Assetto Corsa Competizione | More Bathurst Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Talk about looking epic....

... these new preview images of the Mount Panorama Circuit from the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione Intercontinental GT Pack DLC look simply breathtaking.

Set to feature Bathurst, Laguna Seca, Suzuka and Kyalami as part of a four-strong set of new circuits for the simulation, Kunos Simulazioni have today released a batch of new preview screens from the work-in-progress version of Bathurst within the sim, showing off the iconic mountain circuit in a variety of weather and time-of-day conditions.

As a further bonus, the new images revealed today also showcase some of the new Intercontinental GT Series liveries that are set to be included in the pack, the first time we've seen the cars in game since Kunos announced the new DLC in late 2019.

Looking good?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date has yet to be confirmed.

Want to ask our community a question about the sim? No worries, head over to the ACC sub forum and start a new thread today!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 5.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 6.jpg

• Deleted member 205301

...I don't really understand the hype around Bathurst, (and Nordschleiffe too), These are great tracks, for sure, but not "perfect" for racing... Suzuka is (for me) the best track in the world... (great to have differents opinion^^)
btw, I'll take a look (as I always do concerning acc)...finally, the only "new" track (I mean, I use iracing, so a laserscanned version of bathurst, suzuka, and laguna Seca are here since many years...) is Kyalami : curious about the flow there :)
@++

Suzuka and Brathurst are one of the best tracks out there for sure. Especially Barthust benefits from laserscanning because pretty much all mod versions or official non-scanned version of that track (in all sims) are wrong... the elevations are near impossible to get right without laser data

Suzuka is very expensive license (similarly to Monaco) too, I remember Marco Massarutto saying that it's his favourite track and they negotiated with Suzuka to get it for Assetto Corsa 1, but it was way too expensive license. He must be happy now, when Kunos finally got it. One of the Holy Grails of track licensing (Automobilista uses it under a fake name Kansai, to avoid the license cost)
Seem to recall pcars having an issue with suzuka too. They wanted stupid money for the license so it ended up being removed from final release.

I just hoping that with new content they don't stop fixing the bugs.

VR implementation has become better recently, but there are still bugs...

e.g.: the helmet is flickering in VR helmet view which is extremely frustrating (I know there is a non-helmet view, but the g-forces as super cool and they are not there othervise)

Uninstalled it just two weeks ago…GT3s are just not my cup of tea. I prefer coffee. :D
However I wish Kunos good luck with ACC and perhaps sometimes there’ll be another sim which ticks more boxes for me.

ACC will become massive. Especially if we start seeing additional racing car series. Kunos \o/

*This title is the reason/excuse for my next computing horsepower purchase. (AMS2 included)

It's already massive. It's the best GT3 game or consumer simulation there is.

If by additional series you mean GT3 series such as GT World challenge Asia or America which is built around these same cars then yes I'll be happy for more tracks and liveries.

...I don't really understand the hype around Bathurst, (and Nordschleiffe too), These are great tracks, for sure, but not "perfect" for racing... Suzuka is (for me) the best track in the world... (great to have differents opinion^^)
btw, I'll take a look (as I always do concerning acc)...finally, the only "new" track (I mean, I use iracing, so a laserscanned version of bathurst, suzuka, and laguna Seca are here since many years...) is Kyalami : curious about the flow there :)
@++
100% agree with you from the driving standpoint. However Bathurst has both spectacular elevation changes and a beautiful scenery, which makes it unique.

Both Mount Panorama and Nordschleife are unique tracks and that's why they are so popular.
Suzuka is one of the best tracks in the world, but in my case I prefer Spa. Not by much difference, but I like it more than Suzuka

ACC is a very good game, with the DLC it will be even better.

I am playing ACC and AC every day and I must say that they have a very big difference in favor of games like RRE in terms of graphics, physics, FFB and especially AI.

ACC DLCS is a must buy.

These images look amazing. My opinion on ACC from the first time I tried it in early access to now has done a completely 180. They've done a really great job. My only remaining issue has been limited content. This DLC will definitely hold my attention for a while, cant wait. I feel like there are more exciting additions to come to ACC even after the IGTC DLC is released too.
Just the possibility of British GT (including GT4 cars), GT America and/or GT Asia has me hyped...man this could be epic.

I'm looking forward to this. But if I had the choice between better Vr performance and more tracks I know what I would choose.

BTW - for those having VR issues (everyone with VR) turn off PP and volumetric fog - makes more difference than anything else. I can just about scrape a stable 90 FPS except at race starts with everything else on medium on Index with 2080 ti and i9 9900k.

oh nice, I just read there will be a pro team using the McLaren 720S GT3 in the 2020 endurance season europe. so, we'll finally get a proper racing skin for the macca!
"Optimum Motorsport is pleased to confirm that it will compete in the newly renamed GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup (formerly Blancpain GT Series) in 2020 with Ollie Wilkinson returning and starting an exciting new chapter of his career with the team. The McLaren Professional Driver will be joined by McLaren Factory Drivers Joe Osborne and Rob Bell in what is an all-Pro line-up in the 720S GT3."
full text: https://www.gt-world-challenge-euro...p-for-gt-world-challenge-europe-endurance-cup

oh nice, I just read there will be a pro team using the McLaren 720S GT3 in the 2020 endurance season europe. so, we'll finally get a proper racing skin for the macca!
"Optimum Motorsport is pleased to confirm that it will compete in the newly renamed GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup (formerly Blancpain GT Series) in 2020 with Ollie Wilkinson returning and starting an exciting new chapter of his career with the team. The McLaren Professional Driver will be joined by McLaren Factory Drivers Joe Osborne and Rob Bell in what is an all-Pro line-up in the 720S GT3."
full text: https://www.gt-world-challenge-euro...p-for-gt-world-challenge-europe-endurance-cup

Considering we're getting liveries for the Aston Martin V12 and other non-IGTC entered cars/teams (looking at the screenshots) for Bathurst, I will also assume we will get the McLaren from Suzuka too
1579191465171.png

IF we also get the 2020 season that is. Or did I miss an announcement? Good news on McLaren joining the fold for sure!

You're right, no official statement as yet, or maybe i missed it. I was taking that as a given, would be foolish to walk away after two seasons. This time, however, it should be paid DLC.
I certainly hope you are correct. Fingers crossed. Would be sad not to continue, but not sure DLCs will pay KUNOS good enough to continue releasing them. Time will tell I guess.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 482 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 294 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 147 21.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.4%
Back