Community Question | Best Racing Game of All Time?

For best online racing - ACC

For best all around (and on-line) AC

I've deleted the others from my computer as I just don't have time for more than these and they keep me engaged and challenged.

SRC.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Paul, can we have a poll, although listing all the choices would be challenging.

Grand Prix 4. If it has to be one. The Grand Prix Series of Geoff Crammong is what got me into simracing at the age of 11 or so. I is until today one of the most epic simracing Games. I actually was thinking of reinstalling it again. Also loved GP2 and GP3 + Season 2000 Addon. Pure gems.

Driving with my old MS Sidewinder FFB are great memories. Changeable weather drying racing line etc. It was perfect and the modding community was epic aswell. The CTDP Team where heros with all their mods!

This is difficult, but my humble opinions:

Assetto Corsa: Always enjoyed the graphics and the handling challenge of the default and DLC cars. The modding ability helps too - there are some amazing cars and tracks out there to add in. AI could be better, but then, that goes for most.
GTR2: Goes without saying. Everything about this felt awesome. Challenging, graphically brilliant for its time, really well made and thought out. And so many features you want to have. Race in the rain in the dark around Spa, with a field of 60+ cars? Hell yes.
GP500: Niche, but I was a devotee, and a part of the BSB mod team as the physics builder alongside moonlighting as the commentator! Fun times for me, with some good people who I worked with. There's not been a bike racing sim as flexible or as enjoyable since, which is a shame.
TOCA Touring Cars: Come back BTCC. We only want your licence to have some fun with...
Grand Prix Legends: This is the game that got me and my Dad being competitive against one another. It's his childhood era, and my first time learning how to race cars which were a "minimum". No aero? OK. No slicks? OK. Extreme chance of hitting a tree or steep grass bank instead of run off? Erm... Teaches you not only how to drive fast but is a huge history lesson. You can't help respect the drivers who raced those in real life.

It's hard to pick just one... I'm already feeling nostalgic. Any other GP500 fans out there? :O_o::)

Nice topic

but very hard to tell which is THE best. I am nearly mid 40 so like many others i played a lot of racing games.
ok lets forget the 80s just start with the very best. Those are my "milestones"

a) Microprose GP2 on Amiga - was first "realistic" racing game i was addicted to

b) Geof Crammonds GP4 - was THE game which brought me to buy a real force feedback wheel. Can`t remember which one (ebay 80€ :D)

c) rFactor - My start in serious simracing. Participated some years in online leagues. Loved it. best online gaming overal experience in my life.

d) Assetto Corsa - Big step forward in racing simulations and the beginning of golden era. So far all in all best package until today

e) forza horizon 4 - It may suprise. Its a arcade fun game for younger players, and don`t fit be mentioned with the other games. But with a close look you have to give credit to this one. For sure best non-sim ever made. Tons of cars, best graphics out there with a fantastic hardware optimazation.
If you like just chill and play some rounds with a controller - its just a dream for every man loving cars.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%