ConsoleFX: A Console-like script for Gamepads

Misc ConsoleFX: A Console-like script for Gamepads 1.06

Login or Register an account to download this content
okay so I've tested this a lot on multiple versions of csp and different steering and ffb settings and many cars. this is defiantly a improvement. my only issue is switch backs when drifting feel very wrong and really hard to put the car where you want. 0 issues on my previous controller settings with that. I also would like to state that i have spent over 3 years learning assetto physics and building cars. now that I'm on controller I've been doing data for all my cars to fit a controller. The amount off FFB on a car is a huge, huge, huge factor on how a controller handles it. feels like ffb in car dose the same thing filter dose in settings. Another little issue i have is front tire movement is still a bitt to the extremes on small inputs but im sure i can play with setting to adjust that.
1660951211384.png
csp - 1.77 for now.

I don't think two versions are needed at least just yet. Just keep tweaking and updating the mod. The opposite lock assist is too much compared to even NFS Shift, I think. I also think the cars will still be very drivable if you lower the assists. I guess you could make another profile that makes drifting possible. Flamboyant driving is difficult right now. The Good thing, however, is that we can drive 50s, 60s, car with the current state of the mod.
Keep it up.

Hi,
thx for your work.
I tested it few days ago when the wheels totally left the car, but now i think it s really difficult to turn wheel rim on narrow tracks stage like rally or touge.
It s like the wheel don t seems to have the full angle rotation.
Perhaps a tweak on the assetto options but i tested lot of combination and it doesn t seems to be better. Any idea?

Hi,
thx for your work.
I tested it few days ago when the wheels totally left the car, but now i think it s really difficult to turn wheel rim on narrow tracks stage like rally or touge.
It s like the wheel don t seems to have the full angle rotation.
Perhaps a tweak on the assetto options but i tested lot of combination and it doesn t seems to be better. Any idea?
That's interesting. Make sure you've set the controller settings to the posts settings too.

Can you let me know what car/track you're testing?

Hi,
i tested with some mods and some kunos car like for example ford r1600.and with your setup. setup is good on gt track style. But tracks with narrow hairpins or touge tracks ,where you are with low speed on turns are difficults to drive.
perhaps the acceleration sensivity , or perhaps the new tweak to avoid wheels to flip is a bit too high?

after many hrs of testing i gotta say this mod is epic for controllers. few issues. locking up brakes when left foot braking in a drift when all traction has broken loose in front tires from brakes locking up they go a bit crazy, they steer waaay off over what should happen based on controller inputs and what you would expect to happen. it's like understeer
or scrub to the extreme throw's things waay off

Last edited:
probably an unique problem. but when i have your addon enabled my game crashes about 10 seconds into the start of the race. if i disable your addon it works fine.

the other weird part is its only in race mode. i can use time attack or hotlap etc without issue.

i tried disabling all my apps to see if something was interfering, but same issue.

probably an unique problem. but when i have your addon enabled my game crashes about 10 seconds into the start of the race. if i disable your addon it works fine.

the other weird part is its only in race mode. i can use time attack or hotlap etc without issue.

i tried disabling all my apps to see if something was interfering, but same issue.
Wow, that's odd. Try a different content manager version, either newer or older. Apologies for the troubles.

Thanks for using my script!
I have posted an improved version of A7-Assist based on your post.
In the new version, you can adjust the stick and trigger deadzones and gamma, and the behavior changes according to the steering lock angle, so you don't have to change the Steering Wheel Limit. You can even do some drifting!
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/a7-assist-gamepad-fx.53941/
That's great! I've just tried it out, lovely work. My issue with the original script (which is why I made my changes) was that the counter steer was too slow, which gave a fish tailing effect when trying to correct oversteer. I sped this up so that it didn't fishtail so much.

With your added stick gamma, it's almost perfect. The only thing I'd love to be included is steering speed. Is there any way of adding steering speed to the script? Essentially you want the wheel to be smooth to control, but very fast to countersteer. If I increase the gyro, it increases the counter steer but the steering speed is crazy fast. Your standard settings has a great steering speed, but the counter speed is far too slow.

Try these three changes:

Stick gamma = 1.7
local dtDebug = dt * (dtSkip + 7)
dtSkipCount = dtSkipCount + 10

That speeds up the gyro, and calms the car down on the straights. But you'll see the problem of the steering being very fast, which is why I'd love to see steering speed added. That would be great!

Awesome work though!

Last edited:
That's great! I've just tried it out, lovely work. My issue with the original script (which is why I made my changes) was that the counter steer was too slow, which gave a fish tailing effect when trying to correct oversteer. I sped this up so that it didn't fishtail so much.

With your added stick gamma, it's almost perfect. The only thing I'd love to be included is steering speed. Is there any way of adding steering speed to the script? Essentially you want the wheel to be smooth to control, but very fast to countersteer. If I increase the gyro, it increases the counter steer but the steering speed is crazy fast. Your standard settings has a great steering speed, but the counter speed is far too slow.

Try these three changes:

Stick gamma = 1.7
local dtDebug = dt * (dtSkip + 7)
dtSkipCount = dtSkipCount + 10

That speeds up the gyro, and calms the car down on the straights. But you'll see the problem of the steering being very fast, which is why I'd love to see steering speed added. That would be great!

Awesome work though!
In fact, ignore the above, just download this file - I've made a few changes

That would be my recommendation for grip driving and quick response :)

Why is the steering always went rogue midturn? Like it will always countersteer even if I wanted to finish my turn
Without the assist, letting go of the stick will whip the wheel back to centre, which in a car will cause a spin. It counters this with counter steer so that it can mimic what you'd do with a wheel. Most console games do this, they just don't visually show it.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 269 37.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 279 38.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 258 35.4%
  • McLaren

Votes: 170 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 274 37.6%
  • Intel

Votes: 92 12.6%