Tracks Deutschlandring

Wow. I've just finished my first two laps on this current version of the circuit. :D Many moons ago...I believe it was when mods weren't policed over on the official forums, I tried an alpha version of this layout. That layout has remained on my SSD so I could do a comparison to the finished product. Yes, I know it's not a finished product quite yet...but it's bizarre how my mind remembered a lot of the layout. It's gotta be a year since I've driven on that old Alpha build.

I can remember sliding off that big sweeper to the right after the start finish area. My Corvette smashed violently into the left side of the bridge at triple digit speeds. Wouldn't you know that I ended up doing the same exact thing on the start of my 3rd lap with a Ruf Yellowbird just moments ago? :laugh: Oh, I love the way it's shaping up. I can already see some very fast wheel-to-wheel racing with our 50-60 year old open-wheelers. :D Okay..I don't want to say too much as I know some people are holding out so this course will be a complete surprise for them. :)

No, nothing, sorry :rolleyes:

I think I must be more interested in researching vintage race tracks than finishing and releasing them. I get them to a point where they are great fun to drive but nowhere good enough to consider releasing. They are good enough for me to use, and enjoy, but that's about it :sleep:

I am currently working on Deutschlandring, Feldbergring, Clermont-Ferrand, Schotten, Solitude, Schleizer Dreieck, Bremgarten and Gedinne, with no prospect of any of them being released. I think we can put Bilsterberg and Thomson Road down to complete anomalies :redface:

There seems to be plenty of other people churning out completed tracks, so i think I will quietly slide into the shadows :unsure:

I think I must be more interested in researching vintage race tracks than finishing and releasing them. I get them to a point where they are great fun to drive but nowhere good enough to consider releasing. They are good enough for me to use, and enjoy, but that's about it :sleep:

I am currently working on Deutschlandring, Feldbergring, Clermont-Ferrand, Schotten, Solitude, Schleizer Dreieck, Bremgarten and Gedinne, with no prospect of any of them being released. I think we can put Bilsterberg and Thomson Road down to complete anomalies :redface:

There seems to be plenty of other people churning out completed tracks, so i think I will quietly slide into the shadows :unsure:
Oh no, please don’t...:(

Don’t do the Simtraxx thing. :D
However, it’s done when it’s done. And if you don’t have time then it’s ok also, we all have a life outside of simracing, I guess.

Yeah, Alfie, don't charge for being a betatester, while having ton of incompleted conversion tracks, and then never release them, because that would not reflect your "business" strategy.

On one hand, it is a bit sad, because those tracks are quite epic. On the other hand, it is logical because there are tons of content already, and spending valuable time for less and less sympathetic feedback is not motivating.

Also finishing a track is really hard, and the fun factor barely changes in last 0.X versions, at least when you use them normally and don't drive around focusing on what still is not good.

I'm not quitting - I'm probably enjoying it more than ever, to be honest. I'm just not committed to creating release-ready tracks. Each track probably takes 6 months to complete, and I already have 7 or 8 tracks on the go, and many more that I am interested in trying out in AC. Life is just too short to finish tracks to the same level of detail that I did on Thomson Road.

I guess that very few people have any interest in the tracks I like (understandably), so it seems madness to spend 6 months on each track ensuring that they are release-ready when no-one else is going to use them. I am very happy to race against the AI on a track that has good high-poly physical road mesh, a few track-side objects, shaders and textures that are good enough to look okay if it's a track that I am really interested. That's good enough for me :)

So no, I'm nowhere near quitting... just don't expect me to release anything else (if that makes sense :O_o:)

Well, the AC vintage community is not that small I guess. So a finished Deutschlandring and Feldbergring won’t go unused. But I respect your view, just am a bit sad.

Tbh if I would be able to make tracks I wouldn’t care about if others are interested in it but if I enjoy making and driving it in the end.

You need to find some willing modders to share the load. Alfie get's it to where he is happy then pass it on to the next guy that has a tree fetish and the he passes in on to an architect to do the track side buildings. :D:roflmao::D

I guess that very few people have any interest in the tracks I like (understandably) ...

... just don't expect me to release anything else (if that makes sense :O_o:)

That is very sad to read. Personally I think that there are more people enjoying your tracks than you think :(

II guess that very few people have any interest in the tracks I like (understandably), so it seems madness to spend 6 months on each track ensuring that they are release-ready when no-one else is going to use them.
Look at the download numbers, people on RD care a lot more for tracks than they do for cars.

You could ofc try luring in people to help finish all the landscapes, trees and assets. Mayb there's peopel out there who love doing low poly houses :alien:

I think Fat Alfie is being a victim of himself right now. You shouldn't have had set standard so high to yourself, so you could churn out unfinished tracks partly based on conversions, with generic objects and generic textures, and generic shaders and zero attention on performance, with no particular attention to many small details which majority doesn't know. :D

Mods are probably used a tiny bit in single player, most probably just give few tries. When community was stronger good mods were getting online exposure a tiny bit more often.

Good news for you, Thomson is being used for Cobra series in SRS, race will happen 02-26. I think thats awful choice of a car, because contacts matters a lot there, even with walls. But it is going to be epic, I think.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 116 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 17.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.1%