Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

• Deleted member 1066209

Hello, I have an issue where the upper half of my windshield is darkly tinted at night
Lol, that's just realistic lighting. Modern cars have a distinct cutoff.

If you're not interested in realism, and want to see more of your surroundings, you can try to widen the light beam.

Go to Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > Lighting FX, and increase the "Headlights Wideness" value.

No, its not lol, its a dark shade halfway in my screen,windshield or not and its not realistic, and ive widended the headlights to no avail. It appears i cannot get enough brightness. I had it working at one time, but i cant even see stars. I repeat, its without a windshield too. a thick black line doesnt exist in real life, it blends and not abruptly

Last edited:
No, its not lol, its a dark shade halfway in my screen,windshield or not and its not realistic, and ive widended the headlights to no avail. It appears i cannot get enough brightness. I had it working at one time, but i cant even see stars. I repeat, its without a windshield too. a thick black line doesnt exist in real life, it blends and not abruptly
https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/aoc-e275 I think i found my problem, shitty grayscale with this monitor

So recently the hard drive i keep assetto corsa on started failing, so I copied all the cars and tracks I could to another hard drive and installed assetto on it and imported all the cars and tracks. But now all the cars have lost their modified names and corrected brand ID's that I changed in the content tab to organize them, for example I named all my bmw mods with the chassis code first. if i change the assetto corsa folder in content manager back to the one on the failing hard drive all the cars still have the names and brand ID's I gave them, so I'm trying to find where content manager stores the data for it so i can transfer it over to my good drive.

TLDR;
Where does Content Manager store the data for custom car names and brand ID's when you change them in the content tab?

CarsFailingHD.PNG
CarsNew.PNG

Thats the difference between the two.

CM stores all its internal data in

%appdata%\Local\AcTools Content Manager

Check the subfolders until you find what you're looking for. But TMK the car name is stored only in the UI.

Last edited:
Hi,

Signed up for premium Content Manager and trying to load MODS. Skins, cars etc but none ever work. Every file is not supported and will not load at all. I am new to this and i don't have a clue where it is going wrong. Thanks!

Hi,

Signed up for premium Content Manager and trying to load MODS. Skins, cars etc but none ever work. Every file is not supported and will not load at all. I am new to this and i don't have a clue where it is going wrong. Thanks!

Well first of all, wrong forum! I think you are looking for this page to ask for support: https://acstuff.ru/app/

Secondly, if you have a Assetto Corsa specific question you can ask them here: https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa.130/

Good morning,
I downloaded assetto corsa by following the steps but I have an error message when I want to launch a game:
custom shader fw1_quad_vs.fxo failed to load
function:load_shader
file:82
Do you know why I got this error? and how can i solve it?
I have Windows 7 ultime
I put the photo of the error
thank you in advance for your responses

Attachments

• A0011464-E3D9-4107-B98F-A4DFE631AF51.jpeg
    A0011464-E3D9-4107-B98F-A4DFE631AF51.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 36
Good morning,
I downloaded assetto corsa by following the steps but I have an error message when I want to launch a game:
custom shader fw1_quad_vs.fxo failed to load
function:load_shader
file:82
Do you know why I got this error? and how can i solve it?
I have Windows 7 ultime
I put the photo of the error
thank you in advance for your responses

Attachments

• 4B000950-1A1E-4E21-BF62-F4113CD0BA7F.jpeg
    4B000950-1A1E-4E21-BF62-F4113CD0BA7F.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 33

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 321 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 191 27.2%
Back