Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

It does not work with R3E.

Just saying.
Wheel is pulled to the right as soon as i push the throttle. I have to create another profile in order to solve this issue.
Sometimes it loses the ffb between two sessions.

Except this i'm really happy with my SW10C+, best bang for the buck so far.

Upvote 0
Wheel is pulled to the right as soon as i push the throttle. I have to create another profile in order to solve this issue.
Sometimes it loses the ffb between two sessions.

Except this i'm really happy with my SW10C+, best bang for the buck so far.

These two issues happen to me when i play wreckfest too, bit annoying but otherwise still works (with a touch of oscillation). Curious if this is a generic issue with unsupported titles and if theres a solution.

Upvote 0
Well 3 of us dealing with the exact same faults sounds like a software issue to me. Is there a direct email to Ollie? I sent a message a few days ago about a warranty issue and haven't received any reply yet. Just looking for another way to contact him.

Upvote 0
Another question to all of you guys, from the list that you can find on simplicity website :

Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Automobilista
BeamNG.drive
Dirt Rally
Dirt Rally 2.0
Dirt 4
F1 2018
iRacing
Live for Speed
Project CARS
Project CARS 2
RaceRoom Racing Experience
rFactor
rFactor 2
Richard Burns Rally
Stock Car Extreme

How many of these games actually works perfectly ? I re-read the first pages of the thread and I saw that at some point some games were recognizing the wheel but could not give a proper ffb. (f1 2018 for example) + Raceroom is having issue too apparently (basically I just want to know if I should keep my ts pc to be able to play these games ^^)

Upvote 0
Another question to all of you guys, from the list that you can find on simplicity website :

Assetto Corsa
Automobilista
BeamNG.drive
Dirt Rally
Dirt Rally 2.0
Dirt 4
F1 2018
iRacing
Live for Speed
Project CARS
Project CARS 2
RaceRoom Racing Experience
rFactor
rFactor 2
Richard Burns Rally
Stock Car Extreme

How many of these games actually works perfectly ? I re-read the first pages of the thread and I saw that at some point some games were recognizing the wheel but could not give a proper ffb. (f1 2018 for example) + Raceroom is having issue too apparently (basically I just want to know if I should keep my ts pc to be able to play these games ^^)
There is no such thing like perfect for all titles for any wheel brand and model, choose any model from any brand and you will see topics for setting up and testing different settings etc... For now I can only confirm that all FFB outputing titles work on Compact line - that means they have FFB...from there what is perfect and what is not is long discussion. Also I can confirm that for now Raceroom is behaving not ok - no matter what you do some strange oscilations occure constant or from time to time...the strange thing is that Raceroom was the title with best FFB when I took my SW7C out of the box.... but the devs changed alot in game protocol and I believe Sim-plicity need to adjust that...

Upvote 0
I have used the following, they work fantastic:
Assetto Corsa
Assetto Corsa Competizione (an old version, haven't tried recently, I assume it's still fine)
Dirt Rally
Dirt Rally 2.0 (I had to add a line to a config xml file, works great now)
Project CARS 2

I couldn't get RaceRoom Racing Experience, but I spent very little time trying. I just wanted to try out the VW IDR at the ring.
I haven't tried any other sims.

Wow! That 320mm wheel price is very reasonable. Hopefully they come out with an F1 style wheel in the future. I'd buy one.

Upvote 0
Assetto Corsa
Automobilista
F1 2018
iRacing
Project CARS 2
rFactor 2

F1 2018 could be improved probably and you have to use jack spade settings with Pcars2.

Upvote 0
As far as RaceRoom goes, it works, but not great. You also need to map a button to FFB Reset as the wheel randomly loses ffb. But yesterday I had the strangest and most infuriating fail yet. After 60 minutes of practice, 15 minutes of qualifying and a 5 minute warm-up session, I'm sitting on the grid, the lights go green and my 12C goes completely dead. Not a loss of ffb, but a complete loss of steering. Could only retire. Might have cost me a championship. So now I've gone from struggling to find good R3e settings, to actually afraid to use it.

Upvote 0
As far as RaceRoom goes, it works, but not great. You also need to map a button to FFB Reset as the wheel randomly loses ffb. But yesterday I had the strangest and most infuriating fail yet. After 60 minutes of practice, 15 minutes of qualifying and a 5 minute warm-up session, I'm sitting on the grid, the lights go green and my 12C goes completely dead. Not a loss of ffb, but a complete loss of steering. Could only retire. Might have cost me a championship. So now I've gone from struggling to find good R3e settings, to actually afraid to use it.

I'm curious is the sw12c showing up as itself in the game? or just a generic wheel/axis? cos i have that same problem on wreckfest and i know it's not on the list of supported so it not working 100% is unfortunate but not entirely unexpected. it then resolves itself next race.

i would expect that it's something that slipped through the quality control cracks in the simplicity software that causes it to fail, has anyone reported it to ollie? i have no idea how you'd consistently replicate it cos for me wreckfest only drops out the wheel maybe 1 in 50 races. but i'm getting the impression that raceroom is much more persistent and freqent.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 182 26.8%
Back