C13 AEGIS Post Processing Filter

Misc C13 AEGIS Post Processing Filter 1.65 Pure 0.250 compatibility patch

Login or Register an account to download this content
I tried your filter, but I think the lights are too bright or? How can I fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-21 130838.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 130838.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot 2023-07-21 130849.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 130849.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I tried your filter, but I think the lights are too bright or? How can I fix this?
Please verify if the filter is installed correctly by opening the pure config app and seeing if the calibration sliders and color profile radio buttons are present. if not, reinstall the filter manually. If yes, try resetting pure to defaults.

Please verify if the filter is installed correctly by opening the pure config app and seeing if the calibration sliders and color profile radio buttons are present. if not, reinstall the filter manually. If yes, try resetting pure to defaults.
ahh resetting to default settings helped. this filter is so beautiful wow

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-21 145909.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-21 145909.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 179
Regardless of this filter, I finally figured out why my night lighting was washed out. It was the Lighting FX brightness setting which is turned to 100% by default. I lowered it until settling for 15%. Looks amazing now, but I can't help but wonder, is there a recommended value for this specific filter?

The pp filter doesn't have god rays, is that a bug or an incorrect install? I think not having it takes away from realism quite a lot.

Last edited:
The filter has godrays. Likely an incorrect install. Do you have all the relevant sliders and check boxes in the pp tab of pure config?
I made sure to select the preset and reset the script settings. Then, I made a comparison with the NatuReal Pure preset. The latter preset has a much bigger sun representation and therefore the god rays are also very noticeable. This also makes more sense in sunrise conditions, where a big sun is in front of you. When I switched to back C13 Aegis while staying in a scene with the sun and god rays, it became barely noticeable. The sun is like 1/3 or 1/4 of the size and the god rays are very weak. I pushed the GR slider up to 2.5 and then it became more prominent, but the sun size remained small so it made it feel incomplete. I think it's definitely something that needs work.

Last edited:
I made sure to select the preset and reset the script settings. Then, I made a comparison with the NatuReal Pure preset. The latter preset has a much bigger sun representation and therefore the god rays are also very noticeable. This also makes more sense in sunrise conditions, where a big sun is in front of you. When I switched to back C13 Aegis while staying in a scene with the sun and god rays, it became barely noticeable. The sun is like 1/3 or 1/4 of the size and the god rays are very weak. I pushed the GR slider up to 2.5 and then it became more prominent, but the sun size remained small so it made it feel incomplete. I think it's definitely something that needs work.
Godrays are a subjective artistic choice, and with the type of exposure simulation that aegis is going for, blowing up half the sky with glare and godrays doesn't fit. There is a boosted godrays feature coming up, once the Patreon version of the filter is ready for public release. Here is roughly what you can expect

I saw that one already. God rays are a real-life feature, so I think it should be more pronounced. It doesn't have to be as pronounced as in the other filter I mentioned, but still.

Hard to give more crumbs really. If you go to csp settings in content manager, there is a category called reflectionsfx on the left, and within it is the cube map option
Thank you ...that is what I meant....Just wanted to know where to look for that setting amongst the 10,000 others...I appreciate you letting me know

Hello, I've tried this filter and it is by far the best one I've seen. However, the headlights during night are too dim, i can't see much in the distance... I don't know if I'm spoiled by other filters, but it seems quite strange to me.

I'm using Pure 0.190 and CSP 1.80 preview 218 (tried preview 346, but to no avail)

I'll leave some screenshots of what I'm saying. The images were too large, so I had to compress them.

Attachments

• Pure PP 1 - low beams.png
    Pure PP 1 - low beams.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Pure PP 2 - low beams.png
    Pure PP 2 - low beams.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 58
  • AEGIS PP 1 - low beams.png
    AEGIS PP 1 - low beams.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 49
  • AEGIS PP 2 - low beams.png
    AEGIS PP 2 - low beams.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 51
Hey!

Installing this with my friend, he is getting ablack screen. We tried uninstalling and reinstalling too and resetting pure config and no luck either. He is on the same preview as me
If possible be specific. Pure version, CSP version, etc. Also when you say black screen, just the game? Is there UI? if there's UI please open up the Lua debug app and check if there are any weatherFx errors. Also check if the relevant UI elements are present in the pp tab of Pure Config

Hello, I've tried this filter and it is by far the best one I've seen. However, the headlights during night are too dim, i can't see much in the distance... I don't know if I'm spoiled by other filters, but it seems quite strange to me.

I'm using Pure 0.190 and CSP 1.80 preview 218 (tried preview 346, but to no avail)

I'll leave some screenshots of what I'm saying. The images were too large, so I had to compress them.
The upcoming 1.4X version does have a somewhat improved lowlight visibility. 1.32 is very dim yes, but i don't feel like it's entirely innacurate to the oppresive darkness of a cloudy night. But yes, this is a common complaint so it is being adressed.

Ciba1991 updated C13 AEGIS Post Processing Filter with a new update entry:

C13 AEGIS 1.44 PUBLIC RELEASE

Well, well, well. We're here ladies and gentlemen, public 1.44! The best Assetto Corsa Post processing filter is now free. There has been a myriad of changes since 1.32, but let's focus on the main ones.
  • New tonemapping colorspace transform
    ACES was introducing quite a bit of hue shift beyond the intended scope, so i created a custom transform that really focuses mainly on the hue shift of high brightness reds.
  • New saturation<>lbrightness pass in the tonemapping
    Tonemapping has...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Referencing your reply to my review, about adjusting minimum exposure: I got it fixed this way, and now it looks better then 1.32 ever did. Thanks for the hint!
Excellent work!

Referencing your reply to my review, about adjusting minimum exposure: I got it fixed this way, and now it looks better then 1.32 ever did. Thanks for the hint!
Excellent work!
Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you got it sorted, but nevertheless I will attempt to solicit some additional feedback on the changes. While the calibration sliders are useful, I strive to have the filter work out of the box for as many people as possible.

If possible be specific. Pure version, CSP version, etc. Also when you say black screen, just the game? Is there UI? if there's UI please open up the Lua debug app and check if there are any weatherFx errors. Also check if the relevant UI elements are present in the pp tab of Pure Config
I've been having the same problem as OP, when i looked at the lua debugger i get this error and don't know what it means

Attachments

• image_2023-10-09_094745466.png
    image_2023-10-09_094745466.png
    54 KB · Views: 47
I've been having the same problem as OP, when i looked at the lua debugger i get this error and don't know what it means
I'd wager you're running an outdated version of Pure. If i've mistakenly specified the minimum version too low, i'll fix that. Which pure are you using?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 262 67.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 175 45.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 186 48.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 81 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 105 27.1%
Back