(ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface

Apps (ACTI) Assetto Corsa Telemetry Interface 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
No sir sorry..but if I see anything I'll let you know.
haha, thanks, but i fix it already, first delete the Special symbol of the player name, change the ascii_to_motec.exe to the compatible mode then reboot my computer, and it works!But I still don't know which reason cause this, maybe the special symbol.

Last edited:
There aren't streeing angle and the track data when I use the Circuit Workspace, but the sample file of the MoTeC can show these data, anybody finds this bug, and how to fix it?
1618209294627.png

1618209378530.png

Last edited:
proper suggestion:
replace steerED angle with steerING angle channel.
you should also play with the scale properties, to make the animation match your input.
im using the steering lock of the car and it works for me. it might not work for most people as my wheel is just 190 degree one.
in case you are interested in some other steer angle(front wheels?), not related to the steering wheel image, read the following few comments by the revered papa, they might be correct.

old suggestion:
tools > channel alias editor...

the names of the variables do not match. match them, to what is available.
acti outputs "steerING angle" and i2 is looking for "steerED angle".

Last edited:
They're two different things... Steered angle is the angle at the road wheels, steering angle is the angle at the steering wheel. You should set up a math channel for steered angle that divides steering angle by the steering ratio. And then the graphic wheel can be right clicked -> properties -> change the channel to steering angle and the min/max to -90 and 90.

I always wondered why they were different. Now I'm wondering how mine is set lol hmmm..might have to fix that.

I see it now seems acti base doesn't have a graph unless I missed it and seems steered is not available only steering angle. What's all that jazz under tires like torques and loads first time opening this..it's mind bending.

Ugh I see it it's a time distance graph sorry was looking for a wheel damn I better bounce lol

Last edited:
i dont think i can agree with that.
steerED angle is depicted by an image of a steering wheel. how can this be depicting the wheels?
acti outputs values like 200 degrees. how can that be the angle of the wheels?
I work with real race car data all the time; what I said is correct. All of the math channels in Motec (oversteer, etc.) are designed to use the angle of the road wheels, i.e. steered angle. It's also why the default min/max of the visual steering wheel is -10,10 instead of -90,90 (it should always be -90,90 when using steering angle, and will vary if using steered angle).

ACTI outputs steering angle not steered angle, so you have to create the latter via a math channel (for AC, you can also average the left and right toe and it'll give you the angle instead of using the steering channel and steering ratio for it).

so i just did a test to prove myself right.
i run the gt40. game data: STEER_LOCK=450 ; Real car's steer lock from center to right.
i turn the wheel all the way to left or right and the "steerING angle" of acti shows 450.

your theory might be true(ive never heard of it. im not and engineer), papa, but your practical application is definitely wrong.
ACTI's "Steering Angle" variable represents car steering wheel's steered angle.

in this case, setting a scale for the gauge -450,450, should work correctly, to represent you physical input from your wheel. and if your in-game settings are made to match your physical input, of course(actualy this might be irrelevant:geek:).

Last edited:
so i just did a test to prove myself right.
i run the gt40. game data: STEER_LOCK=450 ; Real car's steer lock from center to right.
i turn the wheel all the way to left or right and the "steerING angle" of acti shows 450.

your theory might be true(ive never heard of it. im not and engineer), papa, but your practical application is definitely wrong.
ACTI's "Steering Angle" variable represents car steering wheel's steered angle.

in this case, setting a scale for the gauge -450,450, should work correctly, to represent you physical input from your wheel. and if your in-game settings are made to match your physical input, of course(actualy this might be irrelevant:geek:).
I think you just didn't understand my initial post, I promise you I'm not wrong :D It's a matter of road wheel angle vs steering wheel angle. "Steering Angle" reports steering wheel angle. "Steered Angle" is road wheel angle. You have to write a math channel for the latter for AC data. The math channels in Motec are set up by default to use Steered Angle as it's the important one as far as vehicle dynamics are concerned.

The graphic display can be set to use either , and -90, 90 are always the correct numbers (independent of the lock) when using the Steering Angle channel. The reason the scaling is there at all is because Steered Angle != Steering Angle.

Point is, you should not use an alias for the two channels. It needs to be a math channel.

There aren't streeing angle and the track data when I use the Circuit Workspace, but the sample file of the MoTeC can show these data, anybody finds this bug, and how to fix it?
View attachment 464223
View attachment 464224
first click the Steered Angle, make it be selected, then click the channel bar on the left side, search "angle", find the Steering Angle then click it, then orange steering wheel‘ll turn

Attachments

• 1618451112857.png
    1618451112857.png
    264.8 KB · Views: 100
what i did not understand is why you keep pushing steered angle on a person who wants the picture of the steering wheel to rotate
I’m not. I was correcting your incorrect solution to his problem of setting up an alias channel. I already provided the correct solution to both things (steered angle channel and steering angle graphics display), don’t see where the confusion lies...

@linax3 he's been using motec in real world applications and now I got the name and know he's been doing this well over two decades this I know. I wouldn't check his work I'd just say thank you and be glad you're getting tips from one of the best here. If someone offers you support and you feel it's incorrect we don't call them out for trying to help buddy.

A wheel can depict anything doesn't mean it's correct. Acti doesn't put out it's AC or ACC here that outputs data and motec interprets the data but the user has to input math and other variables to give it value. You're using someones workbook that was made to help, cutting out a lot of work but not all. Over time you'll be using your own sheets and workbooks but you'll need the help from others. I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
... I already provided the correct solution to both things (steered angle channel and steering angle graphics display), ...
i have tried to see what your solution does and it does not work, for what was requested.
so you can keep repeating it as much as you want. im done on this steer topic, after propering my initial suggestion, due the many protests you have done against it.

It does take an edumacation tho which I do not have. I had to work in the fields so it is a little like socket rience to me. You have a better grasp on it than I and seem to enjoy the problem solving so I hope I can turn to you for assistance if and when I need it. But only if you can tell me the formula for finding ride height and which channel to use. I look forward to your answer..it's time for my afternoon beer g'eye might!! (;

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 255 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 205 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 142 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.1%
  • At a friends house