form of Spa, Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Barcelona joining the title, and a wave of new cars too numerous to mention, what combination will you be taking out onto the circuit first?

ACC Launch tomorrow 2.jpg

Share your excitement about release day with the community in the comments section below!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

this is nice: "Tyre sets implemented. There is a limited number of slick tyre sets available for race weekends (which can also be set to unlimited.)
When enabled, make sure you keep an eye on tyre sets and their wear in the Setup/Strategy page.
ACC assigns the following number of tyre sets for each different race type:
Sprint race weekend: 5 sets
Endurance 3 hours race weekend: 6 sets
Endurance 6 hours race weekend: 9 sets
Endurance 24 hours race weekend: no limit.
There is also no limit for wet tyre sets."

i5-6600k , 1060 graphics card 12gb ram...i know it's below but scaling it down on graphics settings i can't get much

As mentioned by others, it should run fairly OK with your setup. I was able to run at more or less 60 fps even with around 10 AI cars on worse setup than yours during the early access, at least in clear weather during the day. With a sensible graphics settings, your most limiting factor will be the CPU, so since it is a k model, you might want to overclock it a bit. I will try to find the settings I was using before the upgrade.

and this: " Added Save Game functon - initial implementation allows one game session to be saved and loaded. Save feature is limited to Single Player race weekend modes. Multiple save option and save during career/championship sessions to be added later." means that even your average player will be able to play a full 24h spa event in little bits and pieces (not that i ever will)

So driver swaps implemented in multiplayer races! :D
Anyone know how this works?

I saw a post about it yesterday in one of these threads, I'll see if I can find it. Basically you have a bunch of extra spots on the server for extra drivers and assign people to teams. Then when you set your pit strategy you can assign stints to different people on the team. Once that is done it automatically switches over control to the other driver when you make your pit stop.

Guys,

The option to help with triple screen is locked here for me, I cant change. Any Idea??

From Offical FAQ.
Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione offer triple monitor support?

A: Assetto Corsa Competizione runs on triple screen setups as a single render scene, that is split over three displays. The game features a special projection correction that reduces the lateral distortion that might affect ultrawide screens and triple monitor setups. (It’s called Pannini Projection in honor of the ITALIAN painter who invented it in the 18th century – because Italians do it better). This feature can be set in-game in the “view settings” option. We appreciate that some users are requesting three separate renderings in order to tune bezel values and screen angles.

As mentioned by others, it should run fairly OK with your setup. I was able to run at more or less 60 fps even with around 10 AI cars on worse setup than yours during the early access, at least in clear weather during the day. With a sensible graphics settings, your most limiting factor will be the CPU, so since it is a k model, you might want to overclock it a bit. I will try to find the settings I was using before the upgrade.
I'm always scared to overclock my cpu!

"Rubbered wet line update. Rubbered wet line can be VERY slippery until cleaned by heavy rain."

Saw this line, happy. But I am quite ill right now. Hopefully to get better sooner, before simracers complain and feature gets in danger.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%