Community Question | What Racing Series Would You Most Like To See Made Into A Sim?

I love that idea posted earlier regarding a classic Le Mans - pick a year and get all the correct grid and track layout... that would be amazing.

In a perfect world I'd settle for classic Group C...

But when I woke up, I suspect IMSA is probably the closest we could hope for :)

No question, we need a touring car sim similar to what Race 07 did. Ideally a BTCC sim with both modern and vintage content. But I'd take a WTCR sim for example too.

After that, a full endurance sim, WEC or IMSA with proper multi-class racing would be great

I'd love an IndyCar sim, done well. Great racing, very good tracks.

I'd also really enjoy a lower level formula sim that simulates more club-level racing.

Final thought - I bought F1 2020 the other day and have been genuinely amazed at how good it is. Whatever sim they build next, if they could learn from all of the things that F12020 does to immerse you in the sport and not JUST on the driving itself, that'd be pretty great ..

Since this is a post from Lord Jeffrey :) I bet there is a secret meaning behind it, like it is from one of his millionaire developer friends asking him to post what would the community want and then that is what the new sim will be:D

In fact, the categories that I would like are many, perhaps too many, let's just say that I would like a 24-hour Le Mans simulator complete with all the cars that have made its history from the first to the last usable in the race. I would also like an Indycar simulator as it should be.
But I know it's just my dream.

I think of somebody would build an entire new sim (not based on i-Racing, rFactor (2), Autombilista (2) or anything else, and it would be a very good one, it would be a waste to use it for one series only. Or, the builder would do one series, and leave it to the modders to do the rest.

If it would be one series, it would be a good F1 simulation. I consider the Codemasers F1 games, especially the 2019 and 2020 editions, as very good games, but no hardcore sim.

If F1 is not possible, WEC with not only Le Mans but all the WEC tracks would be good, including LMP1, LMP2, LMGTE Pro and LMGTE Am.

The best single series for me would be Touring Cars.

And being so limited to just one series, it could be a complete series from many decades including European, American, Australian and Asian versions, and at least from the 80s until now: DTM, BTCC, WTCC...

But, if this is asking too much, please let's just all ask rFactor 2's developer,
Studio 397, to create a 90s DTM series for us. I'd be very happy to pay
any price they ask for it.

Amen.

BTCC 90's.
Gt legends remake.
And i dream of a game that would give the opportunity to play a big carreer mod in f1 from the end of the 60's to end 80's beginning 90's with all the tracks and rules of each period and real names and skills of drivers.

i love endurance racing, so naturally the entirity of the WEC series.
i would also welcome a complete VLN series, all the classees and cars

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%