BLM Lights

Apps BLM Lights 1.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
How do I use this mod? Where do i put pre made patches? There's no document and howtos here
As an end user you just enable what you need, as a developer this is mainly a user interface for the shaders lights patch. You can find all the documentation on how to create tracks lights on the discord channel

As an end user you just enable what you need, as a developer this is mainly a user interface for the shaders lights patch. You can find all the documentation on how to create tracks lights on the discord channel

Yes I'm an end user, but I'm also a new user.. I don't know where to put the pre-made patches/.ini files that I find on the Discord.. Where do I put them? For example if I find a light source .ini file for Spa, where do I put the file in order for it to load?

Blamer updated BLM Lights with a new update entry:

Added switch for general lights brightness

In order to use the app you need to have installed at least Lights Shaders Patch v0.1.23-preview81

• ver. 1.4.5
    • Added switch for general lights brightness
compact_gui.png
...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

I just can not get the app up and running.
Where do I have to unzip the file in the Zip folder?

I have already tried it in the main directory of Assetto Corsa and also in the subfolder mods / shaders lights patch but every time I click on drive in CM, the race is aborted and I am back in the menu screen of the CM.

How should I install the app?

Best regards
Stefan

Davide,
1.4.5 crashes at "race canceled" and i've tried it on a fresh install of preview 81, many tries, no joy. I see nothing in the logs to address this. Is there some cache to clean out before upgrading? 1.4.4.5 works just dandy.

@Stefan1507 @Jack.A.Lope
Yes, the files have to be unzipped in the main ac folder (you'll find Blmlights in apps folder then)
Can you both try changing some option under the CM settings page? Like developer mode on/off. I found that when I add options to the settings sometimes CM requires this trick

You can also send me log and py_log after a crash happens

Hello,

Yes, this attitude regarding developers on and off I had unfortunately already tried without success.
But thanks for the update I'll try it tonight.

I still have a question.
In this zip file is also a folder called extension, will it be unzipped in the main directory of Assetto Corsa or will it be unzipped in mods / shaders lights patch?

Best regards
Stefan

Hello,

Yes, this attitude regarding developers on and off I had unfortunately already tried without success.
But thanks for the update I'll try it tonight.

I still have a question.
In this zip file is also a folder called extension, will it be unzipped in the main directory of Assetto Corsa or will it be unzipped in mods / shaders lights patch?

Best regards
Stefan
Everything in the main folder. It will add stuff where needed

Hi.
1.4.5.1 crashes at "race canceled" with a fresh install of latest preview 84
Trick with options on/off doesn't help
I tried different launcher (official and AppID) with no luck
In my Documents-Assetto Corsa-logs
py_log.txt has only this:
BLM Lights: starting version 1.4.5.1
BLM Lights Selector: lights sources loaded
BLM Lights Selector: loaded

Davide,
I loaded 1.4.5.1 on a fresh install of preview-81 and it still crashes to "race cancelled". I'm using Atlanta as a track and Alfa GTR as car. I also tried it with preview-84; no joy. Tried with stock filters, gbW suite (no ReShade) and Assetto4Seasons. Oh, also tried at Vallelunga.

Reloaded 1.4.4.5 and that works fine.

It's got to be something i'm doing wrong, huh? My mind is boggled.

@Blamer that didn't work, but i'm certain it's something i'm doing because NOW when I reload 1.4.4.5 it doesn't crash UNTIL I click on a bar (to adjust number of lights) then "race cancelled". That used to work. I've deleted everything BLM installs and started over but still no joy. This is why I think it's something to do with installation procedure; something i'm doing. Development mode, etc. I just don't know. Content Manager has always burped up strange quirks at me for as long as I've been using it :)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 490 69.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 300 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.2%
Back