News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Performance doesn't sound too bad but the resolution is quite small and the 570 still a fairly quick card. 17 cars isn't a huge grid either.

One thing I am hoping for is that the grid order will stay the same after a race restart. When I run a server in NetKar and there is a major pileup in T1, I will usually restart the race, but I feel bad when it randomizes the grid order and puts a P1 at the rear.

It would also be nice if half way through a qualifying session, if people want to skip to race, that the qualifying laps that did happen would affect grid order. Not sure if that also got thrown out in NetKar.

I hope the restart will not be allowed in AC, as it is in NKP. So, maybe, drivers who you have not understood that you cannot win in turn one and act as the race is a one lap race, will grow up and race properly, driving with caution in turn one on cold tyres in a tight pack.
my 2 cents.

I hope the restart will not be allowed in AC, as it is in NKP. So, maybe, drivers who you have not understood that you cannot win in turn one and act as the race is a one lap race, will grow up and race properly, driving with caution in turn one on cold tyres in a tight pack.
my 2 cents.

I don't think it's a good idea to take away the option. Not allowing a restart doesn't just punish the crazy T1 driver, but punishes the potentially safe drivers that are taken out by said crazy driver.

Also, if a race has just started and some new racers join the server, most people will want to restart the race and get those new people on the grid if the grid wasn't very full.

I understand your point and agree some good driver get caught, but what do you propose to do to prevent the not so smart driver to drive recklessly?
The idea is to have somehow realistic races, if we go your way, we might also remove damage, since it might not be your fault if you get wrecked, and so on, you get the point.
The heavier the penalty, the most chance we get a clean race.
And restart because someone is late for the start? really?

I understand your point and agree some good driver get caught, but what do you propose to do to prevent the not so smart driver to drive recklessly?
The idea is to have somehow realistic races, if we go your way, we might also remove damage, since it might not be your fault if you get wrecked, and so on, you get the point.
The heavier the penalty, the most chance we get a clean race.
And restart because someone is late for the start? really?
I am speaking about the casual public server side of things. You seem to be coming from the league side of things. Of course a restart is not necessary due to someone being late for a league race.

As for preventing reckless driving, as the admin I would just give a warning and if it happens again, remove the person from the server.

I am speaking about the casual public server side of things. You seem to be coming from the league side of things. Of course a restart is not necessary due to someone being late for a league race.

As for preventing reckless driving, as the admin I would just give a warning and if it happens again, remove the person from the server.

You are correct, I misunderstood what you wanted to achieve.
I like your idea about an admin beeing there to check on reckless driving, although easier said than done, just knowing it is there might already have an effect on less educated drivers.:thumbsup:

I am still waiting on the development team in the simracing industry that really shows balls and has a three strike and you are out system for reckless idiots.

If you get flagged three times for wrecking you can say bye bye to your online racing feature in your game and buy a new one.

I find it a shame that for the last six years we havent been able to host some proper racing on open servers as there is always a person that needs to mess up the field. We pay a large sum every month to pay for our game servers (besides the one for the site(s)) and I don't want to host race events for people that cannot respect any kind of racing rules. Its for me the most negative aspect of online racing.

Lets hope Kunos can make a difference and come up with an online lobby that does take care of wreckers and this combined with Steam you can have an awesome online racing environment for sure.

Edit: with misbehavior I mean the true idiots that turn their cars around on track to ram you off, people that wait a lap to take you out and such. Not racing incidents of course.

I am still waiting on the development team in the simracing industry that really shows balls and has a three strike and you are out system for reckless idiots.

If you get flagged three times for wrecking you can say bye bye to your online racing feature in your game and buy a new one.

Sadly, I can't ever see that happening. They reckless idiots make up a substantial percentile of copies sold and developers just can't afford that group of people to stop buying from them.

That's extremely harsh. I race fair and hate being rammed/pushed off track but I've made my share of honest mistakes (braking too late, not seeing a car in a blind-spot especially without triple screens etc) which from another perspective can appear to be malicious. Server bans after repeat offences maybe but locking out the whole game???

There is no way to do that. Who would even be deciding who's the wrecker and who's the wreckee, or if it was intentional or not. Equipment failure, someone at the door or on the phone, cat jumped on the desk... It's not like having a detectable cheat.

A simple counter would probably be better, and the ability to set your server to accept only people with crash percentages less than x.

Huh, that's quite hardcore hehe.

I think iRacings safety rating system is successful to a certain degree.
With a proper contact detection system it would be not that hard to realise something similar.

Also what would help is if this topic would be more pushed within the community.
For example with articles or kinda racing school like on iRacing again. Accidents or just mistakes and gentlemen moves should be discussed after races.

Its kinda hopeless to wait for a change if nobody does something for it. I'd sometimes love to do such things but then again I always feel like being a smartarse lol.

IMO :)

IRacings system is by far the best we have now. Yet there is substantial room for improvement in assigning the blame.

Do you guys think that can be done, technically, with AC?

From what i know from Kunos developers i think they dont believe so much in a punishing system for bad drivers ... i think its just not the way they believe simracing should be ... in nKP not even a server administrator can ban a driver ... so im not expecting much on this field for AC

Do you guys think that can be done, technically, with AC?
... we will have to wait and see ... but i hope trough modding tools we can build a costumized system for that ... it would be nice if somehow we can costumize a server anyway we want

They used to ban players from Battlefield 2 servers for being idiots. The same with Call Of Duty (the first one). In fact, I think they even had CD key bans for people.

I personally am not a fan of an automated detection system, just leave it up to a server admin to ban players via steam or via serial key etc.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%