Buying advice please - Next Level v3 Motion Platform

I'm looking for some advice and thoughts of other owners or people with good knowledge of the product, please.

I always said I'd buy myself a motion simulator if I could afford one and had the room available. Well, that day may have arrived. I'm impressed by what I've seen of the Next Level v3 Motion Platform

This seems to meet all my criteria:

+ Limited space requirements, I don't have room for a huge sim rig but this seems compact enough to work.
+ Works with Oculus Rift VR, that fixed head position setting solution is impressive
+ Great support and regular updates from the developers
+ Available in the UK
+ Works with my current Thrustmaster wheel and accessories.
+ Sub £3k for the full setup, I'm not a pro racer I'm not looking for a practice simulator this is just for fun so the cost/fun balance has to be right.

So help me do the man maths! Is it worth it?

Is there another similar product I should also look at? It would need to be reasonably compact, work with VR, available in the UK without too much hassle and in the same £3-5K price range.

Is there anywhere I can try one or even better several of the systems in the UK?

"Downstairs racer" here too.

The noise levels of the NLMv3 are super quiet (for motion terms) and i use the same settings during night and day. My entire unit is build on rubber isolators on a concrete floor.

For the nightly races i do have special downgraded (quiet) profiles in SC4 for tactile and FFB.
At night the wind simulator also runs at max 60% because of the high noise levels at 100%

As it seems i gonna have to ship my unit to the UK and not to Poland.

I've asked if NLR will refund me the shipping cost, since the unit is still under warranty. I will keep you guys informed.

Upvote 0
I think this will be my next gift, but only next year . I have moved a new and bigger house this year and I will get married this month, so I gonna wait few months then finally I will order it.

Upvote 0
I've dug back through posts looking for fitting detail for one of these (great pics, once again Mascot!) but I've got a SimLabs GT1 rather than a P1 rig, so the clearance inside the frame is lower - has anyone here fitted with clear pics one to a GT1? I'm thinking I could likely use the existing rails but don't want to be caught with a nice motion kit and no framing I can install it with...

Upvote 0
I've dug back through posts looking for fitting detail for one of these (great pics, once again Mascot!) but I've got a SimLabs GT1 rather than a P1 rig, so the clearance inside the frame is lower - has anyone here fitted with clear pics one to a GT1? I'm thinking I could likely use the existing rails but don't want to be caught with a nice motion kit and no framing I can install it with...

I've got an early GT1 and mounted my NLV3 like so:

IMG_20180106_130220.jpg

The newer GT1 is a bit narrower so this solution won't work exactly as it's not possible sit this whole assembly within the frame shown here. Anton has a new GT1 and mounted his so I'm sure he'll post a pic shortly.

The width of the NLV3 with the 80/20 brackets attached is 54.5 cm so that gives you a measure to compare to your GT1. If the inner width is only a little larger you can breach the gap with spacers.

Upvote 0
I had an idea earlier in the thread. Not sure if anyone used it - you can be the guinea pig Colin..!
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...3-motion-platform.137061/page-22#post-2739017

95EcnGh.png

Thinking about it, forget the "7mm gap for washers" and have the 80/20 corner bracket mounted in a slotted hole so (in the pic above) it can slide left to take up the slack. There might be enough movement in the corner bracket already - I think they might be slotted to start with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm printing that out, ta!

I currently don't have feet on my rig - it just sits on the carpet - but I do have some in the bits n bobs bag. They're probably 50mm so it might be worth fitting them as I do this for clearance.

I'm not quite ready (read: can't yet afford) to push the button on one but I'll put pics up to let you know how I get on.

Cheers !

Upvote 0
I think this will be my next gift, but only next year . I have moved a new and bigger house this year and I will get married this month, so I gonna wait few months then finally I will order it.
Excellent wedding gift. Once your married, aaah never mind...still love her ;)

With regards to noise level: I can use the motion platform also when my dearest wife is asleep. There's a small hall way between my raceroom and our bedroom. If my daughter is at home and she sleeps directly next to the room attached to the raceroom she can hear the motion springs.

I anyone want I can make a YT vid with only the NLR v3 sound. Just let me know

Upvote 0
In case anyone fancies a punt there's a 'used - like new' NLV3 for £1,287 on Amazon UK right now. That's pretty much half price from RRP.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01N7OI0OX/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
What protection do you get from Amazon when buying used?

Anyone feeling brave?
It will be sent from Spain/Malaga for 2,50? 1,287 is a bargain!
I would ask when and where he/she bought it and if the orginal invoice comes with the package or upfront via mail.
If everything is ok and thus functions 100% then I would buy it, but owning two NLR v3s is a bit too much.

Upvote 0
It will be sent from Spain/Malaga for 2,50? 1,287 is a bargain!
I would ask when and where he/she bought it and if the orginal invoice comes with the package or upfront via mail.
If everything is ok and thus functions 100% then I would buy it, but owning two NLR v3s is a bit too much.
I think the postage is cheap because Amazon seem to class this product as a PC-DVD. It was the same when I bought mine.
Mmm.. It looks from a quick glance that you might get the same A-Z Amazon guarantee when buying from third parties via Amazon, so any disputes are taken up with Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3149521

Condition is described as 'used - like new'. That should be enough by itself to give peace of mind if it doesn't look and perform as new.

Tempted to buy this as a spare, lol..!
Seems too good to be true. What's the catch?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the postage is cheap because Amazon seem to class this product as a PC-DVD. It was the same when I bought mine.
Mmm.. It looks from a quick glance that you might get the same A-Z Amazon guarantee when buying from third parties via Amazon, so any disputes are taken up with Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=3149521

Condition is described as 'used - like new'. That should be enough by itself to give peace of mind if it doesn't look and perform as new.

Tempted to buy this as a spare, lol..!
Seems too good to be true. What's the catch?
Reviews of seller aren’t great.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 52 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%