ConsoleFX: A Console-like script for Gamepads

Misc ConsoleFX: A Console-like script for Gamepads 1.06

Login or Register an account to download this content
Without the assist, letting go of the stick will whip the wheel back to centre, which in a car will cause a spin. It counters this with counter steer so that it can mimic what you'd do with a wheel. Most console games do this, they just don't visually show it.
they did? So, there must be something with my driving style then, because I always lost the car midturn.

they did? So, there must be something with my driving style then, because I always lost the car midturn.
It would be better if the script had an 'ease' on return so that it turned the wheel back to centre a little slower, but I've not figured out how to do this.

If you're just letting go of the stick mid-turn, then that's going to cause the problems you're having. Try not to let it flick back to the middle. I've been using this (as well as many others) since release with no issues with it, so it could well be down to a driving style.

Does this require you to have ABS and TCS on in AC Settings? I'm asking because I like to have those assists set to "factory". I'm generally pleased with how AC handles on a controller (aside from the need to use the keyboard for menus and stuff though csp got around that lately) It's a great idea regardless

Does this require you to have ABS and TCS on in AC Settings? I'm asking because I like to have those assists set to "factory". I'm generally pleased with how AC handles on a controller (aside from the need to use the keyboard for menus and stuff though csp got around that lately) It's a great idea regardless
TC, no. ABS, only if you find your wheels locking up easy. Though if you're used to it without, you may be alright.

TC, no. ABS, only if you find your wheels locking up easy. Though if you're used to it without, you may be alright.
I think I might need to test somethings (probably update my controller config for AC to test it with the CSP functions) I'll be keeping an eye on this and try it out. Yeah I'm used to having to getting around the brake fade on some cars with more sensitive brakes (some are so good to drive but have "aggro brakes" temperamental as hell :p Cheers

I cant find the place to set the abd and save as a gamepad setting. can someone tell me please?
X3KAgPD.png

Are there any plans in the future to get ConsoleFX working with the haptic feedback triggers on PS5 DualSense controllers? Recently got one of thoses controllers myself and have been really enjoying it. Most of the features that CSP integrated with it appear to work just fine, but the haptics feedback seems to go undetected when ConsoleFX is enabled.

As nice it is to try out on the script that X4Fab made for it, that regular control scheme is just.. far too awkward to use. Much prefer how much more natural ConsoleFX feels in comparison.

Last edited:
Hi mate,

You asked us to turn on ABS and save it as a gamepad preset... I can't see any options to do that, nor are there any guides online. Can you explain how we can do this? Cheers, script is a tonne of fun.

Hi mate,

You asked us to turn on ABS and save it as a gamepad preset... I can't see any options to do that, nor are there any guides online. Can you explain how we can do this? Cheers, script is a tonne of fun.
Of course. If you head here:

1683112698359.png

See the drop down at the bottom of the pop-up window? I've named mine 'Pro - Wheel', and I have another called 'Pro - Gamepad'. They're my wheel and gamepad settings for the TC, ABS, etc.

Edit: Forget what I asked. Been playing with the settings a little bit and it's perfect now!
Once again: 5 stars for you and this is perfect for drifting now!

Last edited:
Is there a way to make the steering a bit slower? It's pretty twitchy, which can be a bit of a problem in softer cars. I tried changing steering speed, steering filter and speed sensitivity, but they don't seem to change anything, or atleast I didn't notice any change.

Is there a way to make the steering a bit slower? It's pretty twitchy, which can be a bit of a problem in softer cars. I tried changing steering speed, steering filter and speed sensitivity, but they don't seem to change anything, or atleast I didn't notice any change.
If it's slower, the correction wouldn't work. It's a side effect unfortunately.

How do I revert to 1.06? I really don't like the fishtailing and I got too used to the old script... If it is unavailable, any way I could revert it manually by editing .lua? pls help!

It shouldn't be that different! I'll take a look as I've noticed the same, so will release an update soon.
Can you tell me what needed to be edited, if one wanted less self steering and more pure FFB?

I still think your mod is overall the best for drifting, but it's correcting just a little bit too much sometimes.

It shouldn't be that different! I'll take a look as I've noticed the same, so will release an update soon.
It honestly is. I was playing around with gyroscope and slip settings and seem to have found a best drifting setup I ever found in my entire experience with AC.... But it had proven completely undrivable for regular grip.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 269 36.7%
  • Porsche

Votes: 281 38.4%
  • BMW

Votes: 261 35.7%
  • McLaren

Votes: 170 23.2%
  • Toyota

Votes: 276 37.7%
  • Intel

Votes: 92 12.6%