Atlanta Speedway 1910

Tracks Atlanta Speedway 1910 1.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Fourty-Too! submitted a new resource:

Atlanta Speedway 1910 - Historic Dirt Superspeedway

IMPORTANT NOTES/KNOWN ISSUES:

1. CSP is needed for GrassFX, Tiling Fix, RainFX, and other CSP adjustments. Will work just fine without it as well.
  2. I have separated the spectators into their own KN5 file, so if you’re someone who likes racing without spectators, you can easily delete or rename “spectators.kn5” to get rid of them.
  3. There’s an issue with SkidmarksFX for low-dust dirt surfaces. The Atlanta Speedway track surface was heavily oiled specifically to reduce dust...

Read more about this resource...

I've found a bug.
On the 2nd bend, the inner guardrail is partly invisible.
It can be seen in the screenshot in Overview.
Or maybe a guardrail was never meant to be there, but you collide with an invisible guardrail.

Last edited:
I've found a bug.
On the 2nd bend, the inner guardrail is partly invisible.
It can be seen in the screenshot in Overview.
Or maybe a guardrail was never meant to be there, but you collide with an invisible guardrail.
I don't know what you mean by this—I don't see any issue in the overview screenshot? Could you provide a screenshot of your own to show what the issue is?

Something seems to have gone wrong with the sections file.
This would be correct:
-------------------------------
[SECTION_0]
IN=0.001
OUT=0.153
TEXT=Front Straight

[SECTION_1]
IN=0.155
OUT=0.418
TEXT=South Curve

[SECTION_2]
IN=0.420
OUT=0.647
TEXT=Back Straight

[SECTION_3]
IN=0.650
OUT=0.914
TEXT=North Curve

[SECTION_4]
IN=0.917
OUT=0.999
TEXT=Front Straight

--------------------------------
Cool track btw :)

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean by this—I don't see any issue in the overview screenshot? Could you provide a screenshot of your own to show what the issue is?
Forget what i said, i made a mistake.
What i thought was an invisible guardrail was actually the inside bump of the north curve.
When you hit it at a shallow angle, it feels like hitting a guardrail.

Anyways track is great fun, especially with the W25! ^^
tinywow_20230312-062605-Atlanta Speedway 1910-1934 Mercedes_16148955.jpg

Something seems to have gone wrong with the sections file.
This would be correct:
-------------------------------
[SECTION_0]
IN=0.001
OUT=0.153
TEXT=Front Straight

[SECTION_1]
IN=0.155
OUT=0.418
TEXT=South Curve

[SECTION_2]
IN=0.420
OUT=0.647
TEXT=Back Straight

[SECTION_3]
IN=0.650
OUT=0.914
TEXT=North Curve

[SECTION_4]
IN=0.917
OUT=0.999
TEXT=Front Straight

--------------------------------
Cool track btw :)
Good catch!

Last edited:
A track for people who didn't find Langhorne crazy enough.

Thought this was one big weird leg pull, but sure enough, apparently the airport was built on the site of the racetrack.

I'm guessing you'd need one of them 800 hp Pike Peaks cars to have action less sublime than with the Model T.

Last edited:
A track for people who didn't find Langhorne crazy enough.

Thought this was one big weird leg pull, but sure enough, apparently the airport was built on the site of the racetrack.

I'm guessing you'd need one of them 800 hp Pike Peaks cars to have action less sublime than with the Model T.
Yep—initially it was just a small regional airport in the infield, so for a time at least the track still stood dormant while the airport was open (even into the 1920s, I believe). Eventually of course the airport expanded and they demolished the circuit in the process. As ridiculous as it might sound, race tracks getting demolished to make way for airports was more common than you might think—Mines Field and Tacoma Speedway were two other circuits demolished to build an airport I can think of off the top of my head, and there are likely quite a few more.

Are there any cars on here that would go good with this track? If you could please point me in the right direction.
I've mostly taken HSS cars around the track—I've particularly enjoyed taking the 1906 Renault AK Grand Prix and the 1916 Ford Model T Racer around the circuit, but any of the pre-war cars should work quite well

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 4 36.4%
Back