ACC British GT Series - Round 1 @ Donington 01.05.23

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
McLaren.png

My Jupiler powered McLaren challenger heading for the custom livery pack

Don't forget if you want to run a custom livery you will need to send it to Johann. You can make one or download one of the many that are available on this site.

View attachment 658564
British GT Series - Round 1
Description
Round 1 of the British GT Series takes us to the fast flowing Donington Park circuit.

You will need the British GT DLC pack to join this event.

Sessions
20:00 BST / 19:00 UTC 30 minute practice
20:30 BST / 19:30 UTC 15 minute qualifying
20:45 BST / 19:45 UTC 1 Hour race

How can I join this event?
  • You need to be a premium member to join
  • Reply in this thread stating you want to join
  • If you didn't drive in the Silverstone test race please send me a PM with your steam ID and if you are "AM" or "PRO"
  • All skill levels welcome but we ask that you can control the car and know the racing line around the track. Anyone driving in a dangerous manner may be removed from the server
  • Server password can be found HERE

What do I need to know?
  • Mandatory pit stop for tyre change. No pit window, box whenever you want
  • Short formation lap - Stay in the green marker
  • You can join as many of the GT Series events as you like
  • Custom liveries can be sent to us and added to the series livery pack
  • Information on point scoring available HERE
CLUB RULES ARE ENFORED. Check them out HERE

Event settings
View attachment 658565

AM or PRO class?
These races operate two separate classes, AM and PRO. As a rough guide we are considering a "PRO" as someone who consistently laps Silverstone in 2:02 or under.

*We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair*

Voice chat is available on the RD Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.

PLEASE ENSURE YOUR REAL NAME IS SET ON YOUR RD PROFILE AND MATCHES YOUR IN GAME NAME

Google Calendar | iCal calendar

PRO entry list
SwannyUK
SgtMahone
akephoe
Nascentes
Hazzatron19
mklengel
JohannS
T_Humf95
Trox
Reefabus
RicardoJorge92

AM entry list
Antonpiou
Jay Clarke 66
McFlunch
Paul_V
Pieter Theron
tabletmctablet

Add me please. Ta.

Round 1 Driver Briefing
Qualifying
Due to the nature of the racing line leading to T1 drivers on track have the right to take the line as normal. Drivers waiting to head out please stay behind the red mark on this picture until safe to exit the pits. Take a look at the map and find a gap to avoid this situation all together.
pits.png

During the race it's the responsibility of the drive on circuit to move right and let any car exiting the pits out.

Race
Donington has 2 big hairpin's that tend to cause issues if you aren't careful. To better understand what we are expecting from a race craft point of view see below. I'm not teaching you all to suck eggs, this stuff should be clear enough but it just gives you a reference of how we judge contact. This can be applied to most corners.

A.png

A - Green car's corner - it's towards the very end of the braking zone and at the start of the turn in point - the red car has no part of their car alongside.

Green car can take the racing line BUT have half an eye on the radar to make sure the red car hasn't out braked themselves.

Red car either needs to filter in behind or stay tight to the apex and see if the green car goes wide - easy pass if they do.

B.png

B -Red car's corner - The red car has part of it's car alongside (It can be a bumper or the whole car, as long as part of the car is alongside the radar will show it)

Green car needs to stay wide and aim for a cut back. If there is traction on the outside they can try staying wide and carrying speed. If they manage it then the red car needs to leave room on the outside and not push them off track (this includes mid corner and exit)

Just keep in mind that accidents do happen, it's part of racing but if you follow the above, leave space for each other and be a bit conservative on the opening laps it should help things.

Practice online with others or do a few single player races against AI to get used to racing around the circuit. Hot lapping by yourself is fine but won't help when you are 3 cars wide going into T1.

Golden Rule
If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, you are required to slow (or stop your car if necessary) to let the other driver regain the position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.

If it's reported and confirmed that you do not allow the driver you disadvantaged to regain their position by the end of that lap then you will receive an immediate 30 day ban from racing on RaceDepartment servers.

PLEASE USE THE RADAR / SPOTTER / CREW CHIEF

Last edited:
Hello. At Donny between redgate and coppice there aren’t any “straights” and from old hairpin to macleans its effectively a narrow corridor. If i get blue flagged along here - in the interests of not destroying anyone else fun i will:
A. move to the outside of hollywood to give a clear run through craner,
B. Stay on the rhs on the approach to old hairpin at the bottom of craner.
C. Move to the lhs between starkeys and schwantz curv
D. Stay on lhs on entry to macleans.
E. Keep to the inside following macleans before coppice.

The rest of the lap has plenty of straight to allow the normal lift to pass by the pro drivers.

Let me know if this is not ok!!!

Hello. At Donny between redgate and coppice there aren’t any “straights” and from old hairpin to macleans its effectively a narrow corridor. If i get blue flagged along here - in the interests of not destroying anyone else fun i will:
A. move to the outside of hollywood to give a clear run through craner,
B. Stay on the rhs on the approach to old hairpin at the bottom of craner.
C. Move to the lhs between starkeys and schwantz curv
D. Stay on lhs on entry to macleans.
E. Keep to the inside following macleans before coppice.

The rest of the lap has plenty of straight to allow the normal lift to pass by the pro drivers.

Let me know if this is not ok!!!
All sounds very sensible to me fella. I would add if there is anyone that hasn't got indicators mapped it would be a good idea, you can then indicate where you are going to move to.

Regarding livery deadline:
I unfortunately have to change the usual deadline for sending in the liveries to tomorrow 22:00 (BTS), as I will be travelling this weekend and will return 30–60 minutes before event start on Monday. Really sorry about this, guys.
How do I need to send it to you?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%