Did you Actually get a RTX3080/90? How?

I’ll pm you mate.

Much appreciated. Dank je wel (as we say in Dutch ;) )
Maybe someday you will visit the Netherlands and then I buy you a large beer
In this COVID period it is a virtual cheers...

Greetz
Brian

1607542319856.png

Last edited:
I decided I might as well use codes from two recent purchases.. farcry 6 with the 5800x and cod with the 3080. Neither will I play on that pc as it's not set up for desktop use.

I am thinking that if I activate it on the right computer it will then be added to my battlenet account and I should be able to, at that point, load and run it on another desktop machine. I guess similar for farcry. Still may never play them though

Far Cry 6 only came with 5800X? Anything for the 5600X? I never saw a redemption offer for that when I got mine. Still waiting for the CoD code but I expect the next installment to be released before I actually get the card.

Soooo, eh.

Ah just checked, nothing for the baby brother. Oh well, I got cost per performance that's good enough.

Last edited:
I don't know why any company would use Paypal exclusively for taking payments, they're such a pain in the hole to work with. I'm stuck waiting for their confirmation code to show up in my bank statement. Have a card ordered with Alternate GmbH but I can't make the payment because paypal won't just let me pay with my card without jumping through hoops.

I managed to get a FE 3090 today at MSRP from NVIDA (via Scan.co.uk). There were also a few 3080 FE's available for a short time, one of which my friend managed to get.

The way I did this was to use a really great notification program which notifies you via Discord when any 3000 series, AMD card, and Ryzen CPUs are found on any of the EU or US retailers that it tracks. I have been running Discord in the background while working, set to only notify me when a 3090 was detected (and I turned off all other notifications). Everytime I hear a notification I jump on Discord and see if it's something I want to try and buy.

Just go to https://stockdrops.net/ and click the button to join the Discord server.

Good luck ! :)
:cry::cry::( While I was trying out the new R3E content Tuesday I missed the notifications that Best Buy finally had 3090s in stock. I have a 10% discount until the end of the month which would make the price not quite as absurd.

You will be happy to know I am currently number 892 on the EVGA waitlist for a 3080. Based on the list, it looks like the waitlist shrinks by ~15/day. I should be able to order one in about 60 days. This means I will have waited a total of 4 months. Not bad.

I was a Day 3 pre order for an EVGA 3080, the very base model one that I found for MSRP. I have just received my 6800XT that I have been on a waiting list for around 6 weeks. That was a launch night purchase of a reference model that got cancelled so you could basically say I was launch night for the Nitro+ I ended up with since they put me in a 'priority queue'. I've just last week found a 6800 non XT for MSRP at the same retailer I am waiting with for the 3080 so most likely they will both be sold once they arrive. I received notice of stock fulfillment and shipping of the 6800XT a few days after buying the 'plan B' 6800.

I don't expect the EVGA 3080 before March to be honest. Even then, there is a good chance they will cancel the order which just means I don't get to test it out vs the 6800XT, I lose the free copy of Black Ops Cold War I wanted AND I don't get the chance to sell it on and make a few bucks. Not that it was my intention. But I think waiting 5 months for a card is hardly scalping.

Last edited:
It's not that I give a damn, as you say you've been waiting five months for a card you ordered surely it's up to you what you do with it. I would say though that it would still fit my definition of scalping if you retain your order rather than cancelling it, don't use the card, and sell it on at a profit.

As I say, I'm not judging.

Tuesday, Best Buy had Nvidia 3090s in stock, of course it was 5 days after my 10% birthday discount expired, I decided to wait for the 3080ti or 4080ti.

As I say, I'm not judging.

Sounds awfully like judgement to me.

On a brighter note,, the G1 is giving a black screen in the headset with the 6800XT. I've read that the issue is supposed to be fixed, I have the latest drivers, but seem to still have the issue. I am reinstalling the WMR drivers now, hopefully something ticks over. Any other AMD users have this issue and sort it out?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 511 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 315 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 165 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 200 26.8%
Back