Adam's Sol Enhanced | Realism Filter for Sol 2.0

Misc Adam's Sol Enhanced | Realism Filter for Sol 2.0 4.0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Had to come back and make another post because this filter is ridiculously good. Just tried different seasons and times of day on a couple of tracks and WOW is all that comes to mind. Such great lighting and ambiance this filter gives to the tracks I tried. I really can't find anything about it that I would suggest needs improved. Great job on this one.

iG_ADVM, you are doing an awesome job! I think you are heading in the right direction with 2.0. After looking at the comparison shots you posted, in my eyes, the glare of the sun and the color of the sky, grass, racetrack and the blue and white crash barrier look much more realistic. The colors of 1.2 look slightly more "cartoony" in comparison. However, I prefer the screenshot of the night with the fireworks of 1.2 as it's brighter, which to me is more convincing as if the moonlight and the fireworks are illuminating the features of the world. Another subjective point that I would like to make is that in the video showcasing the timelapse, I see that there is a "haze" around the amber light on the steering wheel even during the day time. I think it would be more realistic to reduce/remove the haze during the day time and keep the haze at night. I have no knowledge of modding ppfilters and I don't know if making changes to that would negatively affect the look of headlights during different times of the day. Those are just my humble feedback. Anyhow, keep up the good work!

Try and older version mate. I’ve not tired lastest yet. But 1.2 was a pretty good balance. I don’t get the performence issue as IMO it’s the best for that :). But give 1.2 a shot and see if the same issues persist :)
The ghosting tail lights is a setting in Content Manager > Custom Shaders Patch > Particles FX > Then at the bottom there is a setting called "Traces from brake lights". Sounds like that is turned on, but my mod can not do that because it does not edit your video settings.

There also should not be a performance affect at all as I have not turned on or increased any performance related settings. If anything you should see a performance increased from my mod removing auto exposure, ghost flare, animorphic flare, chromatic abberation and reducing sun bloom.

Try removing my mod. "Reset to Default" your sol config, in game and then reinstall the mod. Or try 1.2 like Wayne suggested.

Let me know if I can help more

Had to come back and make another post because this filter is ridiculously good. Just tried different seasons and times of day on a couple of tracks and WOW is all that comes to mind. Such great lighting and ambiance this filter gives to the tracks I tried. I really can't find anything about it that I would suggest needs improved. Great job on this one.
Joe bro don't make me blush :D

Really appreciate that mate. Thank you. That kind of review would have been even better in your actual review :p I am glad you enjoy it.

iG_ADVM, you are doing an awesome job! I think you are heading in the right direction with 2.0. After looking at the comparison shots you posted, in my eyes, the glare of the sun and the color of the sky, grass, racetrack and the blue and white crash barrier look much more realistic. The colors of 1.2 look slightly more "cartoony" in comparison. However, I prefer the screenshot of the night with the fireworks of 1.2 as it's brighter, which to me is more convincing as if the moonlight and the fireworks are illuminating the features of the world. Another subjective point that I would like to make is that in the video showcasing the timelapse, I see that there is a "haze" around the amber light on the steering wheel even during the day time. I think it would be more realistic to reduce/remove the haze during the day time and keep the haze at night. I have no knowledge of modding ppfilters and I don't know if making changes to that would negatively affect the look of headlights during different times of the day. Those are just my humble feedback. Anyhow, keep up the good work!
Thank you Amboe,

Yes the night is darker in the screen shots but that is due to the clouds having a higher opacity, which blocks the moon light. This means in the day the clouds stand out a bit more and reflect the "white" onto the world which stops too much yellow and blue from the sun tinting the colours, which in turn would reduce the realism and balance across the colour spectrum.

Like you said, night time brightness is subjective and different around the world. I live in UK on a busy road and there for my sky at night is dark and polluted with light. If you want to contact me on discord I can quickly show you how to change my mod so the night light can be just right for you.

Thanks again bro

Joe bro don't make me blush :D

Really appreciate that mate. Thank you. That kind of review would have been even better in your actual review :p I am glad you enjoy it.

