DiRT 2 Colin McRae: DiRT 2

I don't think the "Bloom" is overdone at all - I think that Dirt 2 looks and sounds amazing. I also am very impressed with the physics model that is implemented - it is based in reality but, remains easy enough to be accessible to most people. Best of all, Dirt 2 is great fun and I can't get enough of it yet and I usually only drive sims. I never thought I'd say it but, I'm having a blast with this game - it impresses the heck out of me everytime I play it.

BTW, I insist on using cockpit view only but, to each their own :curl-lip:

Can you associate the clutch pedal with some other action in the logitech profile?

Btw, (not that I am a Dirt 2 expert) I think you'd be better off using left foot braking. In rally style driving brake & throttle (often pressed simultaneously) are used almost like rudders to control the car around corners.

yeah but there have been plenty of times when i could use it like coming out of a hairpin so i could just fan the clutch to get out of that corner a bit more quicker. we would get a lot better times using a clutch especially the start. besides if they wanted a rally car experience why not just keep f1 shifter or seqential putting h shift was just a tease with out the clutch. i play rfactor and real time racing most of them cars are meant to be driven in seqential but i choose h shift with clutch.

I suppose they put in the H-pattern option because some people just may want that.

If in rFactor etc. you intend to skip gears without clutch, or double-clutch, using the H-pattern may make sense , but not in this game. Hairpins = handbrake turns.

I suppose they put in the H-pattern option because some people just may want that.

If in rFactor etc. you intend to skip gears without clutch, or double-clutch, using the H-pattern may make sense , but not in this game. Hairpins = handbrake turns.

oh but i do use hand brake more than you could imagine. like coming to a corner you hit the hand brake and flick the clutch to keep the car in its powerband. even the real rally cars have a clutch mainly to take of and to get them out of sticky situations like under steer for instance. next time your watching rally on tv listen for the clutch use in hairpins they still use thier clutch. thats my point. you say that h shift is there cause some people wanted it well i wanted clutch.

Obviously nobody here has any idea what I'm talking about.Lol.Nothing new don't be alarmed.

I have however recently read a thread at Nogrip that discusses the steering slack issue and one of the remedies suggested is to move steering linearity into the negative.

My Thoughts after playing the game for an hour or so...I'm sawing on the wheel so much it doesn't matter lol.In a simulation the linear setting for me is 100% and as in the case of ISI based sims the steering sensitivity is 0.This is just a game with good physics so I'm not sure you can compare.

Obviously nobody here has any idea what I'm talking about.Lol.Nothing new don't be alarmed.

I have however recently read a thread at Nogrip that discusses the steering slack issue and one of the remedies suggested is to move steering linearity into the negative.

My Thoughts after playing the game for an hour or so...I'm sawing on the wheel so much it doesn't matter lol.In a simulation the linear setting for me is 100% and as in the case of ISI based sims the steering sensitivity is 0.This is just a game with good physics so I'm not sure you can compare.

ADJUST YOUR LINEARITY AL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT IF YOU USE A WHEEL
I USE 900 DEGREES SO THAT SUITS ME

This game is unmoddable?!

Sad to see that we are running so slow in modding this game!

Taking a look at the files i can´t see nothing really moddable in Dirt 2, only if we get a new version of PSSG utility!

And the most important mods in my opinion we´ll be in physics, hope soon we figure out a way to make it more sim-like, it´s too arcadish right now! We need more "heavy" cars!

By the way the game is very nice, even arcadish the way it is! much fun to run like a crazy dog lol!

Sad to see that we are running so slow in modding this game!

Taking a look at the files i can´t see nothing really moddable in Dirt 2, only if we get a new version of PSSG utility!

And the most important mods in my opinion we´ll be in physics, hope soon we figure out a way to make it more sim-like, it´s too arcadish right now! We need more "heavy" cars!

By the way the game is very nice, even arcadish the way it is! much fun to run like a crazy dog lol!

yes i hear ya m8 even with dirt 1 there is still no major mod made so its safe to say that this wont be either, dam you cm dam you to hell lol

Clutch is working for me (Windows 7, G25).

While it's true there's no mapping for it in the controls, if I step on the clutch, it does engage in the game.

I choose the G25 preset and then map all my other controls and clutch works when I step on it.

Maybe it has something to do with choosing the G25 preset?

DiRT 2 MP problem

I've just tried online for first time and if I create a match (JamSession) or do a quick matchup and join someone else I get disconnected as soon as the race starts, chat etc works fine. Anyone experiencing same problem?

Checking codies forum but can't see any mention of the problem.

The message says "Disconnected.....................you were kicked from the session"

Regards

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%