Clarksville, Indiana_Sportsdome Speedway_Figure 8 & Oval

Tracks Clarksville, Indiana_Sportsdome Speedway_Figure 8 & Oval 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dave, I have done alot to the track, however I need guidance on how to install/activate track lights for noght time racing. Any suggestions?
you are welcome. Have you done a full pit version for the Oval and the other figure 8 layout? I still have the original versions for these. No hurry for them. I assume the North layout is your first test for the new items. Good luck with these figure 8 tracks. You will then be similar with the Wreckfest.game.

Yes allot of us dont have time to do much online with real drivers. At least I dont right now.
Got some helpful advice for assuring the R and L lines stay put. Pit works, smoothed out most of the track, not all, fixed the one bumpy pit exit. It seems to work best with 10 maybe 12 cars, that accelerate well from a standing start, anymore is chaos too soon. One issue I have is the AI flash back to their pit, instead of driving through the entrance, they exit fine.

First things first: you should make your updates for all your tracks in that way, that the files end up in the same installation folder of they specific folder. All your driven miles, for example, are saved per folder and every new folder resets them. Also having many track folders from the same track didn´t helps keeping aware of the newest one. I have to go after each your track updates and move old ui.json and map.png file to the new folder and delete old one to keep it clean. Why?
You should therefore also use the ui.json file with an version number.
If you want, I can give you mine ui.json also with geo tags and the map.png too. :)
Sorry, I don´t mean it rude, but it´s very annoying keeping up with your updates and end up beeing cleaning the tracks structure and keeping aware what are the newest folders. :)
Hope it helps you optimizing your workflow. :)

And for the lights: light sources as light stands, flood light poles etc. should be there before someone may light´em up. ;)

First things first: you should make your updates for all your tracks in that way, that the files end up in the same installation folder of they specific folder. All your driven miles, for example, are saved per folder and every new folder resets them. Also having many track folders from the same track didn´t helps keeping aware of the newest one. I have to go after each your track updates and move old ui.json and map.png file to the new folder and delete old one to keep it clean. Why?
You should therefore also use the ui.json file with an version number.
If you want, I can give you mine ui.json also with geo tags and the map.png too. :)
Sorry, I don´t mean it rude, but it´s very annoying keeping up with your updates and end up beeing cleaning the tracks structure and keeping aware what are the newest folders. :)
Hope it helps you optimizing your workflow. :)

And for the lights: light sources as light stands, flood light poles etc. should be there before someone may light´em up. ;)
Very to the point, but I get it. I was afraid this cause trouble, as I am new to track building. I think I know what you are reffering to in regards to ui folder.
So keep everything the same name in the ui folder?

I purposely left the work have installing light poles until I have an understanding to make them work; night time layout.

Instead of giving me sarcasm, refer me to a solution in regards to lighting up lights.

Thanks for the helpful advice

Last edited:
Sorry, I´m no native english speaker. I didn´t meant it rude or sarcastic. I meant it as an constructive criticism.

Please don´t make updates that results in multiple track folders like this:
..\content\tracks\sportsdrome_figure_8_north\
..\content\tracks\sportsdrome_figure_8_north_001\
..\content\tracks\sportsdrome_figure_8_north_002\
Afterwards everyone have to delete the old folders and keep tracking whats the newest one.
Instead updating all into ..\content\tracks\sportsdrome_figure_8_north\ should be nicer, but it´s only my opinion. :) It´s your baby! ;)

I can help you with the lights, but there have to be at least one light source first. You have to make a config ini for the track. There you can setting up lights matching with material or object names.
If you make a light pole just be sure to have a extra material and object for the light source (lamp) itself.
For example:
name whole upper light pole with one material or object name
upload_2019-9-2_11-42-27-png.847745

would lighten up whole upper light pole.
Instead naming the lamp (light source) itself different,
upload_2019-9-2_11-48-24-png.847746

and you can set the light to the lamp itself.
If the whole lightpole is one object/material would end in whole light pole beeing enlightened.

I can make you a first config ini you can put in ..\extension\config\tracks\loaded\trackname.ini
But as different track names also means different config ini´s, I don´t know how to name the config for your future update.
Or it have to be a track folder\extension\ext_config.ini

Here is the content of my actual ui.json from your track:
Code:
{
"name": "Sportsdrome Figure 8 - North",
"description": "Sportsdrome Speedway",
"tags": [
"circuit",
"original",
"clarksville"
],
"geotags": [
"38° 17′ 05″ N",
"85° 46′ 43″ W"
],
"country": "USA",
"city": "Clarksville, Indiana",
"length": "1/4 mile",
"width": "10",
"pitboxes": "16",
"run": "counter_clockwise",
"author": "FormulaET",
"version": "0.1",
"url": "https://www.racedepartment.com/down...8-layout-addition-_clarksville-indiana.28318/",
"year": 2019
}

If want a starting point. :)

