News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Yep, how hard to just say "We are hoping for a July release" or something?

And don't assume delays mean it's gonna be better. Lots of games are delayed and are still under-par.

Until it's been out 6 months, had bug fixes, DLC added, and the mod packs, I won't be buying it...

This game is gonna have to earn a good score before I part with my cash. If everyone takes that stand point then maybe developers will start to treat potential customers with more respect?

Dave

And don't assume delays mean it's gonna be better. Lots of games are delayed and are still under-par.

Until it's been out 6 months, had bug fixes, DLC added, and the mod packs, I won't be buying it...

This game is gonna have to earn a good score before I part with my cash. If everyone takes that stand point then maybe developers will start to treat potential customers with more respect?

Dave

Software can be very complex and most times it is hard to estimate how long it will take to be ready as it needs to be extensively tested so that the client is sold something he/she can enjoy.

No release dates have been announced because simple they are not in a position to exactly know when they will be ready and thus they do not want to give false hopes to the client.

For me, it will come out when it comes out. Good things need time to be completed. And I am in no way offended by any developers. They are doing what they feel what is best for them and others. Who are we to judge this and that.

At times we expect too much and don't appreciate the hard work and long hours being put down so that one day we can enjoy something new.

And yes, I'll be the first one buying this game, straight away, no doubt. Whenever its ready.

Cheers

Dave

I could reply with something along the lines of "what a load of bollocks", but what would be the point? You do what you think you've got to do. I'd hazard a guess that no-one else really cares.

At the end of the day it's their decision when they release it. Their communication with us has been incredible and I'm sure we can all appreciate that (especially the modders). I trust their decisions about the features they are going to include, and to be honest I don't really care what else they add. I am satisfied already! Just the F40 and a few tracks would keep me happy for ages. :D For me this was a definite day 1 buy after my experience with netKar pro.

Communication has been excellent indeed. However the last two months the communication has dried up pretty rapidly compared to previous months/year.

Not complaining, silence probably means the guy are at work and extremely busy. Always a good thing :thumbsup:

And what kind of disrespect they showed? Released TP? Licenced Ferrari, Lotus, BMW? Stole your money? Abused you somehow?

Well,AC it's not the same deal when they announced it isn't it?
There are many decisions that are introduced later

Possible delays are speculated to be for financial reasons-deals
confirmed reason unknown...

It is definitely not bad to take your time and do everything right.
However when you miss a date after another while you make sure to overhype your content
instead of the informing your followers on the whole situation. It's frustrating...

Also announcing an announcement, really?

The best way to help modders is to release the tools...
so everyone interested can see what works and what not.

Needless to say this is my opinion you don't have to agree.

I disagree with the negative views here. I work in the 3D industry and I always miss deadlines or set dates which turn out to be wrong etc (is the norm(I hope)). People often set deadlines months in advance as they know it will prob run over. After a while you realize it's better to just crack on with it rather than offering date after date that changes as development changes.

Being a small team with limited resources delays are inevitable. I suspect when they are ready they will offer a more absolute date, which I'm hoping is soon.

In my opinion it would be better not to give any release date information before being sure that you can release the product on that given day.Naturally Im dissappointed for the delays but that dont prevent me buying AC when its finally released.
Adding more features can lead to buggier and incomplete product if release is rushed due to for example financial reasons or publisher pressure.

Communication has been excellent indeed. However the last two months the communication has dried up pretty rapidly compared to previous months/year.

Not complaining, silence probably means the guy are at work and extremely busy. Always a good thing :thumbsup:
I've seen in the past, as the community following development increases, developers communicate less and less. Mainly because the small community at the start is pretty positive and understanding, but as it gets larger there's a bigger ratio of 'complainers' and it becomes less beneficial for them to talk.

I have the impression, also from Marco's FB post, that they had some really good opportunities to work with some commercial third parties or maybe some race teams to implement AC as a professional tool lately.

This would also explain the lack of updates/screenshots..

A bit disappointing if this was true, but understandable seeing their need to finance the entire project.

I for one don't have any rush. Now you have 1 or 2 people complaining, if you set a release date and miss it, you have ten thousand people complaining here ;).

True. I'm used to putting up with the level of communication of the Gran Turismo series though (i.e. none), so perhaps my judgement is a little off. :laugh:

Well they exactly did that 2 times now (which is not bad) I think it would be better to give a date they can and will actually hold and it looks like they are trying to do that now (I don't think another date which is pushed back will be taken well from the community sadly, atleast the forums will go crazy :poop: ).

While I would rather drive AC now I understand that they are a really really really small team, they will release it when they feel it is ready. All the talk about how frustrating it is to wait won't change a thing, as I take it there is no "real" release date (official) right now so just wait and relax guys...

I imagine the TD had quite an impact on the team and I hope they take the right decisions from that...

PS.: I also think that all the people who are tired of waiting will be the first to buy anyway :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

One important and time consuming problem, for instance could be the FPS.

A lot of people were happy with the FPS they had in the TP, even it was 60 or 70, like I had on my 3,5 year old system.

But with the addition of AI cars, or MP cars, that 70 FPS could easily drop to 25 fps at the start of a race with a big grid. I can imagine they have to optimize the graphics engine a lot for that.

Although the TP felt pretty polished, I'm sure there are some big things going on under the hood.

One important and time consuming problem, for instance could be the FPS.

A lot of people were happy with the FPS they had in the TP, even it was 60 or 70, like I had on my 3,5 year old system.

But with the addition of AI cars, or MP cars, that 70 FPS could easily drop to 25 fps at the start of a race with a big grid. I can imagine they have to optimize the graphics engine a lot for that.

Although the TP felt pretty polished, I'm sure there are some big things going on under the hood.

yeah one of about 3 million things on their todo list, I guess :D. And that reminds me, we should bump the "beer for Kunos" thread again :p

I will be the first to eat my hat when it releases and is amazing in every way possible which I truly hope it will be. But as I've said before it's all too easy to get a raw deal from a developer.

Right now I can see amazing **potential** but it still feels like I'm looking at a sandbox.

Very little about what makes the sandbox and car/track selection into a game you play/enjoy/mod has been mentioned.

Dave

Its interesting in the last 2 or so years game companies have been more open whilst mid development and following on from that users have got to see more than they would have in the past.

Its still the case though that I think the general public don't understand the nature of software development and why its so easy for things to overrun.

On the development side there is no point giving people a date when you cannot know if you will stick to it. If you do give a date and then overwork trying to hit that date and then end up missing it you just end up needlessly burning yourself and your team out.

On the other side if you stick to that date and ship regardless you can end up releasing a product with issues that take longer to fix than if the game was still in closed development.

You will see large publisher owned companies will tend to hit dates more often than not , not because they are awesome at project management but because the people in-charge of the money could not give a ass about the quality so long as the game hits its projected sales. (after-all that is there job)

This game is clearly a Huge deal for kunos ( and simracing as a whole) So I'm sure they want to make sure when the game goes into the wild its ready for it.

Given that no other driving simulator gives the feeling of actual driving and what it is to balance a car at the limit bar a couple of cars and what kunos have produced with NKP and FVA then we should be happy for them to take as long as they feel it takes to get AC to the level they deem right.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%