Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

Hey guys, i was going to buy a CSW V2.5 but this compact series caught my attention. I've been looking at the SW10C, as well as the new 32 mm rim that they sell. I see that i save 100 pounds with this combo, making it 810 pounds including shipping. With the CSW V2.5 and the Porsche rim i'll be paying more than that, so this seems like a no-brainer. But i have some questions. First of, anybody using it on the Simlab gt1 evo? I assume it will fit because of the universal pattern on the bracket, so i should just be able to mount it with for example fanatec bolt pattern right? Also is there any noticable flex in the bracket or rig? Lastly, how good is this wheel? looks high quality from the picture, but it would obviously be nice to hear the opinion of someone who uses it. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hey guys, i was going to buy a CSW V2.5 but this compact series caught my attention. I've been looking at the SW10C, as well as the new 32 mm rim that they sell. I see that i save 100 pounds with this combo, making it 810 pounds including shipping. With the CSW V2.5 and the Porsche rim i'll be paying more than that, so this seems like a no-brainer. But i have some questions. First of, anybody using it on the Simlab gt1 evo? I assume it will fit because of the universal pattern on the bracket, so i should just be able to mount it with for example fanatec bolt pattern right? Also is there any noticable flex in the bracket or rig? Lastly, how good is this wheel? looks high quality from the picture, but it would obviously be nice to hear the opinion of someone who uses it. Thanks

It does fit the wheel mounting deck pre drilled holes, can't remember which pattern exactly but it works perfectly fine.

The bracket that goes between the wheel and the deck on the other hand has some flex. If you look back through these comments there's some who thought it was an issue and some not, i found there was enough play that i mounted it differently. Simlabs also makes their own bracket that has a cross brace so that should be perfect but it's an extra part. The gt1 evo frame itself is utterly rock solid in every department.

Wheel quality is great, it's an industrial motor so it has that nice machined finish to the motor and the components, not like a consumer product such as logitch or thrustmaster that has plastic housings. For force feedback there's plenty of input if you look back through this thread. I've never used a direct drive wheel before but upgrading from a T300rs it was night and day.

Upvote 0
It does fit the wheel mounting deck pre drilled holes, can't remember which pattern exactly but it works perfectly fine.

The bracket that goes between the wheel and the deck on the other hand has some flex. If you look back through these comments there's some who thought it was an issue and some not, i found there was enough play that i mounted it differently. Simlabs also makes their own bracket that has a cross brace so that should be perfect but it's an extra part. The gt1 evo frame itself is utterly rock solid in every department.

Wheel quality is great, it's an industrial motor so it has that nice machined finish to the motor and the components, not like a consumer product such as logitch or thrustmaster that has plastic housings. For force feedback there's plenty of input if you look back through this thread. I've never used a direct drive wheel before but upgrading from a T300rs it was night and day.
I must have made a typo when typing my previous comment. I meant to ask about the quality of the actual rim that simplicity sells on their website, the 32 mm round rim. The picture on the website doesn't really do it justice. I'm sure it's a high quality product, it's got magnetic shifters and all, but i'm not a fan of buying something i haven't seen in action or even a decent picture of it.

Anyway, i was planning on getting the sw10c because it fit my price range and they had it in stock, but when i checked today their supply has run out. Which leaves me with two main options:
1. Preordering the sw12c for the 14th of January, this is around 630 gbp, and will give me that 2 nm more torque than the sw10c, which i think may be plenty (expecting to run 8-9 nm most of the time)

2. Preordering the sw20 v3 for the 14th of February. It's obviously a pretty decent upgrade to the sw12c due to the much higher torque, better encoder and generally a better package (includes better mounting bracket and emergency stop). At 618 gbp i almost think it's a steal. But it also means that i have to wait 3 months to get my wheel upgrade, which i've been looking forward to for a while already.

I'm okay with waiting for the 14th of January because i'm waiting to see if sim-lab will have a black Friday sale so i can get the gt1 evo at a discount, so by the time i get it and set it up there will be like less then a month till i get the osw. Which brings up the question, does simplicity have black Friday sales? Is it worth waiting to see if i can get an even better deal? As far as i understand, the preorder prices changes at the end of the month, so i can afford to wait a bit before preordering any of the wheelbases right?

