Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

You no me guys anything retro and i like but these are tricky cars to drive, but a great challenge all the same.
once again defiantly not the fastest on track but driving within my limits keeping it safe.
getting in the 29's was my goal and i got there :)
had great fun in the races lots of
pressure from behind from behind.
After a rocket start and jumping into 2nd, and trying to keep up with Lewis, and slowly being caught by the car behind.
tried to keep it safe and finish which i did in 2nd place. lucky to say the least but it was about the racing not where i finished.. that was great fun.

Race 2 reverse grid.
At the start i was not sure whether i hit a car of the line. (looking at the replay later i did clip the rear wheel,) dont know if he stalled or was waiting for the pack to go by either way it was time to stop and wait , Sven got going and came bye before the first corner.
And off we sett after the pack a good few seconds up the road, i could just keep up with Sven but not gain any ground but we were gaining on the group ahead so at some point we would get there, Sven had a spin which left me alone but still closing and as the laps rolled bye i was getting back in
amongst the action. the odd incident here and there and i was still keeping it steady.
with a lap to go i got into 4rth and thats were it finished..

So now the bit i don't like..
we all race and try to race fair. but i don't want to see in the chat the comments i saw towards another driver please,
you are now part of a club not a public server.
if you have a problem with a driver try and sort it out after the race, by pm not in the forum. no post race finger pointing please
not only is the chat in game off putting to other drivers its something at RD we don't do in a race. control it or don't race in the club.

if you still feel
grieved after trying to sort it out after the race (ie the chat in the pm did not resolve the issue)
you can make a little vid of the incident send it to me and the staff will review it. and make a
decision.
full details of the rules can be found HERE

Now all remember this is club racing, and we do it for fun there are no points to be gained no big trophy to be won just a great night of racing with friends, the
position you finish is not as important as the race you have.
all that matters is the car in front and the car behind, Some of the best races ive had have been mid to back of the pack, never a dull moment, its nice to win dont get me wrong but 20 mins of hot lapping on your own, id rather be mid pack were the action is...

See you all next time i hope..
thanks for the great racing..:)

These cars was/is tricky to drive but very funny as well. I had a great time last night. Thanks guys.
In the start of the 2nd race my engine stalled so I was hit from behind because as for sure all drivers expected that everyone did press their throttle and letting the clutch up but not me............I forgot to press my throttle enough.
The driver who hit me was Rupe and he was waiting for me (which was not necessary) and we carried on. A real getleman gesture - nice. :thumbsup:
After a couple of laps I was to Heavy on the throttle in one corner and my back en was visiting my front end (how that now is possible) and could not stop the spinn so I Went into the wall. My front wing Went off so I had to visit the pit. The guys in the pit where furious for my bad driving but finally mounted the front wing and off I go.
Far too behind the other drivers I was happy to finish the race anyway.
See you time. :)

In the warm up before the race it was mentioned in the chat by a kind driver :thumbsup::thumbsup: that these cars do have a launch control just like the mini has..
i did add this to the post this morning for next time so i dont forget and all other drivers see it..
Don't forget the Formula Retro have launch control, assign a button to it
  1. On the start line push the button and hold it (you will see it engages 1st gear)
  2. Press the gas to the max
  3. Wait for the start and release the button and your off. Zooooom away
  4. change to 2nd gear as normal and carry on up the gear box

Its a street circuit and if driven correctly can be fun, but care will be needed when driving it.
no last of the late brakers into the chicanes and if your not full along side by the time the car in front is turning in you don't have the right to stuff it up the inside.
There will be no barging your way through the pack when there is no gap to go though.
Any body doing this will find them selves racing on there own for a while.
This is a club event and fun is the key to success.

I will be the first to admit its a hard track to pass on and you may just end up defending your position and waiting for a chance to attack.
each kind of track offers a different style of racing and as we want to use all the tracks lets get use to this style of racing..
the kurbs are high so don't ride them pain and simple,
beware of the chicane's single file is the key to getting through safely..
Back marker or cars that are getting lapped hold you line do not weave to get out of the way drive through a chicane as you normally would and lift of the gas on the straight to let guys by.
guy that are lapping cars you have to pull out to go round the car your lapping, don't drive right up his bumper. pull out in time to let the guy see you on his side and he can lift of the gas to assist you in getting by.
you may have to wait till the exit of a chicane before you can overtake a car, don't expect them to get out the way mid corner.

lets try and have a good race above all its should be fun for all..

Last edited:
I will agree it going to be a tricky track but i like a challenge..

as i posted in the mini thread.
That's the idea of running the mini first for this track so we have a chance to get used to it

Its a street circuit and if driven correctly can be fun, but care will be needed when driving it.
no last of the late brakers into the chicanes and if your not full along side by the time the car in front is turning in you don't have the right to stuff it up the inside.
There will be no barging your way through the pack when there is no gap to go though.
Any body doing this will find them selves racing on there own for a while.
This is a club event and fun is the key to success.

I will be the first to admit its a hard track to pass on and you may just end up defending your position and waiting for a chance to attack.
each kind of track offers a different style of racing and as we want to use all the tracks lets get use to this style of racing..
the kurbs are high so don't ride them pain and simple,
beware of the chicane's single file is the key to getting through safely..
Back marker or cars that are getting lapped hold you line do not weave to get out of the way drive through a chicane as you normally would and lift of the gas on the straight to let guys by.
guy that are lapping cars you have to pull out to go round the car your lapping, don't drive right up his bumper. pull out in time to let the guy see you on his side and he can lift of the gas to assist you in getting by.
you may have to wait till the exit of a chicane before you can overtake a car, don't expect them to get out the way mid corner.

lets try and have a good race above all its should be fun for all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 51 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%