ACC Results Companion

Misc ACC Results Companion 1.24.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Doug,

thanks for the updates in the past. The overall laptime works fine now =)

I just did a MP race and export the result to json.
I´m wondering why every player has ""positionStartLap": 0," in first round.
Normaly I can fetch the starting grid position in round one out of this (positionStartLap).
In SP that works fine.

Can you have a look on this ?

Greetings
Can you export the diagnostics - instructions here

The lap 1 start position is taken from the ACC broadcast interface when it notifies cars crossing the line.

You'll see a message in the log looking something like

Code:
Car {carUpdate.CarIndex} crossed start line at {SessionStartTime.ToString(Constants.DATE_FORMAT)} - Old spline = {vm.SplinePosition} new spline = {carUpdate.SplinePosition}

It could be that the broadcast interface was playing up at the start

Can you export the diagnostics - instructions here

The lap 1 start position is taken from the ACC broadcast interface when it notifies cars crossing the line.

You'll see a message in the log looking something like

Code:
Car {carUpdate.CarIndex} crossed start line at {SessionStartTime.ToString(Constants.DATE_FORMAT)} - Old spline = {vm.SplinePosition} new spline = {carUpdate.SplinePosition}

It could be that the broadcast interface was playing up at the start
I uploaded the diagnostic report (zsi6gGYg2V0TlOrRIEaoJ1C6J6mVcjszRIN3sN5rSg4)

Last edited:
It just looks like the car update messages weren't being received from ACC initially - I can't see a cause for this though. I'll see if I can reproduce this to understand if anything can be done to resolve it
Hi, I just did three other MP races. There the "positionStartLap" field was correctly filled out. So it seems that this is not an general issue. Maybe those messages just lost in space ;)

Hi, I just did three other MP races. There the "positionStartLap" field was correctly filled out. So it seems that this is not an general issue. Maybe those messages just lost in space ;)
I think that is probably the case. I've seen the broadcast interface be flaky sometimes (losing connections, refusing connections) but it was never clear if this was an ACC problem, a system resources issue or an ARC problem

Hey Doug,
I recently installed ACC on my new PC, and also did a fresh install of ACCRC on there. Now it isn't picking up my sessions at all, and I get the popup windows asking me to configure the broadcast interface on every startup. Maybe it is important to know that I had my ACC folder in \Documents backed up and copied it over to the new PC so as not to lose my setups, replays etc.
ACCRC tells me it doesn't have write access to the broadcasting.json, even though it's there and all the settings are set to the default.
The log gives me the message
[0000000A-007|012] 2022-01-01 15:06:13 WARNING FileUtils.OpenBroadcastConnectionDetails : broadcasting.json file does not exist - results gathering will not be available

before I even load up ACC and start a session.

Hey Doug,
I recently installed ACC on my new PC, and also did a fresh install of ACCRC on there. Now it isn't picking up my sessions at all, and I get the popup windows asking me to configure the broadcast interface on every startup. Maybe it is important to know that I had my ACC folder in \Documents backed up and copied it over to the new PC so as not to lose my setups, replays etc.
ACCRC tells me it doesn't have write access to the broadcasting.json, even though it's there and all the settings are set to the default.
The log gives me the message
[0000000A-007|012] 2022-01-01 15:06:13 WARNING FileUtils.OpenBroadcastConnectionDetails : broadcasting.json file does not exist - results gathering will not be available

before I even load up ACC and start a session.
ARC might be remembering the ACC data folder from it's original location, if it has been moved
1641067643444.png

Check the ACC Data Folder location in the settings page is correct. If not, point to the correct location (normally <Documents>\Assetto Corsa Competizione).

If the location is correct, check ARC has access to view it.
1641067778769.png

Click the button highlighted above and it will attempt to open the ACC folder. If this fails, you may need to set security on the folder so ARC can view it. If the folder is on OneDrive, ensure that files are always downloaded (I can't remember exactly how OneDrive calls these) - if set to download on demand only you can get some weird access errors

HI Doug. Today I setup Racelab apps to work with ACC. For Racelabapps to work broadcast is set to 9001 and that "asd" password is deleted. Now Companion dosn't log times. Is there a way to setup broadcast so both apps can work?

