ACC Blancpain GT @ Monza - Thursday 9th January 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
I did some preparation for tomorrow's race. :D I would normally just pick the Porsche (other than the career events, I haven't really driven any of the other cars), but thought I would see which car is actually the fastest around Monza.

Mode: hotlap
Setup: aggressive setup (brake pads changed to 4)
Aids: pro (+ car specific stock TC and ABS settings)
5 timed laps each

I drove the cars in alphabetical order. These are their respective times and the number of valid laps I achieved (I tried to push, so some laps were invalid).

1578520717174.png

I was quite surprised to see that most of the cars are more or less on the same pace! Note that I hadn't driven most of them (well, basically none of them except for the Porsche and Lamborghini) prior to this test.

General observations:
- The Mercedes is definitely OP.
- The Audi is fast, but twitchy (because of the shorter wheelbase?)
- The BMW's powerband is super short?
- I was actually positively surprised by the Lexus!
- The Porsche is horrendous to drive in stock setup. :roflmao:

An evening well spend. :)

One more day to decide which car I will pick. :rolleyes:

I was quite surprised to see that most of the cars are more or less on the same pace! Note that I hadn't driven most of them (well, basically none of them except for the Porsche and Lamborghini) prior to this test.
Usually it comes down to driver preference, BOP is very good in this game although the merc is known for achieving quite high speeds.

Also there are 24 car models available, why haven't you done all 24? :p

Usually it comes down to driver preference, BOP is very good in this game although the merc is known for achieving quite high speeds.

Also there are 24 car models available, why haven't you done all 24? :p
I selected the official cars of the 2019 season? These were all the cars (+ Jaguar + 720S) that are listed? :O_o:

Sign me up please.

I'll be in my standard Fezz.

The Merc is the clear favourite in real terms. As long as it can block in the lesmos, it's impossible to pass, and if you do manage to get close at the last corner, it will just blast past again on the straight.

It's always a challenge to see if I can get past the fast guys if they drive them.

Last edited:
The other solution is to do a manual warm up lap before the start of race 2 and have everybody switch positions. First place drops to last, second place to second to last, etc.
I've done this when I was hosting AC years ago and it is always a mess. To achieve this everybody needs to be on teamspeak and your tyres will be ice. Not going to do that. ;) I will have to take a look if I can find any information today again, previous searches ended up with nothing, otherwise it is just going to be experimentation this and next week to test behaviour of ACC

This will be my first race online in ACC so I have some questions:
1. I don't get what brake stages do? what 1 to 5 means?
2. how does the brake duct affects the performance?

This will be my first race online in ACC so I have some questions:
1. I don't get what brake stages do? what 1 to 5 means?
2. how does the brake duct affects the performance?
I am not sure what you mean with brake stages. If you mean the brake discs options:
1) Good braking Approx 3-4 hours of braking then worn out
2) Medium Braking, approx 12 hours of braking then worn out
3) Worst Braking, 24 hours of using the brake discs
4) Best braking, worn out in 1 hour :)

Brake Ducts are air intake. Further open = more air intake = cooler brakes/tyres (and lower tyre pressures) and lower topspeed (more drag)
Closing them heats up your Brakes, tyres and increases your topspeed.
Fully close the brake ducts and I guarantee you within one lap you will have overheating brakes. I usually go quali on ducts 2 and race on 3/4 depending on your setup. (Although with the long straights at Monza, I personally suggest racing with them on 3, and test in practice if quali on 1 is possible)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 251 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 197 27.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 138 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.5%