ACC Release Tomorrow... Who's Excited Then?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Launch Tomorrow.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione finally hits version one release tomorrow after a long and often exciting early access programme - who's excited?

Yes, finally that day is almost upon us when Kunos Simulazioni push the big green button and deploy the full 'V1' build of Assetto Corsa Competizione on Steam. Featuring the cars, teams and drivers of the 2018 Blancpain GT Series in all their glory, sim racers have been waiting with baited breath for this day to arrive - and its nearly here!

With a few new tracks in the form of Spa, Brands Hatch, Silverstone and Barcelona joining the title, and a wave of new cars too numerous to mention, what combination will you be taking out onto the circuit first?

ACC Launch tomorrow 2.jpg

Share your excitement about release day with the community in the comments section below!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

First few laps on Silverstone in the Bently with the Hotlap challenge:

+++ Oh wow the steering feel and feedback, it's just incredibly tactile on the TX458 wheel, as intuitive as a real car on track at Silverstone. No higher praise I can give than that, just fabulous.

--- Oculus VR now looks awful, a real step backwards and I think they'll get quite a few comments about this. i ran the previous build earlier today and all was fine. The leaderboards loading in heavily impacted VR performance, the screen started flickering and jumping, and only a restart of the event solved this. The leaderboards may not be working at the moment though so this might also be the reason VR performance returned on restart.

? The leaderboards for the Hotlap event loaded in after a few laps and appeared to be working, now they've disappeared again. Not desperately or unexpected important but noticeable.

Not even going to try unless proper triple screen support is there. I bought it day one, believing that Kunos had made the ultimate sim, but the poor engine choice seemingly has f..cked that up...
I have put (apparently) 9 hrs...probably not only driving time was taking into account, because I feel nausea coming up after 10-15 minutes at most, which is mostly the same (for me) time I can use VR.
And Kunos does not seem to care, because triples - to them - is mostly a niche thing.

So, I'll stick to Ilja's (and Co) optimised AC and other triple screen supporting sims.
Shelved ACC until (if ever) triple support (without the use of a super computer) arrives.
If not, I regard my early access as a donation to Kunos to produce a 'decent' successor...
Just my (and I am' pretty sure a lot of other guys) 2 cts.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%