F1 22 Delete crowd assets

F1 22 the official Formula 1 Game
Hello,

I have been doing a lot of testing in VR recently and I am able to hold near the refresh rate of my HMD until you pass a large section of crowd. Unfortunately there is no way to completely disable the crowd via menu settings. Would it be feasible to remove these objects from the game? Or would doing so prevent the game from starting.

I have also done some things such as switch to opencomposite to bypass steam vr. Seems that the crowd / grandstands are just poorly optimized LOD's. Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

After further reflection it seems deleting things out of the game would likely cause a load failure as it looks for missing assets. Perhaps a better option would be adding transparent textures in place of crowd members. Does this seem like a decent alternative?

After playing around with ego erp archiver I was able to remove the crowd, grandstands, and distant buildings which for me has resulted in almost an average 10fps boost when running benchmarks in Austria. That makes a huge difference on my reverb g2. This was only after some basic tests I am guessing further things can be optimized. If anyone else would find this helpful let me know.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 242 37.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 247 37.8%
  • BMW

Votes: 230 35.2%
  • McLaren

Votes: 151 23.1%
  • Toyota

Votes: 244 37.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 83 12.7%