Car Radar

Apps Car Radar 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yo, make sure you have enabled when you're in the cockpit with the sidebar on the right hand side. The app is also invisible when no other cars are around but you can find it with the mouse and click it. Look out for a radar "blip" circle animation, it is a white line that gets larger to let you know the location of the app on screen. It usually loads in the top left of the screen the first time it is launched :)

Yo, make sure you have enabled when you're in the cockpit with the sidebar on the right hand side. The app is also invisible when no other cars are around but you can find it with the mouse and click it. Look out for a radar "blip" circle animation, it is a white line that gets larger to let you know the location of the app on screen. It usually loads in the top left of the screen the first time it is launched :)
Oh just saw you tried this already.

Can you see the icon at all on the sidebar?
If you press Home when in car, any messages about car radar?

Allo, csp shouldn't matter at all, make sure it's activated on the sidebar, make sure you're near other cars, make sure you delete the config file if you haven't tried that, make sure you read through the support thread for all the very similar fixes, make sure you post your error log file, make sure you have good luck! ;)

1598975418484.png

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROBLEM IS

I don't even know what's going on there! So many messages! Just press Home on the cockpit and see if anything car radar comes up.

The only reason why you would need to edit the car radar python file if is if you have a custom My Documents location.

Everything else is sorted by deleting the config file from your documents folder or making sure you have .net framework installed.

Perhaps an over aggressive anti virus would remove kn5conv.exe which is used to decrypt the kunos 3d models.

View attachment 403011
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROBLEM IS

edit: i found the py_log. maybe someone can understand this. i also tried deleting the config.txt file in Documents\Assetto Corsa\apps\carRadar. the config file reappears again after a session. i have also attached the config file. maybe its different? i have also disabled antivirus. nothings changed.

BIG EDIT: IT FINALLY WORKS!!! ̶i̶ ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶y̶t̶h̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶e̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶ ̶e̶x̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶ ̶r̶a̶d̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶d̶k̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶.̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶
i found out what the actual problem was. the antivirus kept deleting knconvert thing so app couldnt work properly. i excluded the file and now it works.

Attachments

• py_log.txt
    39.5 KB · Views: 100
  • config.txt
    287 bytes · Views: 117
Last edited:
NIce one! Thanks for the fix details! It is possible the antivirus deleted that exe file though. The kn5conv.exe is located in assettocorsa\apps\python\carRadar\dist (main AC installation folder) so if it breaks again, you might need to add an exception for that file. Also, I'm sure there are some ghosts kicking about in CM so yeah, who knows! Glad you got it sorted :)

I'm relatively new to AC and Windows in general. I can't get this to work and I desperatly need it. I installed it via the Content Manager and it shows up in the AC files under ->apps->python->carRadar but it doesn't show up when I start a Race. I know this might be a noob question but I simply can't find the answer to my problem.

@itsjustdel

Hello, I really love your app and I use it all the time.
I have a problem with Car Radar V5.2 (CSP is on version 0.1.60)
The app is installed and I have reinstalled it many times, but it's not showing up in my app list in the game.

The app debugger is giving back this error code in the python log:
[CarRadar: error] Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/carRadar/carRadar.py", line 163, in acMain
scale = int(lineList[1])
IndexError: list index out of range

I would really love to know how to fix this error and what's causing it.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 25 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.2%