Adam's Sol Enhanced | Realism Filter for Sol 2.0

Misc Adam's Sol Enhanced | Realism Filter for Sol 2.0 4.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello mate :), just has a try of your latest version, still absolutely stunning. Only thing I would say the day time in clear around 2:00pm I’d say it’s abit to bright, i have gone with your 1.2 version as for me gives the best balance! Thanks so much for this! It’s still the best filter!

216DDB89-7612-4475-91E9-0002884A8BE0.jpeg

this is one of the many of images I have got with your filter! And this is the 1.0 version I believe! Just stunning!

I know exactly what you mean. That mid day couple hours between 11 30 and 14 00 are quite bright and some people wont like it but with other weathers where clouds are present, it looks so much better than 1.2 for me. So for me it is worth it, just put any of the other weather settings on and you should find it looks better than 1.2. If, carry on and feel free to use 1.2 :)

I will be updating again tonight or tomorrow to improve this brightness issue so hopefully that will be better for you.

Thanks for the feedback Wayne. I appreciate it

Love your work it looks fantastic cant wait to try it out.
But there are now so many updates, and to start a fresh install I need some help, can you instruct me.
Thank You

Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.0 34MB
Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.2 9KB
Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.3 7KB
Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.3b 7KB
Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.3c 7KB

I know exactly what you mean. That mid day couple hours between 11 30 and 14 00 are quite bright and some people wont like it but with other weathers where clouds are present, it looks so much better than 1.2 for me. So for me it is worth it, just put any of the other weather settings on and you should find it looks better than 1.2. If, carry on and feel free to use 1.2 :)

I will be updating again tonight or tomorrow to improve this brightness issue so hopefully that will be better for you.

great stuff mate. i forgot to mentiom that the evening and night settings are epic on 1.3 but can't wait for the next one which i will sure check out :) cheers.

Love your work it looks fantastic cant wait to try it out.
But there are now so many updates, and to start a fresh install I need some help, can you instruct me.
Thank You

Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.0 34MB
Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.2 9KB
Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.3 7KB
Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.3b 7KB
Adam's Sol Enhanced 1.3c 7KB
hey mate, you dont need to update it you dont want to. I am just fixing things here and there from feedback, but if you like it already then that is fine

If you do want to update then:
- remove my PPfilter called "Adams_Sol_Enhanced" in the ppfilters folder
- then in the same folder there is a folder called "Sol custom configs", remove my lua file in there that has the same name as the ppfilter file
- go in game, open the sol config and go to the last page and click reset to default
- then just drop my latest mod into content manager and it will install automatically. then with every update you can just drop it in again and it does it for you.

Hope this helps

Hello mate :), just has a try of your latest version, still absolutely stunning. Only thing I would say the day time in clear around 2:00pm I’d say it’s abit to bright, i have gone with your 1.2 version as for me gives the best balance! Thanks so much for this! It’s still the best filter!
you will be glad to know i have updated the mod to fix what you have described. Would you mind joining the discord and i can send it to you privately to test before i release?

Hey guys,

So thanks for the mid day brightness feedback. I have been working all day to improve this. Anyone that would like the current version with the day time changes, to test and report back, id appreciate the extra voices before releasing to public.

I also want to release less of the small updates, and only update when it is worth it on a larger scale. So I can update specifically for individuals and then you can receive it early, saving me needing to do many little updates that not everyone needs.

Anyone who would like the updated version fixing day time brightness on clear weather, feel free to join my discord and message me how ever you would prefer, and i will send it over to you.

Thanks again
Adam

iG_ADVM updated Adam's Sol Enhanced with a new update entry:

Update Schedule

Hey guys,

Thank you for all the feedback, especially the mid day brightness in the current test builds up to 2.0. I have been working all day to improve this. Anyone that would like the current version with the day time changes, to test and report back, id appreciate the extra voices before releasing to public.

For the future, I also want to release less of the small updates, and only update when it is worth it on a larger scale. So I can update specifically for individuals and then you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

you will be glad to know i have updated the mod to fix what you have described. Would you mind joining the discord and i can send it to you privately to test before i release?
Hello mate. I won’t be back on till at least after work 2mo I would love to have tried it out but I’m sure once you release I will hit you with feedback straight away :D I’ve also suggested to SimRacing604 who’s on YouTube to try this out and he’s gonna take a look :)

Hello mate. I won’t be back on till at least after work 2mo I would love to have tried it out but I’m sure once you release I will hit you with feedback straight away :D I’ve also suggested to SimRacing604 who’s on YouTube to try this out and he’s gonna take a look :)
wo wo wo hold on a minute :O do you know SR604?

iG_ADVM updated Adam's Sol Enhanced with a new update entry:

Lighting Overhaul and Brightness Fix

Changes in 2.0

Decrease for Sun brightness and bloom
Decrease for Sky brightness and haze
Increase for contrast
Colour correction for perfect white snow (usually it has a blue tint)
Removed Ghost Flare
Increased visual clarity in dark shadowed areas

1.2 has been a real success and I have left that one untouched and completed and in the "History" tab, you can find it if you want to stick with that one.

With the feedback from 1.3a-c I am happy to release 2.0.It is a completely different...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I agree, version 1.2 works best for me as well.
Well I have just uploaded the new 2.0 and I have included a comparison between the 2 mods. They are both made in very different ways. But I hope now people will see the final result for the newer mod and how it can stand up to 2.0.

In the end people now have 2 choices and that is even better for me because I understand much deeper what is possible and I can use this all in the future.

Not sure what might be wrong, but on a supposed clear day, the sky is fully grey, colors are off, I get this weird ghosting tail lights in front of the car and with all this, FPS is even more harder hit than A3PP. clearly, something is off...

Not sure what might be wrong, but on a supposed clear day, the sky is fully grey, colors are off, I get this weird ghosting tail lights in front of the car and with all this, FPS is even more harder hit than A3PP. clearly, something is off...
Try and older version mate. I’ve not tired lastest yet. But 1.2 was a pretty good balance. I don’t get the performence issue as IMO it’s the best for that :). But give 1.2 a shot and see if the same issues persist :)

At first I was iffy on the filter because everything rendered too brown on my system. Everything else about it was great.

before.jpg

Then I loaded my LUT file into the filter and I got a winner:

after.jpg

Maybe needs a brightness adjustment in the Sol_Config app, but much better color to the grass and trees for my tastes.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%