HI Doug. Today I setup Racelab apps to work with ACC. For Racelabapps to work broadcast is set to 9001 and that "asd" password is deleted. Now Companion dosn't log times. Is there a way to setup broadcast so both apps can work?
Hi,
ARC just reads ACC's broadcast setup so shouldn't really care what it is set to. However, I do know Crew Chief insists on certain settings (Port 9000, pw="asd"), so I tend to recommend sticking with thesde

You can configure racelabs here (although TBH I haven't tested this works yet)

1641939047818.png

Last edited:
Hi,
ARC just reads ACC's broadcast setup so shouldn't really care what it is set to. However, I do know Crew Chief insists on certain settings (Port 9000, pw="asd"), so I tend to recommend sticking with thesde

You can configure racelabs here (although TBH I haven't tested this works yet)

View attachment 532030
Tnx for answer after restart of all apps and com Companion was logging again my sessions so everything is ok...

Doug Duthie updated ACC Results Companion with a new update entry:

ACC Results Companion V1.14.0

• Move to .NET Framework 4.8
  • Switch app to 64 bit executable
  • 2021 tracks made defaults for everything except GT3 cars with DHD2 tyres
  • Reworked widgets
    • Now all common look/feel
    • Customise foreground/background colours and fonts
  • Shared memory widget
  • Lap times widget
    • Current/Last/Best in session/Fastest in session/Personal Best/Average
  • BUGFIX: Broadcast sessions not being closed correctly - possible resource leak
  • BUGFIX: Tab...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ACC Results Companion 1.14.0 Released (here)

Infrastructure updates​

The app is now updated to .NET framework 4.8 and some of the included packages (SQLite particularly have been updated to the latest version). Due to problems getting some things working now with 32 bit, the app will now only be 64 bit. I’m assuming that no-one still runs 32 bit Windows. If you do however, you should stick to v1.13.x but there won’t be any further updates to the 32 bit install.

Overlays​

Overlays have been changed to be more consistent

Overlays can be used to display a results summary at the end of a session, or in session fuel etc..
1642337861561.png

Note: Overlays are only designed to work if ACC is NOT running in full screen mode (see below). If you cannot, or do not want to run ACC with fullscreen disabled, then overlays will not work properly or may cause ACC to flash, so you should not use this feature.

Appearance​

The appearance of all widgets can be customised using the Appearance button.

1642337891909.png

A dialog is shown allowing you to customise the font, colour and background. A test label is also shown with these applied settings. In addition, a test widget is displayed with your current settings
1642337904892.png

When you change the font, colour and background, the test widget will be updated so you can see how this looks

Note, some colours may always be fixed (generally applies to value fields such as times and fuel levels where the colour will indicate the status).

Note, the background can be transparent. However, how effective this is, depends on the contrast of the screen background so use this with caution.

Lap Times Overlay​

This can be shown by selecting the Show Laps Widget in settings.

1642337935073.png

The columns are as follows:-
  • Lap type
  • Race number of car the time is for (#nn). For Record this may be another player's car
  • Lap number the lap is from
  • Lap time
  • Sector 1, 2 and 3

Type typeDescription
PBPersonal best - best time recorded from previous sessions
RecordThe fastest lap for any car in this session
AverageThe average lap for the player in this session (not including in/out laps or race lap 1). Note that this includes invalid laps.
BestThe best valid lap for the player in this session
LastThe last completed lap for the player. For race lap 1, ARC attempts to correct the first sector time as ACC reports sector 1 as an arbitrary time. This won't always be successful if ACC doesn't supply all sector information
CurrentThe player’s current lap. This is updated when sectors are completed. As such, it will only ever display the first two sectors (when sector 3 is complete, this will be moved to last lap)

Timing Colors​

The timing colours are driven from the Lap/Sector colour configuration on the settings page. Therefore, if the settings are as follows, the timing widget will be displayed accordingly.

For current/last laps, the following colours are used:-

• Slower - slower than player's previous fastest
  • Faster - Faster than player's previous fastest
  • Sector Max - Fastest player sector and faster than the sector for the record lap (note this isn't necessarily the fastest across all players - only the fastest overall is relayed at this point)
  • Record Lap - Player is the fastest in the session
  • Invalid lap - Player went beyond track limits at least once on the lap
For Best laps, the following colours are used:-
  • Slower - The sector is slower than player's fastest
  • Faster - The lap/sector time is the player's fastest
  • Sector Max - The sector is the player's fastest and the fastest overall
  • Record Lap - The laptime is the fastest overall

Selecting Times​

You can select which times are displayed by right clicking on the widget - note at least one must be selected

Fuel Overlay​

The widget has been updated to switch to actual consumption after enough information is available in the session.

