Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

So, if I wanted to switch from my T500RS wheelbase & T3PA-Pro pedals, I would need to buy a USB adaptor for the pedals, a Sim-plicity wheel base, and an off-the-shelf steering wheel? Nothing else? :unsure:

Upvote 0
Yes and you could also buy an adapter for your Thrustmaster steering wheel. https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/conversion-aros-thrustmaster-osw/
I will not advice this....even if he have this add on for TM together with it T500RS rim... Sim-plicity will release good rim addon soon on great price...even without this beed made - to give 100 Euro for adapter for TM rim is too expensive and dont make sence.

Edit: Jeez, 99 Euro without VAT, thats more than expensive;)

Upvote 0
Did you notice that this turns a Thrustmaster steering wheel into a fully functional stand alone USB Version? A good choice if you already own Thrustmaster Wheels. Not cheap but much cheaper than a new steering wheel i that case.

Upvote 0
Did you notice that this turns a Thrustmaster steering wheel into a fully functional stand alone USB Version? A good choice if you already own Thrustmaster Wheels. Not cheap but much cheaper than a new steering wheel i that case.
Ofcourse I noticed what it does and thats why I said it is too expansive and dont deserve to be bought...even Fanatec rims adapters for USB conversion are cheaper ...and there we speak for much much better rims than the TM plasticky (I own around 7-8 TM rims) Its not worth even if you have TM28 rim for example...not to mention that is insane expensive if you want to buy TM rim special to make it USB;) Have some patience to see what Sim-plicity will offer and on what price:)

Upvote 0
Hey guys, just picked up a used sw12c as an upgrade from my CSW v2.5, should be here this weekend. Been trying to get up to speed on everything...read all 20 pages here. Sounds like most of the early issues are sorted out, hopefully.

Big question though. Does anyone have settings for RaceRoom they can share? Most of my time is spent there and would like to quickly get up and running if possible.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Really tempt to pull the trigger on the SW10C but after what I read I don't know... It bothers me a bit that we need to wait for Ollie to make the software works for each game. For example if I buy a game, I just can't play it straight away, it is a bit... meh. Plus the game needs to be popular 'cause if its not, Ollie just wont bother to update his software for just one game (which is absolutely normal) like with kartkraft.

Upvote 0
Really tempt to pull the trigger on the SW10C but after what I read I don't know... It bothers me a bit that we need to wait for Ollie to make the software works for each game. For example if I buy a game, I just can't play it straight away, it is a bit... meh. Plus the game needs to be popular 'cause if its not, Ollie just wont bother to update his software for just one game (which is absolutely normal) like with kartkraft.
All you said is not true....dunno what you read here...now every game work and no need Ollie to make it work...I play KartKraft and tons of other games , most of them maybe Ollie never herd like City Car Driving for example - russian game simulating driving school and never stated like supporting DD wheels , well I play it with FFB with SW7C... So nobody pushing you to buy SW10C, but your statements are false;)

Upvote 0
All you said is not true....dunno what you read here...now every game work and no need Ollie to make it work...I play KartKraft and tons of other games , most of them maybe Ollie never herd like City Car Driving for example - russian game simulating driving school and never stated like supporting DD wheels , well I play it with FFB with SW7C... So nobody pushing you to buy SW10C, but your statements are false;)

*insert shocked pikachu meme here* :o . Guess my choice is already made then lol . I assumed that because on the first pages I read that some of you guys had to wait for automobilista compatibility for example. (even if I know it is compatible now)

Upvote 0
*insert shocked pikachu meme here* :o . Guess my choice is already made then lol . I assumed that because on the first pages I read that some of you guys had to wait for automobilista compatibility for example. (even if I know it is compatible now)
You cant imagine what great things come soon-ish from Sim-plicity;))) Like addons and extras I mean!;)

Upvote 0
I've owned the SW10C+ for about a year now. Everything works great and has for quite some time. The software has been upgraded many times and has some great features. In the last 6 months these features have been primarily convenience stuff (like adding presets for different games, etc). The core function has been solid for a while.

