PC1 Banned for no reason!

That's cool, and it should be cool when I say that they need improving, yet everytime I do, there's always someone claiming I'm wrong, insane, can't drive etc, yet you and most people at Vlr and WMD actually agree with me, so why does this drama exist...?

That's actually a valid question, but the responses you've had in the past depend on the context of the game as it existed at that point. There were times when the FFB was crap, or the physics was weird, and other times where they had experimented with different methods that were really quite good. Apparently people disagreed with your opinion at those points in time.

I've tended not to put too much stock in the physics and FFB because SMS has never said "we're done, moving on to this next time". It's always been WIP - and sometimes WIP good, sometimes WIP not so good.

I'll boil it all down into simple terms. WMD was never designed to be a customer forum, or a typical internet forum where lots of crap gets thrown around. Style and presentation mean a lot there, and that's just how it is. When people get tagged as being jerks in their opinions about the way the game is being developed, they'll get some hostility for it. I've always said that anyone can say just about anything they want on WMD if they just do it the right way. Some people simply don't know the right way to do it. I'm not saying that's you in particular, but that's why some people are no longer welcome there.

It's also the utter relentlessness of the abuse that sets WMD members off, which includes out right lies, innuendo, accusations, and every other childish sort of behavior imaginable. I don't care if somebody doesn't like the game.. they can go show interest in something else that suits them... but if you (in the general sense) or going to continually bag on our product, then we're going to push back. It has clearly become maniac to some people, and I don't understand that, especially considering it has a long way to go before release.

Wow, yet another blatant troll post. And no way is it a "triple A title" lol. :roflmao: It's Shift 3 in all but name. You are in it for the money and nothing else. You couldn't care less if the game was as good as Outrun or not. As long as you can publicise it as much as possible for your return is all you and many others care about. I'm not bothered about you though, we have a good laugh about WMD investors like you. We find it quite comical.

Ah. you understand my motives. You find it comical that I'm going to make a large pile of cash. Great.

But here's the thing. The way we're going to make a large pile of cash is by making a good game. That's what we're focused on. The money is simply the reward for the effort. I happen to like racing sims, and so I'm working with SMS to make a great one. If it were Shift 3 - that's a triple A title by definition. You have any idea how many units and how much money was made by the Shift games?

At the end of the day.. when pCARS ships.. you'll have nothing but your bitterness, whereas I'll have a very good sim to enjoy, and very large wire transfers hitting my bank account on a regular basis. You can laugh at me for that, but doesn't that seem just a wee bit absurd?

Oh.. and you know what else? I'm going to do it again with SMS. We're going to have fun making another game, and we're going to ship a good one, and we're going to have piles of cash stuffed into our bank accounts.

And all of this is because Ian Bell gave me the opportunity to get involved. There hasn't been a single thing he's done that hasn't been for the betterment of the community, nor the possibility of some of us getting into very serious game financing, where before that door was closed off by publishers.

So have your laugh. We'll post pictures here when we have the 1 million units shipped party in London next year.

Wow, yet another blatant troll post. And no way is it a "triple A title" lol. :roflmao: It's Shift 3 in all but name. You are in it for the money and nothing else. You couldn't care less if the game was as good as Outrun or not. As long as you can publicise it as much as possible for your return is all you and many others care about. I'm not bothered about you though, we have a good laugh about WMD investors like you. We find it quite comical.

How is he trolling? Usually trolls don't post long winded multi paragraph replies. You could be seen as trolling too, can you not? As with all of us for constantly reading and replying? Trolling is just another internet term made up because people couldnt think of anything else to say. Kind of like fanboy. There should be a term for the people opposing the fanboy because they are just as narrow minded and unreasonablte about their own views. Maybe we'll call it wankboy. Everyone in here is a troll/fanboy on some occasion or the other.

Anyways, here lies the problem right here with what andy just posted. You can tell from his use of "you are" and "you couldnt care less" "as long as you CAN publicize it" and "your return is all you and many others care about" that he preaches his beliefs as truth even though he doesnt have a clue about the truth. This is the kind of stuff that doesnt help debates at all. Instead andy thinks he's a know it all and tries to put this stuff down as gospel. You are entitled your opinions and conspriacies andy, but it sure as hell "aint the truth"

Ah. you understand my motives. You find it comical that I'm going to make a large pile of cash. Great.

But here's the thing. The way we're going to make a large pile of cash is by making a good game. That's what we're focused on. The money is simply the reward for the effort. I happen to like racing sims, and so I'm working with SMS to make a great one. If it were Shift 3 - that's a triple A title by definition. You have any idea how many units and how much money was made by the Shift games?

