Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

For anyone familiar with how the content manager compression tool works, is it advised when creating a back up of your content folder to do so in an de-compressed state? I'm not sure if doing it while they are currently compressed would cause issues and the original files would no longer be able to be de-compressed if I ever have to restore from the backup. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
Its fine to back them up compressed. LZX is compression built into windows. You'll notice that you can still access all those files in file explorer normally.

Last edited:
Its fine to back them up compressed. LZX is compression built into windows. You'll notice that you can still access all those files in file explorer normally.
Thanks for confirming, wasn't sure if the compression was somehow associated within content manager and the tool itself, that makes things much easier haha. Wasn't sure if I was going to have to clear space on my SSD to decompress and make a backup

Just updated CM from v0.8.2393.39063 to v0.8.2467.39678 but cannot now right-click cars or tracks from the content menu to open them in quick drive, open a car in custom showroom etc. The preview of the car or track does show when you hover over it, but no right-click menu appears....most odd. Reverted to old version where the missing menu appears just fine.

I've seen a video where they review the new features in Content Manager. One of the new options is: settings, Content Manager, appearance, Show popup details in selection dialogs. However, I have updated my Content Manager and cannot see that option. Is is included only with CSP 1.8? Does that option has to do with removing the annoying popup that is displayed when browsing the car list, something absolutely useless, absurd and which makes selecting your car a pain in the ass.

The same problem, and the same solution (delete albon of the grid), and works. It's time to double Sargent XD

Many thanks!
It's because of helmet code in ext_config.ini by acsprh_v2. If you delete the code

Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=acsprh_v2/rh_bell_23
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

;SET ACTIVE=1 ON THE CONFIGURATION YOU WANT TO USE, ALL THE OTHERS MUST BE ACTIVE=0

;Bell Helmet - F1 2023 - Albon
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
MESHES=helmet-peds_SUB5, helmet-peds_SUB2, helmet-shell_SUB4, helmet-shell_SUB5, helmet-shell_SUB6,
IS_ACTIVE=0
IS_RENDERABLE=0
CAST_SHADOWS=0

it should work

Hi all,
i´ve some TCR cars in diffrent brands listet. Cars from T78 TCR 2019 are listet in all of these brands.
1683310603868.png

How is this possible ?
Possible to create an own brand to add some cars inside ? For example to create a NLS/N24 Grid ?

It's because of helmet code in ext_config.ini by acsprh_v2. If you delete the code

Code:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=acsprh_v2/rh_bell_23
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

;SET ACTIVE=1 ON THE CONFIGURATION YOU WANT TO USE, ALL THE OTHERS MUST BE ACTIVE=0

;Bell Helmet - F1 2023 - Albon
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
MESHES=helmet-peds_SUB5, helmet-peds_SUB2, helmet-shell_SUB4, helmet-shell_SUB5, helmet-shell_SUB6,
IS_ACTIVE=0
IS_RENDERABLE=0
CAST_SHADOWS=0

it should work
Yes, it was the problem, many thanks! @samuelongui

You can edit the brand in the Content View in CM to your liking.

The typical way people group cars to race together is by using tags. Also do that in the content view.
Hello Captain Beardface;

thank you very much for the answer. The change of the brands in the CM I have already understood and also TAGS are not new to me. But how do you get the same car to appear in different brands ? It is not the case that for example a BMW M4 GT3 appears in the Porsche folder, just because they have the common "GT3" tag. That is also not wanted. What I would like to do is to create a brand "N24/NLS" and list the desired vehicles there without them disappearing from the original brand, for example BMW.

I have found it. The TCR Brands have the word "TCR" in each brand, but different badges. I changed the badge of the Cayman GT4 and the brand in N24. So he was out of Porsche and in N24. But that's not the plan.
As a joke once behind Porsche still N24 edited at the brand and that was in both brands to find, but then he creates directly the brand "Porsche N24" . So it does not work like that either.
So it will probably only go through the tags. So edit each desired car the TAG N24.

Hi,

I ve installed Assetto with CM Sol Pure etc on many PC's but this time, i have a weird Isssue, I don't have the controller script list at all, only weather style showing.

Have a look a the picture :

Screenshot 2023-05-12 073236.png

If you can help by any chance.

Thanks

Workshop not working in Content Manager. The message that comes up is:

Navigation failed
Cannot locate resource 'pages/workshop/workshopcarbrandshorizonal.xaml'.

Source
/Pages/Workshop/WorkshopCarBrandsHorizonal.xaml?Content=cars&Category=car-brands&SearchBy=carBrand

Stack Trace
System.IO.IOException: Cannot locate resource 'pages/workshop/workshopcarbrandshorizonal.xaml'.
at MS.Internal.AppModel.ResourcePart.GetStreamCore(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream()
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator)
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.DefaultContentLoader.<LoadContentAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

Suggestions
Copy the error details to the clipboard. Try to refresh this page or go back.

The suggestions did not change anything. Any suggestions here?
*edit* there are a few users on Steam with the same issue fyi.

Cheers

Last edited:
When i click workshop in content manager I get this error:
Cannot locate resource 'pages/workshop/workshopcontentmain.xaml'.

full error :
System.IO.IOException: Cannot locate resource 'pages/workshop/workshopcontentmain.xaml'.
at MS.Internal.AppModel.ResourcePart.GetStreamCore(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream(FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at System.IO.Packaging.PackagePart.GetStream()
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator)
at FirstFloor.ModernUI.Windows.DefaultContentLoader.<LoadContentAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

I have a question too which is when you add websites to Content Manager and then under "Get new mods" you click a car from a site and CM automatically installs it for you straight from the site, by downloading the compressed file for you, which is a great time saver. But does it store that downloaded file of a track or car somewhere or if you have to reinstall do you have to remember where you downloaded some of your cars and tracks from, could be hundreds...? Just though it would be really helpful if it is saving all the files somewhere in case I need to reinstall or even fix a car I altered incorrectly... ;)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 202 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%