Assetto Corsa Competizione | More Bathurst Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Talk about looking epic....

... these new preview images of the Mount Panorama Circuit from the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione Intercontinental GT Pack DLC look simply breathtaking.

Set to feature Bathurst, Laguna Seca, Suzuka and Kyalami as part of a four-strong set of new circuits for the simulation, Kunos Simulazioni have today released a batch of new preview screens from the work-in-progress version of Bathurst within the sim, showing off the iconic mountain circuit in a variety of weather and time-of-day conditions.

As a further bonus, the new images revealed today also showcase some of the new Intercontinental GT Series liveries that are set to be included in the pack, the first time we've seen the cars in game since Kunos announced the new DLC in late 2019.

Looking good?

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC. Intercontinental GT Pack release date has yet to be confirmed.

Want to ask our community a question about the sim? No worries, head over to the ACC sub forum and start a new thread today!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 5.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Mt Panorama Preview 6.jpg

Any particular reason you say that?
Yeah, not sure why Bathurst would be anymore demanding then say, Spa. Forty cars in a storm - demanding. This title has always been more demanding than most other titles, but only because it is built for the future and includes top level physics and graphics. Many computers on the other hand were built for yesterday (or before).

Yeah, not sure why Bathurst would be anymore demanding then say, Spa. Forty cars in a storm - demanding. This title has always been more demanding than most other titles, but only because it is built for the future and includes top level physics and graphics. Many computers on the other hand were built for yesterday (or before).
That's what I was thinking, and other tracks don't have less detail. Kyalami also has a lot of visible scenery you can see from Leeuwkop downwards(example below) and in the distance, but never thought it would be an issue.

1579204573760.png

This is a tough one. These are four tracks that are among my most favorite with the AC Kyalami recently garnering a lot of my time. Bathurst though is one where I’ve never managed to get the downhill esses right so I am looking forward to the challenge. Can’t wait.

I strongly believe that this is the case. Maybe they will throw one or more of the GT4 series in there too, depending on the growth of the series, and the possibility of actually making money on it, instead of just spending a whole lot on adding GT4 cars.

If this happens I would repurchase ACC down the road. For me aside from PC2 and AC having better performance, it just felt short on number of tracks.

GT4 cars in the future would be not only a great addition to the sim, but also something to make ACC live "forever", in absence of modding.

If @kunos could hear me, I would also think about an old SRO gentleman drivers Series called ULTRACAR GT1 Sports Club. As you can see, half of the hyper-cars were already in AC, which would cut in half the efforts to redo the cars from scratch. Also, it would make many simracers happy to drive something totally different from a GT race car but remaining into the world of racing, since it was an SRO sanctioned Series until 2018. In AC is so much fun replicating this Series.
upload_2019-4-24_16-9-1.png

im excited for Bathurst and Suzuka too, but I’m amazed at the lack of interest in Laguna Seca! It’s such a great, varied track, I don’t understand why more people aren’t looking forward to it. Yes, we’ve seen it before, but with ACC attention to detail it will be epic!

whats the point of this poll? theres only one option - Bafurst!

im excited for Bathurst and Suzuka too, but I’m amazed at the lack of interest in Laguna Seca! It’s such a great, varied track, I don’t understand why more people aren’t looking forward to it. Yes, we’ve seen it before, but with ACC attention to detail it will be epic!

aaaaah, I feel as though it should have been in from the start.

The problem was to single out ONE track for the poll. ;) They are all equally great racing tracks with so much history. I chose Suzuka based on past simraces going back to GT on the PS3. It has a great flow to it and good variation of faster and slower sectors. But then again this could also be said for the other tracks.... :cool:
Suzuka is a bit special here (in my book), since it is rarely done with full license. Looking forward to experience it fully laser scanned as well.
I deliberately didn't vote for Kyalami, since I have never driven that track in any sim I played, so really no idea if will be to my liking.

If this happens I would repurchase ACC down the road. For me aside from PC2 and AC having better performance, it just felt short on number of tracks.

Every content update to a sim should bring more players, and i sure hope that is true in this case too :) . But as a big AC fan, using it a whole lot for mods and tracks, i really don't feel like ACC lacks content currently. The quality of the tracks and cars, makes up for not having an avalanche of tracks and cars. And the feel of the cars is in my opinion the far superior GT3 experience in any sim. I still like AC, but every time i jump back to that game, i don't get the same feel for immersion, and the feel through the wheel makes it feel like i'm a bit disconnected from the road in comparison to ACC.

Last edited:
GT4 cars in the future would be not only a great addition to the sim, but also something to make ACC live "forever", in absence of modding.

If @kunos could hear me, I would also think about an old SRO gentleman drivers Series called ULTRACAR GT1 Sports Club. As you can see, half of the hyper-cars were already in AC, which would cut in half the efforts to redo the cars from scratch. Also, it would make many simracers happy to drive something totally different from a GT race car but remaining into the world of racing, since it was an SRO sanctioned Series until 2018. In AC is so much fun replicating this Series.
View attachment 344227

Maybe ACC with GT3 class is just a test ground for AC2? Once they get it right and understand the engine, it's mostly just asset production for other classes, street cars and tracks. I don't really see the point of trying to cram other series into GT3 title if you can just be free of any restrictions and make AC2 instead, using the same technical base of ACC.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%