PC1 Banned for no reason!

I don't think anybody is tricked into any form of investment. Everybody makes their own choice when they purchase a product. Also SMS have stated before that if you don't like it you can get a refund right? Then there isn't much to complain.

However lets be honest a full blown sim has been promised to us by an SMS employee posting here in the past and also on various other occassions it was said that pCARS would be a full sim.

See this thread and count the words "full sim" http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/project-cars-pre-release-thread.31905/
- Mhh, might be :)

That wasn't my main point though. I kinda agreed with what Daz Webb said. It's never supposed to be that "ultimate sim". There were evidence about what he said ("racing game for the masses", and so on), just not in the quoted article (maybe between the lines? But, I don't see it)

- I can't really judge their intentions. Could be they wanted and still want to create that some day. Could be it's just marketing. Could be they got a different definition of "full" sim, it's either about features, vehicle dynamics or both.

As I said many of these happy investors who never complain will get what they asked for in the end, a nice, accessible, multiplatform racing game.

Just say the same thing I always say. People are up in arms about not being delivered the best "sim" and being lied to, despite fully knowing the game is still mid development.

Why this thread got reopened I don't know, and why it hasn't been closed I honestly don't know. All this is... is a turd throwing, toys out of the pram, trollfest of a thread. Why is it only on these forums do I see this kind of nonsense over this game? The above post by Farrel Hudjik (sorry to single out) is just ridiculous, I would expect better from my 14 year old nephew, how can you expect someone to take you seriously if you post like that?

Just say the same thing I always say. People are up in arms about not being delivered the best "sim" and being lied to, despite fully knowing the game is still mid development.

Why this thread got reopened I don't know, and why it hasn't been closed I honestly don't know. All this is... is a turd throwing, toys out of the pram, trollfest of a thread. Why is it only on these forums do I see this kind of nonsense over this game? The above post by Farrel Hudjik (sorry to single out) is just ridiculous, I would expect better from my 14 year old nephew, how can you expect someone to take you seriously if you post like that?
Why are you here, it must be very interesting here.
Or you're just feeding the trolls.
Look in the mirror, you're part of it.

We know the cycle is gonna take longer then 12 month's. Hell FM 1, 2, 3, 4, up till when I die FM50 all took more then a year to create. Bell must be a rich man with a 1000 team developer group.
They all took around 2 years, and are build and improved on each other to a large extend. I agree mentioning 12 month does look ridiculous, however, at least 12 month can mean everything from 12 month up to 10 years (or more) .

The above post by Farrel Hudjik (sorry to single out) is just ridiculous, I would expect better from my 14 year old nephew, how can you expect someone to take you seriously if you post like that?
The Mario Kart thingy? It's an interesting analogy. I can think of a lot of racing games with a less advanced physics engine then pCars though. On the other hand MKs development is based around pure accessibility and casual fun.

Why are you here, it must be very interesting here.
Or you're just feeding the trolls.
Look in the mirror, you're part of it.

I've been a member here for a while and I've never seen this type of thread before, I find it quite ridiculous. I post on a number of forums, sim racing, general-gaming, mountain biking and guitar forums, and never have I seen a thread so full of trolling.

Most of the forums I visit would have not only locked the thread a long time ago but also infracted/banned members for trolling. I like these forums and I like the sim racing discussion and racing that goes on here, but this thread is really making me think twice about that.

Because it isn't a discussion, it is just a bunch of grown adults acting like children. I am someone who likes pCARS but it certaintly aint perfect, I can fully understand if some people have issues with it or may not like it, but this thread isn't about issues with pCARS, its just about people having a slagging off match at each other.

This thread was specifically made by a user who just wanted to cause a fuss, the whole thread title is about a user who got banned and then threw his toys out of the pram. What purpose does this thread serve other than to allow people insult each other?

I I seen a thread so full of trolling.

What purpose does this thread serve other than to allow people insult each other?

It serves a purpose to highlight the way WMD investors and it's sponsors troll forums to discredit people. You are trolling yourself by intimating that we are trolls. You are probably more guilty than many others. You need not read nor reply to this thread but you do and you type in a manner that will affect a response. Is that not trolling for no other reason than you can and want to cause trouble?
;)

In the same sense that non investors troll the forum to discredit SMS and PCARS. It goes both ways. Whenever anyone posts anything positive about pcars, some of you are waiting to pounce about how shift like it is and how poor the physics are and how they must not know real sims and yada yada yada. Both sides are to blame here. You need not read nor reply either andy, but you always do and you post in a manner that warrants replies as well. :rolleyes:

What purpose does this thread serve other than to allow people insult each other?

The childish flaming is a distraction from the legitimate concerns raised over the marketing practises and technical direction taken by SMS in regards to Project CARS. To say nothing of their attack dogs being accountable for, at minimum, 50% of the blame for the trolling and flaming in this thread. What other company permits this type of behavior from its employees and investors? Just tell me that.

The childish flaming is a distraction from the legitimate concerns raised over the marketing practises and technical direction taken by SMS in regards to Project CARS. To say nothing of their attack dogs being accountable for, at minimum, 50% of the blame for the trolling and flaming in this thread. What other company permits this type of behavior from its employees and investors? Just tell me that.

While I agree most companies wouldnt allow this kind of stuff from their investors, they are in new territory for this kind of business. I'm sure that people will learn from the downfalls of mass developed media as time goes on and eventually fine tune something that works well. This thread will go on and on though because nobody is going to ease off from either side. It's like arguing against government though, you may not like the way it's run, but you cant do anything about it. If you keep arguing against it though, you kind of sound redundant and it gets old after a time. While pcars moves forward and on with it's life, some people are still stuck in the past arguing the same old points and it can come off childish. While this is a forum for discussion, it gets very petty at times. If you feel SMS is the big bad evil empire, thats fine, but are you going to argue the same points forever?

It serves a purpose to highlight the way WMD investors and it's sponsors troll forums to discredit people. You are trolling yourself by intimating that we are trolls. You are probably more guilty than many others. You need not read nor reply to this thread but you do and you type in a manner that will affect a response. Is that not trolling for no other reason than you can and want to cause trouble?
;)

I'm not trying to cause trouble, I'm trying to get people to put away their pitch forks and be nice, take away the emotion and replace it with calm, collected logic and then discuss. This discussion is the stereotypical "haters/fanboy" type discussion, but why does it need to be that? Those discussions never go anywhere.

I've seen this game discussed about in both positive and negative lights elsewhere, but in none of those discussions is it an insult contest where the aim of the post is to use what you say to attack others and/or their view/opinion.

There is a difference between trolling and "white knighting" which when I read back is something my posts might come across as, and I appolagise for being overly "pushy" with it. However, If this thread had been on another forum it would have been locked, I and the other posters would be like "damn but I wanted to reply to that", but then we would just move on and the forum would be a better and happier place for it.

If a thread gets to the point where people are disagreeing to the point of attacking/insulting each other with posts then it is usually best to lock it and move on, it's better for the health of the forums. The first post after this got unlocked was an insulting troll post, the first post. Some people appear to have some kind of personal agenda against the developers of this game and are in no way interested in being reasonable about it.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%