News Assetto Corsa | Latest News

Hmm yeah, but why would they not (if Steam offers the possibility)?
Not sure how much extra work would be involved.
Anyway, the Steam workshop thing is just a repository of files, it'd still be up to you to download the mods required.

Still, mods would be fine (and practical), as you could probably get them elsewhere too.
But servers hosted through Steam would imply a mandatory Steam account for everyone.

They said that they would love to have the ring but that is all (there is currently no one to negotiate with, the ring is for sale and in all kinds of trouble), I don't think there is any chance to have it in the near future, i.e. v1.0... Maybe some day as DLC... You can check this thread there was a interview with Marco about it couple months ago...

The article doesn't state the complete v1.0 content. There are several cars missing which are already officially confirmed for v1.0...

Hey there,

Cheers for the reply. I knew the ring had difficulty recently, but I thought it was all settled? Anyway, in terms of Assetto Corsa itself, haven't we already seen a game convention video of AC with a track selection screen showing The Nordschliefe and a seperate VLN layout?

yes, but this doesn't change the fact that kunos had to put the nordschleife project on halt for now, as long as the ownership negotiations are not done, there can't be an official release

yes, but this doesn't change the fact that kunos had to put the nordschleife project on halt for now, as long as the ownership negotiations are not done, there can't be an official release

I hear you, however a couple of things;

Are all tracks in AC supposed to be laser scanned? If so, then was the Nords laser scanned for the early version they had in the game?

Secondly, how is Project CARS going to licence Nords if they haven't already if the track licence is up in the air? Surely they will have the same problem?

speaking of project cars, i think that most of the tracks come with fictional track names (and, but this only my humble opinion, are in parts recycled from earlier games)

as for laser scanned tracks, i think that all tracks which come with Assetto Corsa are laser scanned. i don't know if kunos used data which was already available or if they scanned the nordschleife all by them self (well since it is basically a public road, i wouldn't be too surprised). also don't forget that kunos has the nürburgring grand prix track.

Forgive me for continuing on this matter, but Gran Turismo 6 is due out within 4-6 months and that is bound to feature the Nords, so what happens there, I don't know what kind of licence agreement Polyphony has, but I wouldn't think they would be different from any other publisher / developer...?

Forgive me for continuing on this matter, but Gran Turismo 6 is due out within 4-6 months and that is bound to feature the Nords, so what happens there, I don't know what kind of licence agreement Polyphony has, but I wouldn't think they would be different from any other publisher / developer...?

Polyphony has millions of dollars to do what they want, basicly... :)

Secondly, how is Project CARS going to licence Nords if they haven't already if the track licence is up in the air? Surely they will have the same problem?

Isn't it called Eiffel track or something (I gave up on pCars quite some time ago :))? All that stuff is not officially licensed and therefore all fictional. It is just a coincidence that is looks like the Nordschleife :D

Dennis P. said:
from the Gamermag Interview that was posted on AC Facebook page:

Gamemag: Fans are wondering if there will be a reproduction of the Nordschleife in LaserScan. We know it's a huge effort, but we believe that it would be an incentive impressive. Many fans of simulators scaricherebbero Assetto Corsa only ride on this historic circuit. We are planning to add the Nordschleife?

Marco Massarutto: I wish I could answer that depend entirely on the sales Assetto Corsa will, because the will is there for us all. However, last week the Nordschleife was officially and finally put up for auction for the problems of insolvency of the company management. The first result is that today, there is no partner with which to address these rights, the second is that much will depend on the availability and the economic demands of the new owners, if and when there will be. Whereas under normal circumstances a licensing agreement can take months so you can feel finalized, in the case of Nordschleife I have not given up hope, but to make short-term forecasts yes yes.

This is as official as it gets on were it stands right now, maybe they will surprise us but I doubt it... Just as a follow up the situation around the ring is far from settled... They have debts in the region of 500 million euro...

more discussions about it here... kinda drifts to laserscan technology though :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/nordschleife-laserscanned.65192/

However if the problem is that there is no one to negotiate with regarding the licence as the ring is up for sale, how can they have the Nurburgring GP but not the Nordschliefe. Doesn't make sense.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 436 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 271 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 290 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 27.0%
Back