ConsoleFX: A Console-like script for Gamepads

Misc ConsoleFX: A Console-like script for Gamepads 1.06

Login or Register an account to download this content
What exactly did you change?
put gyroscope value at around 67.4, slip at 6.7 steer force at anywhere 2.5 to 3 also please note: I used trial and error method as I got NO IDEA what I was doing, I was just editing random values as I was testing them out. I ended up deleting the edited file and just re-installing standard 1.07 and trying my best to keep it under control. It definitely is more demanding than it used to be and I can no longer drive like an arrogant prick, doing 360's around noobs on Nurburgring vanilla servers....

Last edited:
Rolled back the script to 1.06. The difference was:

1.06:
local gyroSensor = data.localAngularVelocity.y /1

1.07:
local gyroSensor = data.localAngularVelocity.y /2.5

In case you want to debug and trail the two.

The issue I'm having (and trying to work with) is allowing the same turn-in angle as you would with a wheel. At the moment it's a little less, so you'll need to slow down a touch into higher speed corners. While this may not sound like the biggest issue, the AI will have an advantage as they'll carry speed that you can't. Blanchimont at Spa Francorchamps is a fine example, while usually flat out on 1.07, you'd need to lift on 1.06.

I'll keep tweaking.

Last edited:

1.06:

1.07:

The issue I'm having (and trying to work with) is allowing the same turn-in angle as you would with a wheel. At the moment it's a little less, so you'll need to slow down a touch into higher speed corners. While this may not sound like the biggest issue, the AI will have an advantage as they'll carry speed that you can't. Blanchimont at Spa Francorchamps is a fine example, while usually flat out on 1.07, you'd need to lift on 1.06.

I'll keep tweaking.
Can you please let me know which value I'd have to change if I wanted the FFB to keep the wheel going straight in the drift direction during drifts, and not overcorrecting to try to get the rear back in again?

IRL you can increase/decrease angle mid-drift with throttle input, without having to touch the steering wheel much, but here even if I floor it the car still tries to pull the rear back in and straighten itself.

Last edited:

1.06:

1.07:

I'll keep tweaking

I figured it was a gyro setting, the rest variables made the ride way unstable and I had to revert it back at all times while gyro setting made some serious impact on car's behaviour.

Can you please let me know which value I'd have to change if I wanted the FFB to keep the wheel going straight in the drift direction during drifts, and not overcorrecting to try to get the rear back in again?

IRL you can increase/decrease angle mid-drift with throttle input, without having to touch the steering wheel much, but here even if I floor it the car still tries to pull the rear back in and straighten itself.
keep increasing gyro angular velocity till you hit the good spot. he quite literally outlined it in his response.

1.06:

1.07:

I'll keep tweaking.
I apologize for spamming, but holy ****, the value of 1.6 is officially god mode on! I can maintain the car at slip angle like its nobody's business and do it stable. Thank you sir, I just dropped about 4 seconds on my nordschleife previous lap record for porsche rsr (964) and half the lap I was playfully drifting. I cannot believe this. With a little steam controller tweaking I was able to trail brake without ABS, too, just took a bit of getting used to. Hat's off to you sir.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough I've been driving it at 1.75 (half way between version 1.06 and 1.07) and seem to be getting the best results. Great turn in angle on high speed corners (especially Brands Hatch forest section) and good stability.

Try 1.75. If you like it, I'll update it officially.

keep increasing gyro angular velocity till you hit the good spot. he quite literally outlined it in his response.
Edit: Basically what you want for better drifting imo is increasing FFB self steering, while decreasing gyro steering values.

I tried around some more and it works good enough for now.
Harder than with original settings but it feels much more natural and rewarding for me.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough I've been driving it at 1.75 (half way between version 1.06 and 1.07) and seem to be getting the best results. Great turn in angle on high speed corners (especially Brands Hatch forest section) and good stability.

Try 1.75. If you like it, I'll update it officially.
It is a lethal weapon Geraint. I can keep up with guys on sim rigs with it and on traffic servers I no longer experience any understeer or wobble/fishtailing. I think it deserves a release. Also I use much more aggressive settings on the controller than outlined in the mod description, but I guess it is a preference.
Edit: Basically what you want for better drifting imo is increasing FFB self steering, while decreasing gyro steering values.

I tried around some more and it works good enough for now.
Harder than with original settings but it feels much more natural and rewarding for me.
1688781854852.png

there are my "drift preset settings"

controller setting for drift:
1688782965770.png

video demo for how it looks (potato quality) here

UPD: for AWD cars the Slip must be much higher to avoid understeer. I found that values 7 to 10 are optimal depending on the car power level.

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 208 27.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 143 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 63 8.3%
  • At a friends house