News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

As with anything in life; if you find yourself getting tired of waiting for something - find something else to do in the meantime. Get re-acquainted with some older titles or focus on other things for a while - it just makes things so much easier.

Release dates should always be taken with a grain of salt. It's just the nature of the beast and I have so much more to do than time allows anyway. It's sometimes a great surprise to find that a much-anticipated title, mod, or update has just been released while I was busy with something else - priceless!

Guys calm down...

I guess all this frustration is happening because everyone believe that the game will be special and would like to see more informations, more gameplays, more licences and everyday statements from Kunos.

Give boys from Kunos a credit of trust.
They said they won't release modding tools until everything will be in a final state. Think Shadow Explorer - how frustrating would it be when you would make your (great) mod and you would end up remodding it all over again because of new tools and changes in the final version of the game.

We are making all the hype and unneeded pressure - some time ago I was clicking F5 whole day to check if there are any news on AC. And in the end that's not good because we all end up frustrated.
I'm sure Kunos just want to polish the game as much as they can and let them do it.

Instead of checking RD/Twitter/FB etc. just go to the cinema with wife/girlfriend, to pub for a beer(s) with friends, play some other games, read a book...

All those unfinished, beta-like games released, where fast cash is a priority - we all saw too much of this.
What Kunos is doing is a return of sanity in game industry.

@ betterstranger,
What you describe is not frustrating at all.
When you know a tool is being developed, you sort of work as a volunteer.
The most frustrating thing is that I can't work at all,so I don't know what to expect.

My time window is really small and things are getting more and more difficult for this project
half the reason is Kunos' false promises about release dates (they missed 3 already).

In early November I will have to serve in the army (its mandatory and definitely not something I'm looking forward to).This is the reason I can't wait.

Even If Ac is released tomorrow,I have no team to bring the machines to it once they are ready at least. I might not even be able to communicate things once it is out.

I already posted for help in AC forums,There might be help with sounds
but we need physics first,so again it is a dead end.
No responce otherwise.

So I'm very disappointed and tired of waiting.
The only reason that I'm partly interested in it, it's because we promised an AC release.
And somehow I want it to happen.

What makes it worse for me is that if they knew it would take more time to develop
they never informed anyone about it.

For now I'm working for GTR2 version.Since I really want to finish and drive some of them.

Being a small team with limited resources delays are inevitable. I suspect when they are ready they will offer a more absolute date, which I'm hoping is soon.

This, it's often hard to forget they are a tiny studio who also have to manage the project, budget, licences, testing, development, sponsorship, design etc etc.

Then these are people, who also have a life, family, children, commitments and problems of their own.

Watch Indie game the movie to get a taste of what small team studios have to go through. I'm as anxious to play the game as the next person, but I do try and put myself in their shoes and realise as good as the game looks it isn't a multi million dollar funded game with hundreds of resources which also have delays (cough Aliens CM was due in 2009 cough and turned out to be crap)

P.S Was there an outcome to their Steam Greenlight submission?

The only one in unfortunate situation was Phil Fish,but he created a masterpiece in the end.
He also got complains about missing releasing dates.

I can understand Phil the most out of any of the others the movie showcased.
if you ever played FEZ you will most likely understand why it took so long.
his level design is insane. personal difficulties aside.

Kunos releases information in a selective way.
they are happy to post you their new Mclaren model.
Do you know any official information about how the project runs... nope

So far judging from the information I know.

*AC will have DRM requires internet and like the Demo,will most likely come with limited installations. (Great way to show how much you respect your customers) - also the main reason for me not to buy it.

*Demo is some sort of a payware - I know, I know, noone cares because we know they need money for licences.So I understand this one and I'm definitely not against it.
But it is,what it is. If Activision or EA did the same I would like to see people's reaction.

Retail release is uncertain,as the Aim shifted to steam.
Deal with fanatec could be one of the reasons the release is postponed.
Announcing and announcement... because desperately trying to keep the hype.

AC is definitely not the same deal as it was.