Code:
[LIGHTING]
LIT_MULT = 1.0
CAR_LIGHTS_LIT_MULT = 1.0
SPECULAR_MULT = 1.0

[INCLUDE]
INCLUDE=common\conditions.ini

[LIGHT_SERIES_1]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = track lights
MATERIALS = RACE_CONTROL
DIRECTION = 0,-1,0
SPOT = 180
RANGE = 60
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET = 0.42
FADE_AT = 850
FADE_SMOOTH = 33
SPOT_SHARPNESS = 0.45
DIFFUSE_CONCENTRATION = 0.7
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD = 10
COLOR = 255, 155, 120, 0.075 ; redish brown
COLOR_OFF = 0
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_1]
ACTIVE = 1
VISIBILITY_LEVEL = 0
DESCRIPTION = track lights glow
MESHES = OBJ91
KEY_0 = ksEmissive
VALUE_0 = 255, 220, 185, 0.0025
CONDITION = NIGHT_SMOOTH
This could be a starting point for lighting your track, but as you can see it´s the whole race control building illuminated (OBJ91, RACE_CONTROL) and not only for example the windows itself.
upload_2019-9-10_17-8-29.png

Sorry, I´m no native english speaker. I didn´t meant it rude or sarcastic. I meant it as an constructive criticism.

Please don´t make updates that results in multiple track folders like this:
..\content\tracks\sportsdrome_figure_8_north\
..\content\tracks\sportsdrome_figure_8_north_001\
..\content\tracks\sportsdrome_figure_8_north_002\
Afterwards everyone have to delete the old folders and keep tracking whats the newest one.
Instead updating all into ..\content\tracks\sportsdrome_figure_8_north\ should be nicer, but it´s only my opinion. :) It´s your baby! ;)

I can help you with the lights, but there have to be at least one light source first. You have to make a config ini for the track. There you can setting up lights matching with material or object names.
If you make a light pole just be sure to have a extra material and object for the light source (lamp) itself.
For example:
name whole upper light pole with one material or object name
upload_2019-9-2_11-42-27-png.847745

would lighten up whole upper light pole.
Instead naming the lamp (light source) itself different,
upload_2019-9-2_11-48-24-png.847746

and you can set the light to the lamp itself.
If the whole lightpole is one object/material would end in whole light pole beeing enlightened.

I can make you a first config ini you can put in ..\extension\config\tracks\loaded\trackname.ini
But as different track names also means different config ini´s, I don´t know how to name the config for your future update.
Or it have to be a track folder\extension\ext_config.ini
Excellent feedback, thank you, thank you for your courteous response.
I get it now...TRACK FOLDER MUST REMAIN THE SAME... sorry, now it seems real obvious, ignorance on my part.
Yes I need to up my game with ext config folders like everyone else.

So after a config folder is made, I can assign the object of a lightpole that would be the lamp itself.... seems easy and obvious now that it was explained to me

If you would like to send a config folder that may be very helpful, that way later I can begin the process of understanding and making a light source...
That's very funny..... make the entire pole the light source, good way to mess with people..... but I get it now; I assume KS Editor can help with this

Here is the content of my actual ui.json from your track:
Code:
{
"name": "Sportsdrome Figure 8 - North",
"description": "Sportsdrome Speedway",
"tags": [
"circuit",
"original",
"clarksville"
],
"geotags": [
"38° 17′ 05″ N",
"85° 46′ 43″ W"
],
"country": "USA",
"city": "Clarksville, Indiana",
"length": "1/4 mile",
"width": "10",
"pitboxes": "16",
"run": "counter_clockwise",
"author": "FormulaET",
"version": "0.1",
"url": "https://www.racedepartment.com/down...8-layout-addition-_clarksville-indiana.28318/",
"year": 2019
}

If want a starting point. :)
Yes, I see the one change coming with 12 pitboxes max. But with this and forthcoming updates, I will remain consistant as to not have a million track folders available for download. Thanks for pointing this out.

Sliderman, so in general, Kunos AC will key off of the folders I have available and the correct terminology forth with.

Thanks for taking time to share this good information. Much appreciated.
The Sportsdrome races continue into the darkness of evening , hence me wanting to have the ability to have illuminated night time representation.

After my next update, which will be soon, I will start working track lights.
I have tweaked the surface plus finally got the AI working correctly. Every track folder and kn5 will have title consistancy to cause less confusion

Here a example config.
Rename it to *.zip and extract it to your actual track folder.
Slider, so I have got the gist on lighting up objects. A couple questions:
How come some devices with bulbs seem not powerful enough to light the majority of the track? Seems a small area under it works, but doesn't illuminate further out?
Is there an article you know of that explains how adjust all lighting parameters?

What is a way to change the color? I see 3 or 4 sequences of numbers followed by redish brown, how do I know what to alter?

Mainly where I can get info for lights?

Thanks

https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config
Inspect the config I gave you and other ones in that config\tracks folder.
All you need is there. :)
RANGE, SPOT_SHARPNESS, COLOR (RGB, brightness) ...
Play a bit around with the values and you will learn ... ;)
Ok, thanks for the link. I cranked the range on some and it works, I haven't fooled with the Spot; that may broaden the beam. Learning curve big time LOL
Thanks for reply

Hi FormulaET,
Just now read your latest posts here. I havent played around with night lighting myself but want to get into trying it on some tracks this winter. Been helping another person creating AI lines pit stalls, and starting grids for a few tracks.

