Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

I have not the most advanced system but with my i7 8700k and a ti1080 you should expect to see better gfx than I can use now. I have to set it very low to get a steady 60fps but then it looks very bad. Perhaps with 1 screen I can set things higher but with my triple setup it is a real disappointment.
That's a beast system...Very low settings? UE4 must not like, or something is not right.

WTF happened to this world???

ACC is not THAT bad, and yet people are complaining like it's the worst sim racing title ever. Discussion is so polarised that it's not inviting anyone sensible to join it.
Yes, it's far from perfect, but it's also far from awful - nothing to make such dramas about. And yet people are boycotting the title, calling it 'completely dead' etc. Seriously?

Can we not have a civilised and constructive conversations here anymore?

• Deleted member 909406

So better performance for you with the i5? Less cpu usage?
I will immediately say that I use 1080p resolution and no VR or triple screens.
The beta version of patch 1.0.5 brought me performance problems with my i5, but its final build completely fixed it.
Version 1.0 I really did not like. Problems with anti-aliasing, low texture loading speed terribly enraged me. After the patch 1.0.4 -1.0.5 everything looks great. I have a stable 60 FPS under any conditions in single races. In races with 21 AI may be reduced to 45 FPS at the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bazooka_Joe It isn't. They did better than I expected in the time frame tbh. The real slap in the face for Kunos is this is what a boatload were saying they wanted in a racing game. Guess not. I think the online players in sim racing are overestimated. We aren't the same crop who played Gran Turismo online for hours back in the day..

Can someone tell me whats so bad about ACC?
Genuine question because I dont live on simracing forums so dont see most of the drama, i just drive some sims when i get the urge.
Thew past few weeks its been ACC more than anything, i only race against AI and dont see much wrong with ACC when im playing.
Physics sounds,graphics are all of the highest quality, i dont do VR, i play on a single 2560x1440 144hz gsync monitor and never drop below 144 fps at max settings.
FFB doesnt feel as good as AMS,R3E or AC but other than that im happy.

Yes when I play on my 27inch single screen in the 2560x1440 res I can upper all settings to their max and even upscale to 150% and get a 90 steady fps.
But once I use my triple setup 7680x1440 it is a real pain in the .... even on 1080p and triplets it is not great. So single screen nice gfx but zero immersion..

Where are these patchnotes? No reference to this in these patchnotes

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...one-v1-0-5-update-out-now.58984/#post-1071615

No change in framerate with 1.0.5 on my i5 system either.

In fact, I'm not sure this sentence was included in the changelog.
With the beta branch, this was not included in the changelog as it was a fix brought rather late before the beta release of this build.

The real I5 problem with this 1.0.5 at the start was .... enormous stuttering, freezes making even a practice session alone on track impossible.... even fps were really not stable
( I had mostly 3 big freezes, nearly 1 or 2 seconds for one lap at Zolder ).

With the fix, this was settled and we could retrieve the usual fps ... but smooth again.

The real I5 problem with this 1.0.5 at the start was .... enormous stuttering, freezes making even a practice session alone on track impossible.... even fps were really not stable

Im guessing your talking about the older 4 core i5 here?
My 6 core i5 8600K @ 4.8ghz is an absolute beast and destroys any game i throw at it

In fact, I'm not sure this sentence was included in the changelog.
With the beta branch, this was not included in the changelog as it was a fix brought rather late before the beta release of this build.

( I had mostly 3 big freezes, nearly 1 or 2 seconds for one lap at Zolder ).

With the fix, this was settled and we could retrieve the usual fps ... but smooth again.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Im guessing your talking about the older 4 core i5 here?
My 6 core i5 8600K @ 4.8ghz is an absolute beast and destroys any game i throw at it

Right Dcully, mine is a 4670k ;) ..... and replacing it now with a more recent one shouldn't be a good choice as I prefer also to change my motherboard ( still 1150 socket ) for a new one with a decent I7 ready for the future also.

Can someone tell me whats so bad about ACC?
Nothing. There just seem to be a noisy minority of people who delight in overblown negativity. There also seem to be a number of opinionated streamers who think that strapping on a headset, recording a sim and commenting negatively on it somehow puts them on an equal footing with the talented people who actually develop the sims. All sims have their detractors and supporters of various levels of delusionality, but the last time I saw this level of butthurt was when Project Cars 2 was released, and the haters worked each other up like seagulls at the rubbish tip. People with nuanced viewpoints get drowned out.

My viewpoint is that ACC as it stands now offers a level of audiovisual immersion that is basically unprecedented in modern simracing, fantastic physics and FFB, decent AI, beautiful vehicle track and interface presentation and amazingly fast loading times. The flip side is that using Unreal Engine has meant that all this goodness has come with a very high (borderline unacceptable) performance cost to the user and a more fraught development process for Kunos. I get the impression that the publisher, not Kunos, called the shots on the release date, and in reality v1.0 was just EA 0.8, with the full content roster but missing great swathes of single player and multiplayer usability and functionality, and VR and flatscreen optimisation. In 6 months it might just become the game it should have been at release, the focussed GT3 sim that so many users seemed to insist upon. Given how Kunos worked to turn AC from the state it was at release to the gem it is now for so many people, I have every faith in them. In the mean time, the noisy aggrieved self entitled moaning and accusations at the developers of a bloody $40 game is making following ACC a bit of a chore.

I have not the most advanced system but with my i7 8700k and a ti1080 you should expect to see better gfx than I can use now. I have to set it very low to get a steady 60fps but then it looks very bad. Perhaps with 1 screen I can set things higher but with my triple setup it is a real disappointment.
4790k 1080ti, 75fps, v-Sync on, everyrhing high, foliage medium, and just switch virtual mirrow off not in graphics settings but in other menu ( do not remember now) and set mirroe quality to low and mirror resolution to high, and you are ready to play smoothly as hell, also in Rivatuner indicate frame to 72, do not ask why not to 75 it works wonders! I did not believed as one guy told me, but tested and this game is just getting better, ofcourse Kunos has to add more interesting career , multiplier and so on.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 59 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%