But with how things are going, i may just be extra hurtful on my wallet and preorder the sw20 v3 for the 14th of January and pay the higher price. It's still a very good deal for such a high quality product.

Upvote 0
Hi,

stumbled on this thread last night, and though I'd chip in, as there aren't many threads on SW20. And I know how frustrating it can be to look for any info/tips.

I have updated my SW20 last night to latest SimuCube config tool and firmware. I actually have gone away from original MMOS config by Ollie to full SimuCube setup after watching GamerMuscle video on Youtube. Together with irFFb it is much better experience for me now in Iracing and AC.

HI, Can you tell me the procedure for switch fron simplicity CFG TOOL to SimCube ? Thx a lot

Upvote 0
I'm okay with waiting for the 14th of January because i'm waiting to see if sim-lab will have a black Friday sale so i can get the gt1 evo at a discount, so by the time i get it and set it up there will be like less then a month till i get the osw.
My Simlab GT1 evo bought during black friday sale arrived the second half of January (within Europe). Take account of at least six weeks for delivery.

Upvote 0
For those that want some info for the rim - can check the FB group - a guy there have it and we discussed some info of it.... My personal oppinion from what I know - it is good piece of equipment, but actual rim is no name and if I buy this will use my own rim....also shifters are hall sensors magnetic shifters...that means in one hand never wear off, but on other you gotta be familiar how to calibrate axys in windows, because the operate like analog axys ...in general thats great, because you can decide where the shifting will byte!:)

Upvote 0
1. Preordering the sw12c for the 14th of January, this is around 630 gbp, and will give me that 2 nm more torque than the sw10c, which i think may be plenty (expecting to run 8-9 nm most of the time)

The actual difference between 10c and 12c is 0,5nm (holding torque). 10c has 3,5nm and 12c has 4nm. In my opinion the best choice would be the SW10c(+).

Upvote 0
The actual difference between 10c and 12c is 0,5nm (holding torque). 10c has 3,5nm and 12c has 4nm. In my opinion the best choice would be the SW10c(+).
Interesting, both actually has less holding torque than i was expecting. But i think i've made up my mind on the sw20 v3. It's only around 100 GBP more than the SW10C+, but has twice as much torque. I think it's the better buy, and i also think i would regret not spending the extra money in the long run. Gonna buy it along with the rim+button box that sim-plicity sells. Hard to beat such a setup for just 925 GBP.

Upvote 0
HI, Can you tell me the procedure for switch fron simplicity CFG TOOL to SimCube ? Thx a lot

The guy is talking about older SW20 which were built using a Simucube/Ioni setup. These originally ran MMOS software until Simucube released their own. The non-Simucube Simplicity wheels use custom hardware so it's very very unlikely you could ever use the Simucube software with them. You could however use your motor and buy a Simucube/Ioni control box.

Upvote 0
What do you guys think about long-term support for your sim-plicity DD wheels? Since the firmware is developed by a very small team, do you fear about lack of support a few years down the line? Also, would it be possible to buy a Simucube based controller box to use with the motor if simplicity were to stop supporting the wheels?

Upvote 0
The question should be what exciting new sims will come to us in the future...
My point is that a lot of us will stay with some or let me call it "main" sims for quite longer than a few weeks. Have a look at GTR2, 10th anniversary and still going strong. From this point of view there is nothing I would miss currently. On the other hand the people behind the product have provided support for new games like Dirt Rally in a reasonable time. At this moment, at least for me, there is nothing to worry about.

Upvote 0
your not alone mate I have the compact 7 lost all ffb worked perfect before the update itss not a simplicity problem
as it works perfect in other sims c'mon raceroom sort it out I have a load of cash invested in this game

Upvote 0
It's kindof a shame there aren't better reviews. I didn't care for that review much. I could see how he would think the SW7 is slightly under-powered. But I'm guessing it's plenty of wheel for most people.
I have the 10C+ and really like it. I'd do it again, knowing what I know now. When I first bought the wheel they were working out some bugs in the software. I haven't needed an update in over a year. The software works great.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%