I understand that most of you will not care about any those,And probably are willing to wait as long as it needs to be released

I respect that.and I can understand the reason,AC will most likely be one of the best sims
But please don't act as if everything is fine. It is clearly not and You don't have to stop loving AC because of it.

Some critique never hurts.

This is a chance for Kunos to establish itself as a bigger player in the sim market. Netkar, as good as it might be, never was a huge success commercially. Now Kunos are putting out a more well rounded sim with key licenses and hopefully cutting edge handling. They see the potential and have to go for it... which means being more aggressive with features for the initial release than they were first planning. Remember, many people won't stick with something if the initial release has issues. The hardcore will if the handling is right, but others won't.

So this is Kunos' chance and they have decided to go big the first time out with AC. Can anyone blame them? I understand some of us are disappointed. Some of us are frustrated. But for you it is a game you will play... for Kunos it is a product they have been working on for 3 years, sacrificing for and needing success with to pay the bills and hopefully get ahead a little in life. And their success means more titles/content for us in the future which, for me, gets me behind their decision to get it right on release.

In the end, no one from Kunos snuck over and shot your dog. All it is is a game release being delayed for a few months more. It happens all the time in the industry.

It is definitely their decision yes,indeed for choosing a certain path noone can blame them for that.
Their success will be determined by that,

I can blame them for not being true to what they promised though.
When you want people to mod your product,which means free content with no effort from your side. You have to at least inform your community better and faster on these matters...
Because your decisions also have an impact on them.

I'm hardly interested in any other new game
but just look at RF2, no matter what you think about their platform,They have the tools available
modders can see what works and what not,

Anyways I will stop repeating myself.I just wanted to post my thoughts about it.

I've only known about the game for a week, so I'm still tiptoeing around looking for details, ..... modding info would be highly appreciated.
So there's no info about track LODS textures, normal mapping etc ? If not I can stop looking and wait like everyone else. :)

It seems to me that people only retain Marco's words about some potential additional features being implemented in AC v1.0.

I tend to focus on the new oppportunities Marco refers to (car manufacturers, racing teams?) that may make AC become a side-product rather than their core-product, at least temporarily. I can imagine that the incomes resulting from such businesses are more predictable and the customer's feedback probably gets much less emotional than it is with the simracers community ;).

Basically, I just hope the guys at Kunos are just not too skilled not to find enough motivation in developing a product for the general audience but favour the cooperation with some professionals.
Now that I know what Kunos is capable of, I do not want to be left with pCars or Rf2 as only prospect.

*Demo is some sort of a payware - I know, I know, noone cares because we know they need money for licences.So I understand this one and I'm definitely not against it.
But it is,what it is. If Activision or EA did the same I would like to see people's reaction.

The Tech Demo is not the same as a demo of the full game, if there's going to be a demo of the finished product (like nkP had) it'd be for free. The Tech Demo is so they can check it works well on various hardware setups and get rid of that sort of bug before a release. Limiting it to nkP owners is sort of like a private beta, except they don't have to set up all-new keys and choose people. Bigger companies don't do this because they have hired enough testers and can just keep it all in-house. Plus they don't tend to release bug-free software anyway.

The Tech Demo is not the same as a demo of the full game, if there's going to be a demo of the finished product (like nkP had) it'd be for free. The Tech Demo is so they can check it works well on various hardware setups and get rid of that sort of bug before a release. Limiting it to nkP owners is sort of like a private beta, except they don't have to set up all-new keys and choose people. Bigger companies don't do this because they have hired enough testers and can just keep it all in-house. Plus they don't tend to release bug-free software anyway.

....and kunos could give it for free..it would be in their best interest to release it in the wild.
Since they would want as many as possible to try it. no?
Unlike other games, racing ones tend to need licenses.So if that helps them,they did well.

My point is people are willing to justify anything wrong a company does just because they like their product.
It is always easier to be a super mega fanboy of something. because the other super mega fanboys will agree and the rest will be haters.
This is why you have all those big companies pissing all over you,restricting you from the things you bought etc... as long as people can tolerate it nothing will change. ...
and as it seems smaller ones too.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%