Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

Two times! Two times only I tried to join online racing in this title. Once when it was in EA and did not do it again. I experienced cars popping out of the ground like zombies coming out of the graves. No not joking, really. So I passed online racing during EA.

Then last week I tried to do it again, and it was better but not quite. We started like normal, 4 corners before start at Barcelona to do a rolling start. My engine did not start on time that I was in first gear but the engine's not reving. After my engine fired up to start moving, cars are already piling up on top of me from behind. I'm sure those drivers think like what an idiot I was. If only they know.

That's my little rant, single player is playable though. Similar to codemasters F1, nothing more.

For all the other complaints, they are just internet noise,
I cannot agree, complaining about not being able to save mid-game when it had been an announced feature and one bought the game because of this feature, is - in my opinion - legitimate. Mind you, I enjoy the game a lot as it is because it runs smoothly on my PC, but one cannot say it is good/complete, if one just compares what was announced to what was delivered. As I said earlier: still hoping they will deliver and hoping they will survive.

Last edited:
I don't know what's your problem guys that has a lot of game crashes. You must run the game with a 10 years old computer or idk what **** are you using.
But so far with 50 hours spent with this game, I only had 4 crashes. 2 at the early stage of early access, and 2 while trying to do a championship with 60 AI

I like ACC, even it's still running unsatisfying with all the issues and low performance in VR. Also i miss new Special Events since release and even with this update, no change! WTF is this? Are the next Special Events coming with ACC 2 or what is this all about? Player-numbers are dropping every day and they don't even bother to do a few minutes every month of work to change those Events that might lure people into launching the game again. Why no daily/weekly/monthly events like with other well-known titles?
You asked for them, and Kunos delivers, Season 2 of Special events starts today and will last till August 2nd.
Enjoy ;)

It took AC1 about three years to really gain consistently "high" user numbers, after many updates, lots of mod releases, various DLC packs and of course price drops. I think it's a bit unfair to compare them immediately. Also, ACC caters for a fairly niche market (which I wasn't interested in, but am now having played ACC), which will drop the userbase quite a lot anyway - single seaters, drifters, cruisers and modders aren't flocking over in droves because it's not that title.

I play it in VR, and whilst it's not perfect (and my 3 year old system is showing it's age), I still get a decent enough image at 45fps in multiplayer to race.

Some of the complaints are valid, but many are just petty entitled people that will be angry regardless of the state of the sim.

It took AC1 about three years to really gain consistently "high" user numbers, after many updates, lots of mod releases, various DLC packs and of course price drops.
I am not sure AC and ACC can be compared like that. People remained interested in AC also because of the variety (cars & tracks) in official DLC’s and (paid) modding. Modding won’t be possible with ACC, so it is up to KS to keep people interested in this game by releasing DLC and in the meanwhile improving/optimising the core game. But we have not seen anything official on DLC yet. In the meanwhile we have Sol and custom shaders on AC, which draws people back to that game. And then there is some fierce competition from other sims. I like ACC, but to be honest.. have not touched it anymore for more than 2 weeks, playing mostly rF2 and AC again.

Not that this article needs another comment, but here goes:

Regarding giving Kunos a chance to fix things in future patches, yes, I totally agree that it could happen. The problem I see is that the user base is dropping rapidly. So Kunos will have to weigh the benefits and costs of revamping a title that has 100 to 800 concurrent users. It's a harsh thought, but they may look at it strictly from a business standpoint and choose to cut their losses. Conversely, we did see AC1 get more popular over time thanks to ongoing improvements, so Kunos may see the potential in that approach as well. Time will tell.

Lastly, I think Kunos needs to be better at communicating to their supporters. The developers of rFactor 2, KartKraft and Project CARS 2 are all very vocal and interactive with both their supporters and detractors, and it would be nice to see Kunos adopt the same approach. Studio 397's monthly development updates are a great approach. Let's have Kunos do the same, and post public statements to the effect of "we hear the concerns the community has about [BUG / WEAKNESS], and we're working on a fix. We should begin beta testing on a new system next month." There are occasionally similar posts on their forums, but lately they've seemed more defensive than proactive.

I believe in Kunos and ACC, but at this point it would be great to have some reassurance from them that the future of ACC is bright.

