AMS Modding - Cars (Work in progress)

Not sure where else to put this, so bear with me:
I downloaded a 2005 F1 mod from another site. There are some glaring errors that need fixing and the author of the mod is unresponsive.
I'd like to know if it's possible to give the cars a seventh gear and traction control (like they're supposed to).

I had written out a load of stuff about checking this veh file and that hdv file, then finding the gears section in the hdv, but, if you're not happy with it download the ctdp 2005/06 mod. Regarded in the community as one of the best. Job done!

I had written out a load of stuff about checking this veh file and that hdv file, then finding the gears section in the hdv, but, if you're not happy with it download the ctdp 2005/06 mod. Regarded in the community as one of the best. Job done!
That's the one I've got. The Williams and Minardi have 6 gears (though I think I've just fixed that), and AI always floors it out of corners and likes to spin the cars out, hence traction control.

Find the tbc file. Edit the line which says something along the lines of AIGripMult=....add 0.2 to 0.3 to the value...rears only. The negative to this is they'll be more liable to destroy you at the start of races.

Btw guys the LMS pack is released ;)
O64hV7w.jpg

Some extra info here http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/eec-online-racing-public-server-and-leagues.1202/

hello, modders,
personnaly i d like to use for tracks some old f1 for spirit ; there is some mods in rfactor that permit but i have not the competence; most important car , to my mind, in f1 was the : bt 46 b , lotus 81 b , fw 11 b, and of course the mp4/8. durring an evolute decade of f1 .

hello, modders,
personnaly i d like to use for tracks some old f1 for spirit ; there is some mods in rfactor that permit but i have not the competence; most important car , to my mind, in f1 was the : bt 46 b , lotus 81 b , fw 11 b, and of course the mp4/8. durring an evolute decade of f1 .

You're better of posting this in the Request thread :)

No lcd on the dash, michelin logos on the tyres, and the center look in the wheels are not sticking out of the car :)
I guess the only two major things the boxer cup needs now, is the air vent in the cockpit to be changed, because right now looks like a piece of the roll bar, and working leds in the front bumper.

Is alright looking better! but I would like to offer my opinion, for example I use low FOV on a single monitor, and the air vent with that size it would be even worst in terms of visibility...

And more important is the way reiza did the textures, even mods have much better ones...
boxervent1.jpg
23004844026_503d9b9319_o.jpg

before changing the air vnt did you tried changing the texture for it and using a bump map? the srpl shaders reiza is using allow a great play with bump mapping ;)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%