Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

Tried starting career mode again,cars feel like Mack trucks,have to slow to a crawl to get around corners or the carwill be on the grass or sand,not fun,cars with massive understeer and weak brakes.

I did enjoy this sim when I first tried it but after driving on all the other sims,ACC feels a chore to drive with the truck like feel of the cars.

Might put my steering lock on 180 degrees with the G 27,that may fix it.

My old Holden Astra steers better than these cars lol.

I felt the same as you at first, poor braking, massive understeer, like trying to hotlap a Veyron in a kart track mind you :D

But, believe me, you have to change your driving style to enjoy it. Brake early and steer gently, be more smooth than in any other sim. Brake bias some clicks to the rear will help you rotate the car in trail braking.

Try the Honda first, it's not the fastest car, but it handles very well while you get more accostumed to the game's physics. Then, take the Lexus for a spin and move brake balance to the rear a little.

I see you have a G27. Try by using the LUT Generator, it's night and day on this wheel.

On topic: ACC it's very early access still, it has some bugs which render the game unplayable for many people. I think Kunos concentrated their effort to solve the crash fest the game was at launch. I hope they can deliver with future updates, because the sim aspect of the game is very good, at least for me.

There are some very important missing features that should have been in v1.0. The game was incomplete for a full launch. I think at the end, Kunos will deliver. I hope it will be sooner than later tough.

Cheers,

You obviously don't own RF2. I'll leave it there. Not worth bothering with especially as you have started calling childish names. :rolleyes:
rf2 = crashparade if go wider than standard game , i loaded in steam and take what he provides me , yes that was everything what i see of this game even a new installation doesn´t make it run again, no thx sir

Most likely the reason. Spent more than an hour today trying to make it run properly in WMR, gave up and just uninstalled in anger. How come that other UE4 titles work so nice in VR, and with AC we have unusable UI with partially working mouse and menu pinned below my feet paired with abysmal performance.
And how in-house made AC engine can work so great even with all these extra mods. Looks better too.
Can't confirm, runs nicely with my Acer WMR on my rather oldish machine (need to reset the camera every start though). Also no crashes or freezes since a few versions now. Looking forward to the 2.4 hours of Spa tonight!

I like ACC, even it's still running unsatisfying with all the issues and low performance in VR. Also i miss new Special Events since release and even with this update, no change! WTF is this? Are the next Special Events coming with ACC 2 or what is this all about? Player-numbers are dropping every day and they don't even bother to do a few minutes every month of work to change those Events that might lure people into launching the game again. Why no daily/weekly/monthly events like with other well-known titles?
special events for what? i i´m with cool nice and fast guys i race spa 4 times in a row what else do u need xD

• Deleted member 909406

The 1.05 update has done some miraculous things to my i5/GTX1070 system, I can finally play with mirrors on (any conditions and times) without the huge stutters that plagued me since EA. Thanks Kunos, any and all work to improve optimisation is appreciated.
Problems with i5 appeared in patch 1.0.5. Before that, there were no problems with him.
Overall optimization since 1.0 has improved markedly. Now it looks great.

• Deleted member 197115

Can't confirm, runs nicely with my Acer WMR on my rather oldish machine (need to reset the camera every start though). Also no crashes or freezes since a few versions now. Looking forward to the 2.4 hours of Spa tonight!
Can you please post a guide on how to make menu appear in the center and navigate it with the mouse, I could pin menu to the HMD view by changing layout to 2 in config file or it would stick below floor permanently but mouse navigation is getting stuck on selections and some like Options or Start Race are just unaccessible unless I bind buttons for navigation on the wheel.
Also what are your settings, I am on i9-9900K with 1080Ti, both overclocked, can run AC maxed out with CSP and SOL at 90 fps, as well as "badly optimized" rFactor2, but this thing is just stutter fest, the only way to have it in VR is with permanently enabled reprojection. Is that how you make it work, if not, please share your secret so everyone can learn.

For what I look in a game I've been able to work around the bugs and missing features so I'm really enjoying the game, but I totally understand why others wouldn't. There's still a few issues with the AI that annoy me but I'm able to look past them.....at least for now.

I feel bad that the game isn't doing as well as I'd hope for since future DLC might depend on it as Marco once said in an interview and I'd really love to get Blancpain Asia and America at some point, but being completely honest, Kunos brought this upon themselves.....A v1.0 should never be released in the state that they released ACC, regardless if development continues beyond it.

Last edited:
special events for what? i i´m with cool nice and fast guys i race spa 4 times in a row what else do u need xD
Better live with the fact that other people like other stuff like Special Events with leaderboards. My online-experience is rather mediocre (if not worse) so far and leaderboard-challenges means to compete against other people, but also with the best, not some random skilled guys on a server that might bump into you before T1. The career-features including Special Events are all a joke even in comparison to AC 1 so far.

I have not the most advanced system but with my i7 8700k and a ti1080 you should expect to see better gfx than I can use now. I have to set it very low to get a steady 60fps but then it looks very bad. Perhaps with 1 screen I can set things higher but with my triple setup it is a real disappointment.

Don't take it personal but that’s exactly the reason I mostly stay away from public multiplayer: people running the same tracks (Spa, Monza, other popular tracks) over and over and over and over again. It was a plague in AC (really? Hundreds of GT3 servers with just these tracks?) and it probably still is.

To get back on topic: haven’t tried ACC for some days now but the last time I drove it was much better in VR so thanks for that. GT3 is not my cup of tea but I’ll take another look the next days.

ACC is my opinion a fantastic sim.
But as other people here I think it should not have been release as v 1.0 in this states.
I already express myself on that.
Kunos can put small bug correction or optimizations on steam , I appreciate greatly the effort, this is not what I am looking for.
I want a finish game in its functionality. Saving , championship points, explanation of rules, animated pitstop (present in early stage), laptimes and rating page complete.

Until that I will stop using the sim.
I am patient and hope it will turn nice at the end

Until that I run assetto corsa with content manager and SOL and try to improve my laptimes at the nordschleife , which I can not because I am disturbed by the scenery I have in front of my eyes.

• Deleted member 909406

Are you speaking for yourself or everyone with an i5?
I speak from i5-4590.
Patch 1.0.5 Notes:
"this build finally fixes the CPU load issue experienced by users with i5 or similar CPUs."

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.2%
Back