• Deleted member 197115

First make sure you have the Steam VR Dashboard enabled in Steam VR settings
upload_2019-6-2_22-22-56-png.5556

For Xbox controller with the headset on and game started and you are in garage
1. Press long BACK button. On the Headset you will see the steam icon and a green circle filling up around it. When it is filled it is opening the Steam VR Dashboard
2. Now you have a screen with two parts. Up and down. The focus is on Upper screen. Press START and the focus change to Lower screen (to me works after few rapid presses because the focus it is changing back)
upload_2019-6-2_22-13-36-png.5555

3. With D-pad key navigate once down and then to the left and select the ON/OFF button. Press A
4. In the next screen first option is "Reset Seated Position". Select this option and press A
upload_2019-6-2_22-9-38-png.5553

This working for me every time from the beginning of VR in ACC
Here it is a video. It's on Russian and he enter the Settings. This never worked for me, but you can see the VR Dashboard
Edited (I forget to paste the link :) )
For Motion Controller (I didn't test this solution)
1. hold down the joystick on the handhold controller until the ring appears totally green and open the Steam VR Dashboard
2. Select the ON/OFF button
3. Select "Reset Seated Position"
Hope you will find my explanation easy to follow
Thanks. Will try next time I install ACC.
But damn, does it have to be that complicated? Why AC, PCars2, and rFactor2 just work.
And what about VR performance, are you in reprojection mode most of the times?

Totally forgot how much I paid for this during EA... IIRC $12.00? Anyways, regarding cutting loses, I think everybody should. Not just Kunos. Too much rant for a piece of game that costs like a few burgers or pizza. After getting a taste of bad pizza, just go to another shop or switch to burgers.

If it's great again, news will come out that it is. Then fire it up again. At the moment, time is better spent doing something else than ranting on a $12 game.

I am not sure AC and ACC can be compared like that. People remained interested in AC also because of the variety (cars & tracks) in official DLC’s and (paid) modding. Modding won’t be possible with ACC, so it is up to KS to keep people interested in this game by releasing DLC and in the meanwhile improving/optimising the core game. But we have not seen anything official on DLC yet. In the meanwhile we have Sol and custom shaders on AC, which draws people back to that game. And then there is some fierce competition from other sims. I like ACC, but to be honest.. have not touched it anymore for more than 2 weeks, playing mostly rF2 and AC again.
That's why I said they are different.
I haven't bothered with AC for months now (except to let step-son drive), and whilst Sol looks nice I just haven't needed it with ACC being out. rF2 and PC2 are consigned to the "not bothering for now as not realistic enough" bin for me for now. That might change in the future, so I will fire them both up now and again.

WTF happened to this world???

ACC is not THAT bad, and yet people are complaining like it's the worst sim racing title ever. Discussion is so polarised that it's not inviting anyone sensible to join it.
Yes, it's far from perfect, but it's also far from awful - nothing to make such dramas about. And yet people are boycotting the title, calling it 'completely dead' etc. Seriously?

Can we not have a civilised and constructive conversations here anymore?
To some people it might be the worst sim racing title ever, everyone's entitled to an opinion, be boring if we all liked the same things

Honestly though guys does it look good on your PC?
Maybe it's hardware restraint as I'm running a 34" ultrawide @ 2560x1080 on a 1050ti it just doesn't look great.

I'll look at a 1660ti or 2060. It just throws me as all other sims look pretty good.

The problem is "just doesn't look great" doesn't really tell us anything. You should really be more specific, or ideally post some kind of sample (probably outside of this horrible cesspool of a thread). It might be your 1050Ti is limiting your experience, or it might be something else.
I am running the 1660Ti, BTW. And upgrading from my previous 970 didn't really make that big of a difference, certainly not visually (but I'd say that's the case with most Unreal engine game, the difference between low settings and ultra settings is often not that big).

But it is also true the 1050Ti is not a great card.

we are here at RaceDepartment, we all love simracing. I have all the common simracing games and do not compare them. Kunos is a great team and gave us a great simulation with AC1. ACC is not perfect but it's a great new simulation that gives us a new level of GT racing. Kunos will also make ACC a great game that will give us a lot of pleasure. It is up to us that simracing grows and does not die. So stop the negative messages and look forward to the future.

Can you please post a guide on how to make menu appear in the center and navigate it with the mouse, I could pin menu to the HMD view by changing layout to 2 in config file or it would stick below floor permanently but mouse navigation is getting stuck on selections and some like Options or Start Race are just unaccessible unless I bind buttons for navigation on the wheel.
Also what are your settings, I am on i9-9900K with 1080Ti, both overclocked, can run AC maxed out with CSP and SOL at 90 fps, as well as "badly optimized" rFactor2, but this thing is just stutter fest, the only way to have it in VR is with permanently enabled reprojection. Is that how you make it work, if not, please share your secret so everyone can learn.
I didn't tamper with any settings outside the game except for resetting the viewing position via the WMR controller. I turned down a few graphic options (shadows, view distance, some others), upped the pixel density until it began to stutter and that's it. I'm not sure I run on reprojection, but I don't care, runs good enough (i5 3.5GHz, GTX 1070).

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%