I was going to leave it there, but I tend to ramble and didn't want to make long review. Hope you don't mind that I tweaked it a bit with my own color grading file. I'm still tinkering with it right now trying to get just a shade more color pop on my monitor. It's looking great with whatever you did with the lighting and such. Light years better than what I came up with on my own with the filter I was trying to create.

Hello mate. I’ve tried your latest version. To me the 1.2 has the best all round IMO through evening morning and night :D, don’t get me wrong 2.0 Is fine but it’s still not to taste for me like 1.2 the only thing I think could be changed in 1.2 would be the slight glare! :) thanks again so much for this filter it’s outstanding
A3C64B1E-7FB4-44D3-B476-247EAA46392E.jpeg

I have installed version-2 and it's working fine, I set the exposure to between 45% to 60% depending on track. I really like the way the contrast changes with intensity of the sun light from soft with overcast to high contrast with direct bright sun light. I tested this at around midday with scattered cloud and mid July. The tracks tested on were Highlands, I have driven hundreds of miles around the Highlands in real life and it conveyed the changing light conditions superbly where mountains in the distance are picked out by the sunlight. The other track I mainly tested on was Brands Hatch, I have watched a lot motorcycle racing at Brands in real life, it conveyed the atmosphere of Brands really well. Some screen shots of the Highlands and Brands in winter.
20200729192647_1a.jpg
20200729192716_1a.jpg
20200729201123_1a.jpg
20200729201318_1a.jpg

Attachments

• 20200729192647_1a.jpg
    20200729192647_1a.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
I have installed version-2 and it's working fine, I set the exposure to between 45% to 60% depending on track. I really like the way the contrast changes with intensity of the sun light from soft with overcast to high contrast with direct bright sun light. I tested this at around midday with scattered cloud and mid July. The tracks tested on were Highlands, I have driven hundreds of miles around the Highlands in real life and it conveyed the changing light conditions superbly where mountains in the distance are picked out by the sunlight. The other track I mainly tested on was Brands Hatch, I have watched a lot motorcycle racing at Brands in real life, it conveyed the atmosphere of Brands really well. Some screen shots of the Highlands and Brands in winter.

Which setting are you changing for the exposure?

Nevermind...used Sol_Config. Thanks.

Last edited:
Just tried out your 'Adam's Sol Enhanced 2.0 Final Release' and it looked good, however it was not possible to drive at night while it was active because it's too dark. Is this normal? If not what setting/s needs to be altered to correct the light levels and is it possible to only brighten the night driving and not affect daytime?
Thanks.

Just tried out your 'Adam's Sol Enhanced 2.0 Final Release' and it looked good, however it was not possible to drive at night while it was active because it's too dark. Is this normal? If not what setting/s needs to be altered to correct the light levels and is it possible to only brighten the night driving and not affect daytime?
Thanks.
Yh it is. If you want to hop on my discord, I can send you all the images and show you how to alter it

Hello mate. I’ve tried your latest version. To me the 1.2 has the best all round IMO through evening morning and night :D, don’t get me wrong 2.0 Is fine but it’s still not to taste for me like 1.2 the only thing I think could be changed in 1.2 would be the slight glare! :) thanks again so much for this filter it’s outstanding View attachment 393582
No problem bro. If you prefer 1.2, you keep using it. I am glad I did both versions because I can achieve different things with both. Gives me more leeway for future ideas.

If you message me on discord I can send you images and show you how to reduce the glare

Hello mate. I’ve tried your latest version. To me the 1.2 has the best all round IMO through evening morning and night :D, don’t get me wrong 2.0 Is fine but it’s still not to taste for me like 1.2 the only thing I think could be changed in 1.2 would be the slight glare! :) thanks again so much for this filter it’s outstanding View attachment 393582
also, it would be great if you posted these in the "community_media" channel on my discord

View attachment 393629View attachment 393630View attachment 393631View attachment 393632
I love this. This is what I couldnt achieve with 1.2. The whites are actually white. Not blue tinted. And the cloudy whether is very gray and desaturated. And there is no hazey foggy mist over the image. Just pure clarity into the distance. Good images bro

Yh it is. If you want to hop on my discord, I can send you all the images and show you how to alter it
Thank you for your response Adam. I followed your Discord link. What do I do once connected? I'm a bit new to Discord and haven't quite figured it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
JoshOz.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%