I personally don't think the SW7C is strong enough. The Simplicity software says I hit around 9nm (Peak) in most sessions, in most games. I'd definitely say I favor a fairly heavy wheel. It's nice to have a little extra power in reserve in case you decide you like that. Mine has more power than is comfortable. I've heard the stronger wheels run a little cooler than the SW7C. Ollie mentioned that clipping is the real culprit. (when the wheel is at max power for sustained periods, it warms up) It should also be said that this wheel can handle really high temps. The SW7C won't break. It's designed for industrial use, it can handle the high temps. Mine only gets warm.
I haven't tried the SW10C. I have the SW10C+ version. But if I had to guess... I'd say the plus isn't worth it. It's plenty sensitive, I'm guessing most sim software doesn't know what to do with that 8 million points of data. If I were to do it again, I'd get the SW10C. But I'm really happy with my purchase.

If there is a downside, it is that not enough people own them yet. Filling forums with tips, tricks, troubleshooting, settings and such.

Upvote 0
Since I didn't get any help at all with my question about RaceRoom, is there a page or something where people are just sharing their settings per game? Seems like with such a niche product there would be more info posted to help others get up to speed quickly.

Upvote 0
i don't see a settings dump anywhere, i have emailed ollie recently with query to settings for AC and he sent me these (see images) and it works great. no oscillation, wheel has weight without loss of detail, strong and responsive as you'd expect. i'd say this would be the recommended setup for AC, if OP can start to sticky game setups to first page that would be great for everyone.

note the last image where it shows the session telemetry including max torque and clipping. i had same results as this image, less than 0.5% clipping and high peak torque. ollie and myself both use a sw10c so good to see i can mimic his performance.

i've even turned the ffb up from 8nm to 9nm. i used to run it at 8nm as i thought the strength outweighed the details but now i'm used to it and little bits of software updates along the line means it runs fine even at 10nm. 9nm is a good balance of not working overly hard tho imo, i notice it does get a tiny bit more hot, but i have run for 2-3 hours of driving and strength doesn't fade. for anyone worried about sw7 being underpowered maybe someone can chime in with session telemetry, but the sw10 is perfectly fine to beat on for long periods of time.

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 282
  • 3.png
    3.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 2.png
    2.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 1.png
    1.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0
Thanks ykap1! I'm going to fire up AC and get these settings locked in tonight for future use. No doubt AC feels worlds better instantly out of the box, so this is great to have.

I've been playing with settings for hours now in RaceRoom and it's getting better, but def not right yet.

On a side note, I was able to get the DOR in the steering settings working by adding a few lines to the steering_wheels.xml file. If anyone needs that I can post here.

Also, one other question. I tried installing the presets from the website but they're not doing anything. Is there something I'm missing? I installed the latest versions of the software from the website to get the 12c working. Thought this would be a quick click.

Upvote 0
Also, one other question. I tried installing the presets from the website but they're not doing anything. Is there something I'm missing? I installed the latest versions of the software from the website to get the 12c working. Thought this would be a quick click.

I enquired about this also, the installer adds in support within the game so that it shows up as a supported controller instead of generic. it doesn't add a ffb profile to the simplicity software. it needs to run while the wheel is powered and connected.

Upvote 0
Ohhh. Thanks. I thought it was preset settings. That explains it then.

Just tested out those AC settings and they're really good! Thanks for those. The wheel is just a touch heavy to me, but I'll either get used to it or make a tiny adjustment later. But this is 98% perfect for me. Incredibly helpful!!

Upvote 0
So I added 3.5 to details boost from those AC settings, and it feels pretty good in RaceRoom actually. Better than where I was at with my previous settings. Think I'm just gonna stick with it. 2 down! Just a few more to go now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%