Content Manager (Questions & Answers)

so i been using content manager for a little bit and it refuses to even open and i have no idea what happened, the game ran so much better for me with CM but it broke. maybe i have to redownload but i don't know. any help would be much appreciated

MB

Set start time in the green! Simple...

1608802153079.png

Hi! I've been having some trouble playing assetto corsa simply because the game & Content Canager won't launch. Once i get to the library steam and click the "Play" it starts loading Launch for a bit and then goes back to the Play.

launcer log

12/25/2020 12:13:03 PM
Skipped MoveUGC
1: IGNOREDPI
PID: 9848

AC Launcher ver. 0.18.115.5097
Running on: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0 x64
Searching for .config at: AssettoCorsa.exe -> E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\AssettoCorsa.exe.Config
Current Culture: en-US / en-US
Length:1
assembly loading: Steamworks.NET.dll
Loading E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\support\Steamworks.NET.dll
assembly loading: CEF3.dll
Loading E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\support\CEF3.dll
Initializing Steam: True.
Steam ID: 76561198066452880
assembly loading: AC.CEF3.dll
Loading E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\support\AC.CEF3.dll
OnBeforeCommandLineProcessing - switches: 25 - args: 0
bwsi
content-image-texture-target=3553,3553,3553,3553,3553,3553,3553,3553,3553,3553,3553,3553,3553,3553
disable-backing-store-limit
disable-cast
disable-dhcp-wpad
disable-extensions
disable-gpu
disable-gpu-compositing
disable-renderer-accessibility
disable-spell-checking
enable-direct-write
enable-widevine-cdm
font-cache-shared-handle=1468
force-device-scale-factor=1
js-flags="--expose-gc"
lang=en-US
log-file=C:\Users\Ardechoco\Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\launcher_debug.log
log-severity=info
no-proxy-server
no-sandbox
num-raster-threads=2
remote-debugging-port=30150
user-agent=Assetto Corsa Launcher
video-image-texture-target=3553
winhttp-proxy-resolver
MainProcess
App Language set to:
Locale Dictionary Refresh
App Language set to: en
Locale Dictionary Initialized
Hardware acceleration: True
App Language set to:
12/25/2020 12:13:03 PM : Create main window
assembly loading: SlimDX.dll
Loading E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\support\SlimDX.dll
12/25/2020 12:13:04 PM : Themes found:
12/25/2020 12:13:04 PM : Assetto Corsa v.0.19.0130.5100 *
12/25/2020 12:13:04 PM : Set to fullscreen
Showing main window

Attachments

• log.txt
    63.8 KB · Views: 99
I have the same problem. For ages I've been looking to run a private server to just have friends join, and then I found the one in ACCM. But it doesn't work because I get that issue of the port forwarding, and I don't know how to fix it because I'm not very good with networking.

Will the server manager in ACCM allow me to run a very simple server that I can have friends join, or does it require further setup / external server manager stuff? Also, Is there some way to run the server -and- drive in it also? I want to host and drive with friends. Please help.
I don't use server manager in CM but I assume it's basically same as general AC server so once you run the server you join and friends join and that's how you all play together.

As for port forwarding it's actually not too hard usually but the exact steps are different from router to router. If you google "port forwarding" and your router name/model # you will almost guaranteed find some guides.
Then you just need to make sure you are forwarding whatever ports CM's server is 'looking' for. Idk how it will tell you what ports it wants but they will be indicated somehow somewhere. Maybe another user here can fill in that blank.

Bit of general advice for home internet users (most of us) regarding choosing ports (if you are asked to choose): Avoid using port 80 or 443 or any port below 1024 for that matter. Even if those are suggested defaults, most home internet providers will block those ports and you will have "mysterious" problems connecting.

My advice is generally select ports above 10,000. Also, make sure you pay attention to if you are asked to forward TCP, UDP or both for a given port number.
Some routers make you forward each separately so you need two entries for each port if you need both.

GL.

Last edited:
I don't use server manager in CM but I assume it's basically same as general AC server so once you run the server you join and friends join and that's how you all play together.

As for port forwarding it's actually not too hard usually but the exact steps are different from router to router. If you google "port forwarding" and your router name/model # you will almost guaranteed find some guides.
Then you just need to make sure you are forwarding whatever ports CM's server is 'looking' for. Idk how it will tell you what ports it wants but they will be indicated somehow somewhere. Maybe another user here can fill in that blank.

Bit of general advice for home internet users (most of us) regarding choosing ports (if you are asked to choose): Avoid using port 80 or 443 or any port below 1024 for that matter. Even if those are suggested defaults, most home internet providers will block those ports and you will have "mysterious" problems connecting.

My advice is generally select ports above 10,000. Also, make sure you pay attention to if you are asked to forward TCP, UDP or both for a given port number.
Some routers make you forward each separately so you need two entries for each port if you need both.

GL.

Thank you very very much!

Hey thanks @Mascot and @BuntaF!!!

With the stuff you posted, I was able to figure out that I needed to open BOTH my download screen AND my Content Manager ... THEN grab the down loaded file (still zipped) from the Down Load page and drag it to the three horizontal lines in the upper right hand corner of Content Manager ... and just let the CM do its work. Cars, Tracks and Apps ... CM does it all!

This was the piece I was missing ... thanks again.

Hopefully my subject line was clear enough that this topic can be found in a search!

Thanks a lot, I was asking the same question but you answered it perfectly

So noone doesnt know hot to uninstall Content Manager totaly ?
Delete the .exe then go to the AppData\Local and delete the "AcTools Content Manager" folder. That should remove everything related to Content Manager, but keep in mind that any car and track mods you installed using CM will still remain in your game, since they are located in your game folder. Those you will need to delete manually. Hope that helps.

I downloaded CM and also sent a Paypal payment a few months ago so I could go the Pro version.

Like a lot of people recently I nave recd a key

So now because of this I cant install mods unless someone know a way round this?

Re install cm by deleting in appdata (windows) the folder of cm (back up your settings folder etc.. and try it with a "fresh" install of cm. you need to put the code in it again after deleting cm folder

Last edited:
I downloaded CM and also sent a Paypal payment a few months ago so I could go the Pro version.

Like a lot of people recently I nave recd a key

So now because of this I cant install mods unless someone know a way round this?
If you dont recieved a key just email them.. i did and within a few hours i got a email back

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 6.3%