RowComments
FuelCurrent fuel load in litres
Req'dNumber of litres required to complete session (taking into account spare laps defined on the fuel page)
LapsEstimated number of laps possible with the current fuel load
TimeEstimated time remaining in minutes with the current fuel load. Initially, this will use the average lap time calculated from previous sessions. After a couple of laps, this will switch over to using the average lap time for this session
  • Green – Based on historical data
  • White – Based on current fuel consumption/lap times
L/LapHistorical fuel consumption in Litres per lap.
Red if no consumption figures available
Green if consumption figures available from historical data
Cyan if manual override selected on the fuel page
White when at least one lap has been run to get the current fuel consumption. This will only give the fuel consumption of the last lap so should give an idea of consumption and range when changing ECU modes

Shared Memory Widget​

This is really just a development tool, but if you are interested in interrogating ACC shared memory (and broadcast settings) in a session, then this might be useful.

This is activated using the Show SHM Widget in settings.

To add fields, right click and add fields required.

1642338289740.png

The fields are organised into the shared memory regions and also the broadcast flags. See the relevant ACC documentation for descriptions of the fields.

1642338309323.png

Note, where the field is an array, only up to 5 values are shown, just so everything fits on the screen.

Default Tracks​

2021 tracks are now the default for everything except GT3 cars using DHD2 tyres

Bugfixes​

• Tab headers make a return – I managed to break these in a recent update
  • Broadcast sessions weren’t being fully closed properly. This may have caused problems which a resource leak…possibly preventing new ACC connections if ARC was left running for a long period

Attachments

• 1642337971091.png
    1642337971091.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 1642338016899.png
    1642338016899.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 1642338030400.png
    1642338030400.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 1642338040296.png
    1642338040296.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 45
There seems to be some issues with text labels and colours still.
I'm using window blinds to theme my desktop which may explain it. But anyway most programs take that into account or work correctly anyway. Although this time the colours stay the same even if I exclude AAC RC.
Anyway thank you for this program very useful.

Attachments

• 2022-01-17 08_51_17-Window.png
    2022-01-17 08_51_17-Window.png
    12 KB · Views: 46
There seems to be some issues with text labels and colours still.
I'm using window blinds to theme my desktop which may explain it. But anyway most programs take that into account or work correctly anyway. Although this time the colours stay the same even if I exclude AAC RC.
Anyway thank you for this program very useful.
Rightly or wrongly, I wrote ARC as a WinForms application. I always meant to convert it to WPF but form took a back seat to function. Anyway, WinForms don't really work too well with themes (at best they ignore them, at worst they look awful). I generally use ActiveCaptionText for text and Control for backgrounds.

Having said that, even on Win11 dark theme, ARC still looks fine (ie ignores the theme with black text on grey background). Playing around with the legacy colour settings (in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors or https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel if you don't like playing with the registry), the text is CaptionText and the background is ButtonFace. There I can change text and backgrounds colours (note some controls just don't support changing colour - I'm looking at you TabControl).

Now, I've no idea how WindowsBlinds works so don't know how it is trying to skin stuff. It might be worth going to their support to check why ARC isn't being excluded. It might also be worth trying the above classic color panel to check how the default control colours look

Playing around with the legacy colour settings (in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors or https://www.wintools.info/index.php/classic-color-panel if you don't like playing with the registry), the text is CaptionText and the background is ButtonFace. There I can change text and backgrounds colours (note some controls just don't support changing colour - I'm looking at you TabControl).

Now, I've no idea how WindowsBlinds works so don't know how it is trying to skin stuff. It might be worth going to their support to check why ARC isn't being excluded. It might also be worth trying the above classic color panel to check how the default control colours look

I ended up changing all the light colours to be darker, probably I broke some other program but that's a problem for later :) Thanks for the color panel program link.
Window blinds works like magic, has been in development over 10 years I think, but it can't do miracles every time :) I have excluded maybe 15 different programs either fully or I just skin title bar or so.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%