At the end of the day.. when pCARS ships.. you'll have nothing but your bitterness, whereas I'll have a very good sim to enjoy, and very large wire transfers hitting my bank account on a regular basis. You can laugh at me for that, but doesn't that seem just a wee bit absurd?

Oh.. and you know what else? I'm going to do it again with SMS. We're going to have fun making another game, and we're going to ship a good one, and we're going to have piles of cash stuffed into our bank accounts.

And all of this is because Ian Bell gave me the opportunity to get involved. There hasn't been a single thing he's done that hasn't been for the betterment of the community, nor the possibility of some of us getting into very serious game financing, where before that door was closed off by publishers.

So have your laugh. We'll post pictures here when we have the 1 million units shipped party in London next year.

If you are here as an ambassador of WMD, you are not helping any by throwing around how much cash you will make. These guys here dont care about cash, they want a good driving game. You are working on a game, not making a hip hop album, you should be more professional :)

What do you think is the point of him being employed by SMS?

Wait... you actually think that they employ me to "control" VirtualR?

Okay, I'm lost for words, you`re obviously insane. In what fanatasy world are you living please? How can you convince yourself of that is beyond me... there's like 2-3 pCARS stories a week and the rest of the content actually promotes the competition.... how is that controlling anything? There's so many holes in that theory of yours...

All this does is show your ignorance, you hate pCARS and yet you know nothing about it. For starters, you have no idea what I actually do at SMS, you would know if you would have tried pCARS... this tells me you didn't and that makes all of your criticism invalid since you have absolutely no idea what you`re talking about.

If you wouldn't be so blinded by hate you would realize that the fact that I continue to run VirtualR while working for SMS actually speaks volumes about them. They would have every right to ask me to stop running the site while working for them, I'm pretty sure that most other companies would request just that.

But instead for giving them respect for being gracious and willing to support the community as a whole, you come up with these weird theories that every five year old can prove wrong.

If you are here as an ambassador of WMD, you are not helping any by throwing around how much cash you will make. These guys here dont care about cash, they want a good driving game. You are working on a game, not making a hip hop album, you should be more professional :)

What did I say about how your make piles of cash? Here.. let me quote myself.

But here's the thing. The way we're going to make a large pile of cash is by making a good game. That's what we're focused on. The money is simply the reward for the effort.

Why would I need to be more "professional" to somebody who is completely making up his interpretation of my "motives", and being an all around jerk? I don't work for SMS, I own a piece of pCARS. I don't care how that makes me look to anyone else when I raise the pimp hand to some jagoff that is getting up in my grill.

Apparently what I write on WMD and other forums moves the entire sim community. Such power in my keyboard!

Go find another triple A title where you're going to get weekly (or in my case daily) builds to test and a direct line to the devs. Heck, I have Ian Bell's phone number.

Everyone that got booted deserved it and as far as I'm concerned, they matter not. We're trying to get the best game possible made. 99% of the people involved get that.

Thats the trouble right there. You are not trying to get the best game possible made. You are trying to make as much money as possible. A big difference. You are a disgrace to Race simulation software and so are SMS now. Sold out to console arcade happyness and mass marketing. You make your big bucks, it matters not one jot to me, but please, don't call this pathetic excuse of a simulation a Triple A title.

I don't care how that makes me look to anyone else when I raise the pimp hand to some jagoff that is getting up in my grill.
Apparently what I write on WMD and other forums moves the entire sim community. Such power in my keyboard!

You are there worst ambassador and that is in no doubt. :rolleyes:

You are a disgrace to Race simulation software and so are SMS now. Sold out to console arcade happyness and mass marketing.

I'll bet you look great in skinny jeans and black rimmed glasses. How does your PBR taste, hipster?

1. Make a sim = good.
2. Make a sim that is also on consoles with traction control for those without sim rigs = bad.

Got it.

I'll bet you look great in skinny jeans and black rimmed glasses. How does your PBR taste, hipster?

1. Make a sim = good.
2. Make a sim that is also on consoles with traction control for those without sim rigs = bad.

Got it.

What? Are you insulting me?

There hasn't been a single thing he's done that hasn't been for the betterment of the community, nor the possibility of some of us getting into very serious game financing, where before that door was closed off by publishers.

LOL:roflmao: You have become the publishers. Money money money. Money and profit before quality and sim.

Have to say I think this guy who came on here from WMD (if indeed he is from there) is really rather arrogant and not at all a great ambassador for any software company I would give money to.

I have to admit I think he might not be who he says he is as seriously if my boss caought me dissing possible customers like this I would espect to be serverly disciplined.

Which either means:

a) Bell is happy with this kind of thing in which case he will get what he deserves.

b)This guy is an imposter from their forum or another trying to stir up rubbish yet again.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 444 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 277 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 295 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 26.9%
Back