I have seen a turtorial on using KS_editor and adjusting side lines and AI lines just have never needed to do it. Dont know how well it works with crossing lines.

Also I have seen that thing about AI just jumping to the pit stalls and not driving into the pits. Not sure if it is a direction problem far as the flow of the track vs the pit direction. If I see this again I will check out why it does that. The one track that did it on me had only a single entrance/exit. I made the pit lines so they didnt touch, and going in they would jump to the pit stalls, and would drive out normally..

I like the version numbers in the UI files Sliderman mentioned. I wish more people would do that to their tracks. I need to read Slidermans notes on night lighting he showed you.

Lastly, In the shaders discord group there is a person(Littleying993) creating a "light config tool" which he is adding features to the tool to make lighting tracks easier. Havent tried it yet, I am busy with other things right now, but do plan on trying it this winter. With SOL and shaders group evolving so fast it is hard to keep up with the changes which in a way is a good thing.

take care,
Dave

Last edited:
Hi FormulaET,
Just now read your latest posts here. I havent played around with night lighting myself but want to get into trying it on some tracks this winter. Been helping another person creating AI lines pit stalls, and starting grids for a few tracks.

I have seen a turtorial on using KS_editor and adjusting side lines and AI lines just have never needed to do it. Dont know how well it works with crossing lines.

Also I have seen that thing about AI just jumping to the pit stalls and not driving into the pits. Not sure if it is a direction problem far as the flow of the track vs the pit direction. If I see this again I will check out why it does that. The one track that did it on me had only a single entrance/exit. I made the pit lines so they didnt touch, and going in they would jump to the pit stalls, and would drive out normally..

I like the version numbers in the UI files Sliderman mentioned. I wish more people would do that to their tracks. I need to read Slidermans notes on night lighting he showed you.

Lastly, In the shaders discord group there is a person(Littleying993) creating a "light config tool" which he is adding features to the tool to make lighting tracks easier. Havent tried it yet, I am busy with other things right now, but do plan on trying it this winter. With SOL and shaders group evolving so fast it is hard to keep up with the changes which in a way is a good thing.

take care,
Dave
I figured out some of my light issues since this post. Thinking now, the surfaces differ from pit lane to pit box. That may have something to do with the jumping, or jetting into the pit. Glad you brought that up, it didn't really grab my attention, now it does. I'm getting better using thee track cross section tool, so I will start by making both pit lane and the pitbox via the same material. Thanks for waking me on that.
Yeah Sliderman was a big help for my intro to lights. I have a link for the numerical makeup of the lighting colors...… he had a reddish brown, that I use in the pit lights, but the track lights needed something different so I dove in and copied from other tracks, then ultimately finding a resource alone for the colors:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lighting-color-code-resource.173896/
You may find this interesting. A young engineer buddy at work looked it up in the lunch line, lol, that quick. So I posted it for those who may be curious despite other tools out there. This is strictly color codes and more

Good news is I started getting into Blender tutorials, it looks like I have no choice but to learn 3D image development, so I've been boring myself with those. It's definitely more time consuming, I can tell. But I will be able to produce more life like objects, and not be stricken to whats available.
I also am already working on changing the track materials to get the worn out used look.... a big step upward.
A nice chap, cant remember his name, clued me into fixing AI lines in KSEditor, that's how I get the Clarksville to work.
To wit, I have had a lot of positive nurturing help here at RD. Some guys have proven mean but that is expected. One site I tried to get help on is loaded with arrogant members who wont even spend time trying my tracks, they just butt kissing the guys who use 3DsMax and such...…… I wont mention the sites or the names, but don't experience any be littling here on RD.. just venting.
I am learning Blender, slowly as it is way more complex. RTB has its place, for learning and I am not about to spend thousands on other resources, nor am I gonna neglect a 70 dollar software, which is RTB.
I bust my hump self teaching myself this stuff, like I do playing music. There is always someone out there wanting to drag one down, just because they are jealous or whatever.....just a little rant LOLOL
Apart from having better objects and texture matereials, I enjoy the crap out of my Custom GP versions.
I think this last update, track wise, came out well. Sure it needs fine tuning, but overall if I have fun on it, then I am heading in the right direction.

You have done a great job with all 3 of your tracks and on one of my favorite tracks Milwaukee mile. You are running into the same problem as myself trying to get answers to do sometimes the simplest things in track building. I try to help with the little knowledge I know so far with creating tracks and glad to help you on certain things. I too have more I want to learn, but do not want to get into doing a complete track from scratch-just dont have the time to do one. Note: I have both Blender and 3ds max, but I too need to explore and learn how they work. My main editors right now have been 3dsimed and ks-editor - But I also do want to learn how to fix some tracks I have to smooth them out(a Winter time project). Did you use blender to smooth your tracks?

If you do anymore tracks, look forward to seeing/driving on them in Assetto Corsa.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 46 11.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 40 10.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 46 11.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 44 11.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 134 34.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 233 59.4%